PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen Pineapple Express?

DeadJonas190
11-Aug-2008, 05:40 AM
I have to say that I do not smoke weed, however I find weed movies to be pretty funny. This one was no exception, it has me laughing through the whole movie and has so many great quotes I think that we will be hearing them for a long time.

So any of you who have seen it, what do you think?

Moon Knight
11-Aug-2008, 06:11 PM
Loved it!

Bub666
11-Aug-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah it was great.

acealive1
11-Aug-2008, 10:12 PM
cheech marin and tommy chong called, they want their gimmick back

Dillinger
11-Aug-2008, 10:15 PM

Heh. You got that right. Stoner movies generally fail. I suspect this one will be no different.

bassman
11-Aug-2008, 11:45 PM

Sooo...because someone has done something similar in the past, the new guys should just pack up and go home?

Sh*t. That's it people! No more music. No more books. No more films. Hell....no more entertainment! It's all going to be inspired by something in the past, so let's sh*t-can it all....

:rolleyes:

Bub666
11-Aug-2008, 11:51 PM

I was just going to say that.

clanglee
12-Aug-2008, 12:48 AM

Some teenaged drama queen in California called, she wants her saying back.

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 12:00 PM
It's not that great, actually....

It had me laughing, but it lacks the heart of the Apatow group's previous films and the plot is so pointless I lost interest. This feels like a script that was churned out within a few short hours with a half ounce of weed being smoked.

Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I still smoked weed, but some of the jokes were pretty stupid. They tried making the emotional connection, but it's forced and feels phoned in.

This is a semi-negative mark on Apatow's impressive collection. Hopefully he'll learn from it. I give it about 5/10...

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2008, 10:18 AM
My thoughts:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/09/pineapple-express.html

I loved it! :)

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jan-2009, 10:04 PM
This film was a total waste of time and recycled jokes. After 30 minutes I ended up muting it and maybe glancing over every ten minutes for a few seconds, and it still looked stupid and boring.

However, I will say James Franco can play a better stoner than Seth Rogen, the sad part is James was acting, Seth wasn't.

I can't believe this thing has a 7.5 on IMDB, at best it is a 5, maybe 5.5

D- for boring dumb infantile gross out humor that lacks any real substance. Rated IM for Immature audiences only.

Danny
10-Jan-2009, 10:09 PM
i just didn't like it, no serious critique here i just left after an hour and ten minutes of the film thinking "i could actually be doing better things right now than force myself to sit through a movie that isnt entertaining me".

no epic "worst film evar!!" just a meh, not good at all, but just grey enough to be completely unresponsive from me.

bassman
10-Jan-2009, 10:22 PM
You know...I was considering buying this to give it another try. But now that I see I wasn't the only one with that opinion, I'll wait for TV...

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jan-2009, 12:25 AM
I rented it, was going to buy it, but then I thought, the only stoner comedy I think is really funny and good is Dazed and Confused, so I said better rent it, then if I like it I will buy it

Well, I hated it, and glad I saved myself $25.00 on the Blu-Ray

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2009, 11:01 AM
So hellsing walked out and didn't see the whole thing, and Deej muted it 30 minutes in and barely glanced at it afterwards ... ... :rockbrow:

My mates and I all thoroughly enjoyed it, and I got the DVD a couple of weeks ago (posted early so it was). While the DVD isn't up the usual lulzorz standard of other Apatow-related films, the film itself is still good and enjoyable - heck, I even watched this with my Dad, and he enjoyed it.

As for the action element, as they say on the commentary, they could only afford three main action sequences, so that's why it's not the biggest flick when it comes to action, but it is more about the chit-chat between the two leads and their 'journey', if you will.

Anyway, my full thoughts are posted a few posts up.

Danny
11-Jan-2009, 01:28 PM
So hellsing walked out and didn't see the whole thing, and Deej muted it 30 minutes in and barely glanced at it afterwards ... ... :rockbrow:

hoslter your rockbrow sir, you cant really expect people to sit through a movie that youve given over an hour of your day too and your throughly uninterested and completely unentertained. sure i might have enjoyed some big finale were im sure seth rogan gets the girl or something but i was bored and i simply chose to go and do something better with my time.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jan-2009, 01:45 PM
MZ, that movie sucked, plain and simple. James Franco was the only funny thing about it, from what I watched, and most of the stoner koes were completely recycled over and over.

2 Thumbs and 2 Big Toes down for worst stoner comedy ever made.

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2009, 07:44 PM
Well, sucked in you guys' estimation - and neither of you watched the whole movie!

If you don't watch the whole movie, you shouldn't be allowed to bitch about it. :D

Unless - obviously - it's something like Craptagium, because no normal human being could ever expect another normal human being to sit through more than five minutes or a few clips of that ball-gag-fandango.

bassman
11-Jan-2009, 08:01 PM
If you don't watch the whole movie, you shouldn't be allowed to bitch about it.

I agree with this. While I found the film to be a bit generic and overdone....I still sat through it. You can't make judgment on a film without having seen it all the way through, imo...

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2009, 08:02 PM
I agree with this. While I found the film to be a bit generic and overdone....I still sat through it. You can't make judgment on a film without having seen it all the way through, imo...
Which is part of the reason I finished out Max Payne ... ... and good lord it was rubbish.

Deeper bitchings from me, on that, coming soon! :D

AcesandEights
11-Jan-2009, 08:56 PM
I am watching this movie, which I received as an extra late Christmas gift at this very moment...two minutes in...

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jan-2009, 12:19 AM
I am watching this movie, which I received as an extra late Christmas gift at this very moment...two minutes in...

Save yourself and turn it off now. You'll thank me later for stopping you from wasting 90 minutesof your life.

bassman
12-Jan-2009, 12:21 AM
Save yourself and turn it off now. You'll thank me later for stopping you from wasting 90 minutesof your life.

That's a bit harsh, dont ya think?

I wasn't too impressed with the film, but it's worth at least one go. Just because we didn't like it too much doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same...

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jan-2009, 12:21 AM

The fact I couldn't sit through it was enough for me to say it sucks and write a review. Sorry, but if a film cannot keep my attention, I am going to trounce all over it.

The messed up part is, even though The Happening, another crappy flick was watched that same night, at least that i could sit through til the end.