View Full Version : Bernie Mac dies!

Neil
09-Aug-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow! Only 50!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7551477.stm

Mike70
09-Aug-2008, 04:14 PM
that really sucks.:(

he was an incredibly funny dude, in my opinion one of the best stand up comedians of the last 20 years or so. he'll be missed for sure.

Bub666
09-Aug-2008, 04:17 PM
I just heard about this.Thats sad.

capncnut
09-Aug-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought Bernie's stand up was hilarious, what a shame. :(

Dillinger
09-Aug-2008, 06:59 PM
Next to Cedric the Entertainer and Sinbad, he was the third unfunniest black comedian in the world.

And 50ish is about right for a black man in the U.S.. They have the shortest life expectancy of any demographic in the country. Lay off the fried chicken and St. Ives, fellas! You'll live longer!

Yojimbo
09-Aug-2008, 07:05 PM
Next to Cedric the Entertainer and Sinbad, he was the third unfunniest black comedian in the world.

And 50ish is about right for a black man in the U.S.. They have the shortest life expectancy of any demographic in the country. Lay off the fried chicken and St. Ives, fellas! You'll live longer!

Without touching on the stereotypes that you mention in your post, I think that it would be nice to show a little more respect for someone that has died.

Personally, I liked Bernie Mac and am very sorry to hear that he passed.

Mike70
09-Aug-2008, 07:10 PM
Without touching on the stereotypes that you mention in your post, I think that it would be nice to show a little more respect for someone that has died.

don't waste your time on this fookin guy. it must be internet day at his institution.

Bub666
09-Aug-2008, 07:11 PM

I agree.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2008, 07:30 PM
Holy sh*t, didn't see that death coming! :eek:

Dillinger
09-Aug-2008, 07:52 PM
don't waste your time on this fookin guy. it must be internet day at his institution.

This coming from a burnout who sits on his ass all day, smoking out while your wife supports you.

You really are a sad sack of sh|t.

Yojimbo
09-Aug-2008, 08:30 PM
This coming from a burnout who sits on his ass all day, smoking out while your wife supports you.

You really are a sad sack of sh|t.

Dude, you need to chill.

Danny
09-Aug-2008, 09:48 PM
whenever someone whos dedicated there lives to making other people laugh in a world of rapists and murders you cant help but feel a little sad yknow?

bassman
09-Aug-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn. Never cared much for the dude's comedy, but that's a shame.

Neil
09-Aug-2008, 11:03 PM
Guys! Enough of the inflamatory comments please... No more...

Andy
09-Aug-2008, 11:10 PM
Dude, you need to chill.

Some very good advice, i would take it dillinger becuase i would hate to have to start giving out warnings in someones obituary topic.

Bub666
09-Aug-2008, 11:21 PM
Dude, you need to chill.

I agree,he needs to chill.He shouldn't be taking like that,Bernie Mac just died.It's not right.

acealive1
09-Aug-2008, 11:25 PM
damn :( bernie was the funniest person ever. ive never laughed so hard until i saw him in any movie. his mere presence on television made me chuckle because i was thinking of what he was going to say. i remember seeing him on the uptown comedy club on tv as a small child and laughing because he was so funny.

its sad that he wont be appreciated til now and same with heath ledger but we know how this country is on race.

anyone on this thread saying negative things about blacks needs to get a life. a very entertaining and caring human being that died after 30 years of making us laugh should be remembered for all time. not made fun of and have every stereotype about black people thrown at him. actually, shouldnt he be banned for that?

i could also start saying things about other races,but that'd be me hating parts of my family and im not about hate.

Mike70
09-Aug-2008, 11:30 PM
anyone on this thread saying negative things about blacks needs to get a life. a very entertaining and caring human being that died after 30 years of making us laugh should be remembered for all time. not made fun of and have every stereotype about black people thrown at him. actually, shouldnt he be banned for that?

i could also start saying things about other races,but that'd be me hating parts of my family and im not about hate.

bravo ace, bravo. exactly dead on. this guy wasn't some idiotic politician who had tried to ruin countless lives nor was he some shyster evangelist driving god's rolls royce. he was a comedian who spent his life trying to make people laugh and trying to bring some joy to people.

