View Full Version : Fighting Fantasy books

capncnut
08-Aug-2008, 04:31 PM
So today, I thought I'd take a ganders in my local charity store and what do I find in the book section? A bunch of them old Fighting Fantasy books.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/80/200px-The_warlock_of_firetop_mountain.jpg

Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey. YOU decide which way to go, which dangers to risk and which monsters to fight.

So needless to say I snapped 'em all up.

- Warlock Of Firetop Mountain
- Deathtrap Dungeon
- City Of Thieves
- Crypt Of The Sorcerer
- House Of Hell
- The Forest Of Doom
- Caverns Of The Snow Witch
- Appointment With F.E.A.R.
- Temple Of Terror
- Freeway Fighter
- Talisman Of Death
- Sword Of The Samurai
- Demons Of The Deep

10p each! Most are in excellent condition so I'm well chuffed. All I need now is the two dice...

Anybody remember these books?

horrormad
08-Aug-2008, 04:47 PM
Never heard of any of them, Good find for 10p each.

Craig
08-Aug-2008, 07:21 PM
I bought an old copy of House of Hell cheap at some fair, never really played it properly :lol:

Nice find though.

clanglee
08-Aug-2008, 07:46 PM
Are they like the Choose your own Adventure books? I used to love those. I would probably like these as well.

edit: Ahhh I see they are like choose your own adventure with dice rolling involved. I had a couple of books like these but not the same. I had a LOTR themed on based on Weathertop And a Dragonlance one where you are Raistlin during his trial. Good find there man.

Craig
08-Aug-2008, 07:51 PM
Are they like the Choose your own Adventure books? I used to love those. I would probably like these as well.
Yeah, though like he said it involves some writing down and dice rolling for when you get into fights and such.

Bub666
09-Aug-2008, 03:27 AM
I've heard of most of those books.I played alot of them in high shool.Those are some great books.

Neil
09-Aug-2008, 07:25 AM
10p each! Most are in excellent condition so I'm well chuffed. All I need now is the two dice...

Unfortunately the dice cost £25,000...

Danny
09-Aug-2008, 07:51 AM
i was really into them in my early years of high school, but then i just got bored of them for some reason.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2008, 10:51 AM
i was really into them in my early years of high school, but then i just got bored of them for some reason.
You discovered boobies, that's why!

After year 8 it's all gone to pot ... not literally ... well, for some it does ... but I was just coining a phrase.

Mmm ... bewbs.

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1203/1203_kenny_very_cheesed.jpg

Otherwise, I never did any of that adventure book stuff, actually I didn't really know much about that at all, if anything. I think a couple of my friends were into those for a spell, is that the stuff where you turn from one page and go back or forth to a new section of your quest or something?

Yeah, I think a couple of my mates were into those ... then they too discovered boobs.

True story, the story of high school that is.