PDA

View Full Version : "Apaloosa" - new western coming to theaters

MoonSylver
12-Aug-2008, 06:33 AM
This on had totally passed me by. Just found out about it today. Looks great & has a good cast. Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen, Jeremy Irons. Hell, yeah! Can't wait!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809942136/trailer

bassman
12-Aug-2008, 12:31 PM
When I saw Harris and Mortensen I was expecting it to be a Cronenberg film. How cool would a Cronenberg western be? And then it turns out to be Ed Harris directing. hrmmm

It looks like it's going to be a great movie, though. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if westerns are making a slight comeback after 3:10 to Yuma and all....

MikePizzoff
12-Aug-2008, 04:59 PM
Looks good to me. I'm glad that Westerns are making a slow comeback.

Bub666
12-Aug-2008, 06:44 PM
Thats a great cast.This looks like it might be good.

MoonSylver
13-Aug-2008, 01:04 AM
When I saw Harris and Mortensen I was expecting it to be a Cronenberg film. How cool would a Cronenberg western be? And then it turns out to be Ed Harris directing. hrmmm

It looks like it's going to be a great movie, though. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if westerns are making a slight comeback after 3:10 to Yuma and all....

*Smacks head* DUH! I totally forgot that Harris was in "A History of Violence" w/ Mortensen. I feel like a doofus now. That makes the connection even more interesting. Not only is Harris directing, but I think he got a producer credit & is listed as a co-writer (adapted from a Robert B. Parker novel I think)

Yeah, I think that we're seeing a slight comeback. I've noticed a decent amount of made for cable & direct to video one's recently. I'm just glad to see big budget ones w/ a top notch cast being made for theaters, as long as they have a good story & are well made. "Unforgiven", "Open Range", & "3:10" show me that the genre still has some life left in it & possibilities from a film making standpoint.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Aug-2008, 12:56 PM
This trailer looks kick ass. I will definitely drop my $10.50 to see this film.

Danny
13-Aug-2008, 01:20 PM
Looks good to me. I'm glad that Westerns are making a slow comeback.

aye ditto, its nice to see a genre like westerns get a revival.