acealive1
09-Aug-2008, 11:41 PM
bravo ace, bravo. exactly dead on. this guy wasn't some idiotic politician who had tried to ruin countless lives nor was he some shyster evangelist driving god's rolls royce. he was a comedian who spent his life trying to make people laugh and trying to bring some joy to people.

thanks bro, i do what i can do when i can do it :D

Danny
09-Aug-2008, 11:42 PM
anyone on this thread saying negative things about blacks needs to get a life.

my stance as a white guy?

racism is for backwards ****ing cavemen, just like slapping a woman's arse in the workplace as a term of endearment or using terms like "negress" or "chinky":rant:

Yojimbo
09-Aug-2008, 11:53 PM

Agree with Ace. Very well said and something that we should all think about.

acealive1
09-Aug-2008, 11:54 PM

racism is for backwards ****ing cavemen, just like slapping a woman's arse in the workplace as a term of endearment or using terms like "negress" or "chinky":rant:

terms like that are horrible. i could also mention one term where u "jerry rig" something like to fix it on the fly.

but replace jerry with a derogatory term for a black person and thats what they call it here

Yojimbo
09-Aug-2008, 11:54 PM

Thanks hellsing. You rule, brother!

Dillinger
10-Aug-2008, 08:58 AM

Your stance (as a white guy) sucks. It's easy for you to condemn racism and what not while you live on a North Atlantic rock with a 98% homogenous population. I'm American, and it isn't that easy for us. We're the ones that have to stew in this gigantic clusterf*ck you Europeans call a melting pot. So spare me the Kumbaya crap. I know the Olympics are going on and Canadians and Europeans are busy jacking each other off, dreaming about unity and peace on earth, and all that other nonsense. But unfortunately, I don't subscribe to that crap. In my thirty-two years of life, i've been able to draw one conclusion. Most minority groups excel at one thing and one thing only - Lowering property value. One of my aunts, for example, lives in Northeast Kansas City, MO. A couple of decades ago, the neighborhood was beautiful. Her house is only a couple blocks away from Columbus park (which oddly enough is still pretty nice), and it used to be a thriving, well kept neighborhood with low crime. Well, the Italians and Irish moved out (for the most part) and the mexicans moved in in droves. Now it's a huge, frothing cesspool. You can span the country and see this in every city and town you come across. Racism isn't about ignorance. It's about real life experiences with others different than yourself and the impressions you walk away with. Most of the time, the impressions are negative. This is THE REAL REASON why race is still an issue in America. Because the white people here (well, atleast the ones that haven't been castrated by neo-liberal bullcrap) refuse to kiss dark-skinned ass just for diversity's sake.

The bottom line is, if you want to talk about race and racism, i'll talk about it with you candidly. But know one thing, this white man won't let the conversation turn into a one-sided pissing party. And that's what usually happens anymore. The topic of race and racism usually ends up as nothing more than a "hate whitey!" or "blame whitey!" summation. I for one think that's bull****.

And besides, i'm not hating on Bernie because he is black. I'm hating on Bernie because he sucks. He's almost as unfunny as Whoopie Goldberg.

terms like that are horrible. i could also mention one term where u "jerry rig" something like to fix it on the fly.

but replace jerry with a derogatory term for a black person and thats what they call it here

Just because you use the term "n|gger rig" doesn't mean you're a racist. I use it from time to time myself. I also "jew" with people when doing business.

The most racist thing I ever heard in my life came from a black woman I work with. She is married to a white guy and her children are bi-racial. Well, the subject of dancing came up in conversation and she mentioned how good she was at dancing but how bad at it her children were. Furthermore, she blamed her white husband for it. Well, everyone else just sat there and laughed. I thought to myself if a white person would have asked her if her children could dance really well because they were half black, said white person would have been raked over the coals and maybe even fired over that comment.

The most racist people in MODERN America are pissed off black folks and La Raza, reconquista Meskins. The only reason why society lets them slide on their blatant hatred is because if push came to shove, whites could easily put them back in their place. Back in the olden days, the root causes of racism were ignorance and white supremacist ideals. Modern racism is more reactionary. It's a response to the way a certain ethnic group behaves. That's why you see racism shifting away from rural and southern areas and more and more into urban areas. Boston, New York & Los Angeles are probably the three most racist cities in today's America. And I know for a fact, Los Angeles is the most segregated city in the world. It makes apartheid-era South Africa look like a Green Party convention. The blacks stay in Compton and Carson. The Latinos stay in East L.A. and El Segundo. The whites in Torrence, etc.. Modern racism is more about cause and response than it is ignorance. Once minorities realize this, they'll be able to cohabitate more peacefully with the white majority.

