PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Hayes Died

slickwilly13
10-Aug-2008, 08:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_isaac_hayes

capncnut
10-Aug-2008, 09:04 PM
The Duke? Dead? No way! :stunned:

He might have been a Scientologist but damn, how sad is that? R.I.P.

acealive1
10-Aug-2008, 09:15 PM
:(:(:(:(

the bad news just keeps on coming,damn this sucks

Danny
10-Aug-2008, 09:23 PM
chefs dead?

ill be all :( from now on when i hear "hey there children!".rip.

darth los
10-Aug-2008, 09:33 PM
These things happen i threes. Only question is what unlucky bastard is next.:stunned:

slickwilly13
10-Aug-2008, 09:38 PM
Does George Carlin count?

Danny
10-Aug-2008, 09:41 PM
These things happen i threes. Only question is what unlucky babstard is next.:stunned:

morgan freemans okay right?, that'd round it up.

....maybe gods developed a racist streak!:stunned:

Bub666
10-Aug-2008, 09:53 PM
This is really sad.:(

Mike70
10-Aug-2008, 10:01 PM
that sucks big time.

take it away fellas:
L2cHkMwzOiM

capncnut
10-Aug-2008, 10:07 PM
that sucks big time.
Chocolate Salty Balls?

Hellz: "Pun attempt failed, scores .5 on mirth level." :D

Danny
10-Aug-2008, 11:44 PM
that sucks big time.

take it away fellas:
L2cHkMwzOiM

that was absolutely epic.

acealive1
11-Aug-2008, 12:00 AM
WOW!!

dude, never saw that whole performance. looks hella nice

capncnut
11-Aug-2008, 12:06 AM
I thought this was a nice obit.

Click (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5306640.stm) for obituary.

Screw Chef, he will always be The Duke from Escape From New York to me. Who could forget that intro? :thumbsup:

Yojimbo
11-Aug-2008, 12:40 AM
This weekend is just getting sadder and sadder for me.

Isacc Hayes was a very talented man. I am very sad to hear that he has passed.

RIP, Chef!

darth los
11-Aug-2008, 12:48 AM
Does George Carlin count?

I think Carlin's death was too far removed to count

C5NOTLD
11-Aug-2008, 08:29 AM

he will always be The Duke from Escape From New York to me. Who could forget that intro? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: The Duke of NY was great. That is sad news but what a great role he will be remembered for.

Bub666
11-Aug-2008, 01:12 PM

Click (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5306640.stm) for obituary.

Screw Chef, he will always be The Duke from Escape From New York to me. Who could forget that intro? :thumbsup:

I love that movie.

bassman
11-Aug-2008, 01:48 PM
I like the duke, but I think his greatest role was Hammer in I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.:lol:

rG4fJN_6U58&hl=en&fs=1

Rest in peace, big guy.

kidgloves
11-Aug-2008, 09:09 PM
... as a heart attack! Sorry, Isaac! :lol:

You must be on the wind up mate.
No-one can be that misinformed.

Yojimbo
11-Aug-2008, 09:12 PM
I fear that before too long this obituary thread too will be closed down because of thread inappropriate rhetoric.

It would be nice if people who feel a need to trumpet controversial viewpoints would create their own separate and deticated thread for that purpose rather than cluttering up an obituary thread, which is meant to memorialize someone's passing, with this sort of stuff.

People can believe as they choose, but they should bear in mind that there are some venues where conveying those beliefs is not only inappropriate but wholly disrespectful.

kidgloves
11-Aug-2008, 09:18 PM
I fear that before too long this obituary thread too will be closed down because of thead inappropriate rhetoric.

It would be nice if people who feel a need to trumpet controversial viewpoints would create their own separate and deticated thread for that purpose rather than cluttering up an obituary thread, which is meant to memorialize someone's passing, with this sort of stuff.

People can believe as they choose, but they should bear in mind that there are some venues where conveying those beliefs is not only inappropriate but wholly disrespectful.

Just been reading the Bernie Mac thread. Im stunned :(
Do people really still think like that?

Mike70
11-Aug-2008, 09:24 PM
removed by moderator

is this some sort of cry for help or are you simply unable to contain your idiotic attitudes about black people?

seems like you are determined to act like a real jackass. i predict that your time with us will soon be coming to an end and it can't happen soon enough for some of us.

Just been reading the Bernie Mac thread. Im stunned :(
Do people really still think like that?

that one was taken off the rails by the same puerile troll.

as we live and breathe it is hard to imagine that there are still folks who are incapable of sharing this continent with black people.

unfu*kingbelievable.

Kaos
11-Aug-2008, 09:49 PM
The offensive posts have been removed and offending party warned. If your individual post was removed and you did not receive a warning, do not worry. You did nothing wrong. I removed it because it was principally a response to a deleted post.

The thread will remain open for the time being. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Yojimbo
11-Aug-2008, 09:51 PM
The offensive posts have been removed and offending party warned. If your individual post was removed and you did not receive a warning, do not worry. You did nothing wrong. I removed it because it was principally a response to a deleted post.

The thread will remain open for the time being. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Thank you, Kaos!

Dillinger
11-Aug-2008, 10:01 PM
chefs dead?

ill be all :( from now on when i hear "hey there children!".rip.

If Chef is the first thing that comes to your mind when you read a thread about Isaac Hayes, you might be a noob.

Mike70
11-Aug-2008, 10:01 PM

as mr. burns would say - "excellent."

MikePizzoff
11-Aug-2008, 10:28 PM
Horrible horrible news! RIP, Isaac.

And since I missed the other thread... RIP, Bernie.

Yojimbo
11-Aug-2008, 11:47 PM
If Chef is the first thing that comes to your mind when you read a thread about Isaac Hayes, you might be a noob.

I admit, Dillinger, that I mentioned "Chef" in conjunction with Issac Hayes (though I am a fan of the Shaft soundtrack, and while I did not really groove with Escape from New York, or Im Gonna Get You Sucka, I am aware that he was in those too) so I guess that I am a noob. :lol:

clanglee
12-Aug-2008, 03:06 AM
"Who's the man that's the Sex machine to all the ladies?"

RIP

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2008, 12:25 AM
"Who's the man that's the Sex machine to all the ladies?"

RIP

"Shaft! You're damn right"

Mike70
13-Aug-2008, 12:48 AM

who is the man who would risk his neck for his brotherman?

slickwilly13
13-Aug-2008, 02:46 AM
They think he might have died from a stroke.

clanglee
13-Aug-2008, 02:50 AM

"Can you dig it?"
:D

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2008, 10:39 PM
"Who's the cat that won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 12:10 AM
whose the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?

Yojimbo
14-Aug-2008, 12:33 AM
whose the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?

Shaft!
Right On!

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 09:36 PM
hey all, in that vid that i posted on the first page of this thread, the man introducing hayes looks a lot like a young jesse. is it?

Yojimbo
15-Aug-2008, 05:50 PM
hey all, in that vid that i posted on the first page of this thread, the man introducing hayes looks a lot like a young jesse. is it?

Scipio, good spotting brother, I think you are correct and it is a young Rev. Jackson. Sounds exactly like him too!