We shouldn't walk on eggshells for anyone, especially some dead black comedian that would still be alive today if he would have taken better care of himself. Anytime you die from complications of pneumonia, it means you have a weak immune system. Smoking, poor diet, lack of excersize can lead to that. As I said before, he should have laid off the cigars, the hot wings and the St. Ives.

Neil
10-Aug-2008, 11:01 AM
some dead black comedian that would still be alive today if he would have taken better care of himself. Anytime you die from complications of pneumonia, it means you have a weak immune system.

Surely it must have been connected to the sarcoidosis he had suffered from for many years, which surely had affected his lungs?

On a side note, you got to love it when somebody, who is basically a nobody, takes such cheap shots at someone who has actually achieved so much more than they ever will... How very classy! :rolleyes:

Millard Rausch
10-Aug-2008, 11:39 AM
Just like Tim Russert another lump you Dummies worship.
I would step on their hand as they reached for their Nitroglycerine pills strewn all over the floor while they stroked out.
Who dies from pneumonia in the summer but an abuser?:stunned:
Don't cry they'll give one of his 15 offspring a job.

SymphonicX
10-Aug-2008, 12:09 PM
never even heard of the dude! Oh well, RIP.

major jay
10-Aug-2008, 12:14 PM
Who dies from pneumonia in the summer but an abuser?:stunned:

Bernie Mac suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs. When your lungs are comprimised by disease they are more susceptible to infection.

SymphonicX
10-Aug-2008, 01:04 PM
Your stance (as a white guy) sucks. It's easy for you to condemn racism and what not while you live on a North Atlantic rock with a 98% homogenous population. I'm American, and it isn't that easy for us. We're the ones that have to stew in this gigantic clusterf*ck you Europeans call a melting pot. So spare me the Kumbaya crap. I know the Olympics are going on and Canadians and Europeans are busy jacking each other off, dreaming about unity and peace on earth, and all that other nonsense. But unfortunately, I don't subscribe to that crap. In my thirty-two years of life, i've been able to draw one conclusion. Most minority groups excel at one thing and one thing only - Lowering property value. One of my aunts, for example, lives in Northeast Kansas City, MO. A couple of decades ago, the neighborhood was beautiful. Her house is only a couple blocks away from Columbus park (which oddly enough is still pretty nice), and it used to be a thriving, well kept neighborhood with low crime. Well, the Italians and Irish moved out (for the most part) and the mexicans moved in in droves. Now it's a huge, frothing cesspool. You can span the country and see this in every city and town you come across. Racism isn't about ignorance. It's about real life experiences with others different than yourself and the impressions you walk away with. Most of the time, the impressions are negative. This is THE REAL REASON why race is still an issue in America. Because the white people here (well, atleast the ones that haven't been castrated by neo-liberal bullcrap) refuse to kiss dark-skinned ass just for diversity's sake.

The bottom line is, if you want to talk about race and racism, i'll talk about it with you candidly. But know one thing, this white man won't let the conversation turn into a one-sided pissing party. And that's what usually happens anymore. The topic of race and racism usually ends up as nothing more than a "hate whitey!" or "blame whitey!" summation. I for one think that's bull****.

And besides, i'm not hating on Bernie because he is black. I'm hating on Bernie because he sucks. He's almost as unfunny as Whoopie Goldberg.

Just because you use the term "n|gger rig" doesn't mean you're a racist. I use it from time to time myself. I also "jew" with people when doing business.

The most racist thing I ever heard in my life came from a black woman I work with. She is married to a white guy and her children are bi-racial. Well, the subject of dancing came up in conversation and she mentioned how good she was at dancing but how bad at it her children were. Furthermore, she blamed her white husband for it. Well, everyone else just sat there and laughed. I thought to myself if a white person would have asked her if her children could dance really well because they were half black, said white person would have been raked over the coals and maybe even fired over that comment.

The most racist people in MODERN America are pissed off black folks and La Raza, reconquista Meskins. The only reason why society lets them slide on their blatant hatred is because if push came to shove, whites could easily put them back in their place. Back in the olden days, the root causes of racism were ignorance and white supremacist ideals. Modern racism is more reactionary. It's a response to the way a certain ethnic group behaves. That's why you see racism shifting away from rural and southern areas and more and more into urban areas. Boston, New York & Los Angeles are probably the three most racist cities in today's America. And I know for a fact, Los Angeles is the most segregated city in the world. It makes apartheid-era South Africa look like a Green Party convention. The blacks stay in Compton and Carson. The Latinos stay in East L.A. and El Segundo. The whites in Torrence, etc.. Modern racism is more about cause and response than it is ignorance. Once minorities realize this, they'll be able to cohabitate more peacefully with the white majority.

We shouldn't walk on eggshells for anyone, especially some dead black comedian that would still be alive today if he would have taken better care of himself. Anytime you die from complications of pneumonia, it means you have a weak immune system. Smoking, poor diet, lack of excersize can lead to that. As I said before, he should have laid off the cigars, the hot wings and the St. Ives.

Wow, you really are quite a spiteful piece of crap aren't you?

Sorry, you said I shouldn't walk on eggshells, well I'm not, you suck. Go start a thread about this somewhere else rather than sticking your oar in a discussion primarily for people who appreciated his work.

And I'd like to know which part of the UK is 98% homogenous...****ing hell, you talk about racism not being part and parcel with ignorance nowdays, but demonstrate your own sense of ignorance within the first line of your post.

Idiot.

Mike70
10-Aug-2008, 01:25 PM
Your stance (as a white guy) sucks.

well your "stance" as a human being sucks. you sound like a white supremacist. is that on purpose or are you having a big laugh?

mista_mo
10-Aug-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey, Canada and Europe aren't jerking each other off, it's more of a...tender caress and a thoughtful, lusty whisper in the ear.

and we have a co-worker who has the nickname of chinky, he's a 55 year old balding, beer guzzling, pot smoking man with a huge gut that makes him look like he is 9 months preggers. Oh, and he has this white crust on top of his head, and every second word he utters is f*ck.

Nice guy.

Mike70
10-Aug-2008, 02:02 PM
to get us back on track, here is one of my fav bits by bernie mac.

UC4ul_FYnlQ

Danny
10-Aug-2008, 02:33 PM
well your "stance" as a human being sucks. you sound like a white supremacist. is that on purpose or are you having a big laugh?

i concur, its trying to justify hate speeches, thats low, but would any of us interact with him in person?, i doubt it.

i mean this is a charming fella who just yesterday called yojimbo a "sack of ****" for leading his own life.

major jay
10-Aug-2008, 03:32 PM
this is a charming fella who just yesterday called yojimbo a "sack of ****"

I have to correct you. He called scipio a sack of ****.

He's obviously jealous of him....I know I am.:)

Yojimbo
10-Aug-2008, 03:38 PM
i concur, its trying to justify hate speeches, thats low, but would any of us interact with him in person?, i doubt it.

i mean this is a charming fella who just yesterday called yojimbo a "sack of ****" for leading his own life.

I may be mistaken, but I think he called brother Scipio a "sack of $hit" actually. This unwarranted attack, along with his referencing of tired sterotypes was just another example of his general lack of respect for others.

Given his rhetoric, I am certain he would have just as easily called me the same since I am not white and therefore according to his diatribe I am among those who are contributing to the decline of the USA.

I wish I could say that I am surprised that there are folks out there in this day and age that can use the racisim of others to justify their own racist views, but sadly I cannot say I am surprised. In spite of the many good folks that are out there in the world, it is obvious that there are many who hold vehemently racist views that you need not scratch too deeply at their facades to uncover.

I considered for a moment dissecting Dillinger's several paragraph post and refuting his flawed arguments here, point by point, however beyond fueling the flames I decided that it would not be very productive and therefore would just be a waste of space and time, and would be an action that would only serve to further sully the obituary thread of a decent man. It seems clear to me that Dillinger has made up his mind on this subject, though I wish that he would re-read his own post where he all but admits being a racist and proclaims how justified he is in having these racist views. I wonder if he would be shocked to realize that rather than "telling it like it is" he is instead admitting to the world how he is.

axlish
10-Aug-2008, 04:24 PM
Time to close up shop on this thread. RIP Bernie.

Neil
10-Aug-2008, 05:37 PM
What an embarressment this thread is :(