PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite vampire movie?

zombie04
03-May-2006, 01:50 AM
Lately I've just been in a mood for Vampire movies and I'm trying to find a few new ones which I probably haven't heard of or seen. Is there anything you would suggest?

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 01:52 AM
the blade series is badass...i like underworld too and bram stoker's dracula (with keanu)...

MaximusIncredulous
03-May-2006, 03:13 AM
Near Dark, Salem's Lot, Dracula (79), Fright Night. Not exactly new, I know.

zombie04
03-May-2006, 03:38 AM
I don't really care about when they were made. Near Dark and Fright Night are good and campy, which I really love by the way.

HLS
03-May-2006, 04:11 AM
Underworld and that one made with keano reeves or how ever you spell it

idsaluteyoubub
03-May-2006, 06:33 AM
I always thought Romero's Martin was a great addition to a different style of vampires. I also thought John Carpenter's Vampires was pretty cool. Havent seen the sequal, however...mostly because it includes Bon Jovi....:barf:

EvilNed
03-May-2006, 10:49 AM
The first Blade is awesome, but is more of an action flick. Stay away from the sequels.

Interview with a Vampire, maybe. But I bet you've already seen that one.

LoSTBoY
03-May-2006, 10:50 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<This one!

:)

a1150
03-May-2006, 11:07 AM
Blade (first one only)
Dracula, Dead and Loving it.
Anything with Christopher Lee.

Adrenochrome
03-May-2006, 11:16 AM
Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922)

Salem's Lot (1979)

Dracula (1931 - both the American and Spanish)

prettycorpses
03-May-2006, 12:02 PM
Vamp its old and crappy but if you love bad vamp films then this aint to bad!!
Vampire Hunter D (Manga)
Lost Boys
The Monster Squad
Near Dark
Teen Vamp
Rockula (300-year-old teen vampire in a musical spoof)
Children of the Night
Sleepwalkers
Darkness

that should keep you going!

DjfunkmasterG
03-May-2006, 01:22 PM
My choices would be

Shadow of the Vampire
Nosferatu
Dracula 1931
Dracula 1992
John Carpenter's Vampires (I even liked the sequel)
Near Dark
Fright Night (Part 1 Only)
Blade 1 & 2.

Tullaryx
03-May-2006, 03:01 PM
For me it would be...

Near Dark - a very underrated, gritty and downright dirty roadtrip of a vampire movie.
The Addiction - Abel Ferrara's vampire flick
Nosferatu - Have to have the granddaddy in there
Cronos - One of the better innovative new takes on the vampire myth.
The Hunger - I think this one to be one of the most erotic of all the vampire films out.

idsaluteyoubub
03-May-2006, 03:04 PM
Vampire Hunter D is great...the sequal was mediocre but still worth watching.

Shadow of the Vampire was incredible...I cant believe I forgot to add that one in...

Tri0xin
03-May-2006, 03:08 PM
VAMP!

Salem's Lot (1979)

The Satanic Rites of Dracula

Deathdream

p2501
03-May-2006, 07:15 PM
blood the last vampire, was pretty good.
near dark, also is a must see.

Adrenochrome
03-May-2006, 07:19 PM
blood the last vampire, was pretty good.
near dark, also is a must see.
isn't Near Dark and The Lost Boys practically the same plot? (kinda?)

p2501
03-May-2006, 07:21 PM
kinda. but Near dark is way better.

Lance henricksen alone, Pwns the entire cast of the lost boys.

Adrenochrome
03-May-2006, 07:22 PM
kinda. but Near dark is way better.

Lance henricksen alone, Pwns the entire cast of the lost boys.
I've not seen it....I'll have to check it out.

p2501
03-May-2006, 07:28 PM
really?

you should, i think you'd enjoy it for if nothing else the "bar fight".

it's an excellent, albeit, dated film.

zombie04
03-May-2006, 07:31 PM
I don't know which is better, Lost Boys or Near Dark. I haven't seen Near Dark in a long while, and I just saw Lost Boys for the first time in a while, which is why I wanted to see more vampire movies. I really like those cheesy 80s films.

Tullaryx
03-May-2006, 07:49 PM
really?

you should, i think you'd enjoy it for if nothing else the "bar fight".

it's an excellent, albeit, dated film.

I've got both on DVD and I have to say that Lost Boys is the one that really seems dated. I mean, it had vampires with mullets. :)

Near Dark just has that timeless look that alot of Western roadpics seem to have. It could be set in the 70's..earlier or even now.

MikePizzoff
03-May-2006, 08:00 PM
I can't believe only 2 people said The Lost Boys!

This is, by far, not only my favorite vampire movie, but also one of my favorite all-time movies.

Tullaryx
03-May-2006, 08:17 PM
I can't believe only 2 people said The Lost Boys!

This is, by far, not only my favorite vampire movie, but also one of my favorite all-time movies.

Oh, I like The Lost Boys, but not in my top 5 of fave vampire movies. :)

It has a nice soundtrack and makes good use of Jim Morrisson and The Doors. :)

slickwilly13
03-May-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey, I just read on Fangoria's website that there is an offical sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula in the works.

Here's a link : http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=6044

MikePizzoff
03-May-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh, I like The Lost Boys, but not in my top 5 of fave vampire movies. :)

It has a nice soundtrack and makes good use of Jim Morrisson and The Doors. :)

Actually, it's Echo & The Bunnymen covering The Doors. But yes, that song is the perfect opening.

EvilNed
03-May-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey, I just read on Fangoria's website that there is an offical sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula in the works.

Here's a link : http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=6044

Buuut, how is that going to work? Bram Stoker never wrote a sequel, did he?

glsjaw
03-May-2006, 10:23 PM
even that they have been said already Lost Boys and Near Dark

jdog
06-May-2006, 05:01 AM
lost boys, fright night, and martin are my fav vampire movies.

DeadJonas190
06-May-2006, 05:23 AM
I like these, and they are in no particular order

The Lost Boys
The Forsaken (a rip off of Near Dark)
Near Dark
From Dusk till Dawn
John Carpenters Vampires
Blade
Strange Things Happen at Sundown (horrible, but good in a bad way)
Fright Night

Those are a few of the Vampire flicks I like.

MaximusIncredulous
06-May-2006, 06:25 AM
I can't believe I forgot Martin. Sheesh. Add that to the list :o.

AcesandEights
06-May-2006, 08:37 AM
Good topic!

Hmmm...

The Lost Boys--A classic! I still remember sneaking in to the movies see this. And it has a kickass soundtrack, which I really need to pick up (I used to have it on tape).

Fright Night--I distinctly remember watching this movie, though I'm not sure how old I was. I have fond memories attached to it. I even enjoyed the sequel (it had a cute chick with glasses in it and it was good to see the same protagonists again).

Nosferatu--Though I've only seen it a handful of times, it's so worth giving props to.

Interview with a Vampire--Whether you like the primaries involved or not, it was well done (I felt), had a very powerful score and went places no other Vampire movie had gone.

Blade II--The World of Darkness, done quite a bit better than Underworld (which was an okay movie). I thought the acting, writing and effects in Blade I sucked.

Most Hammer Vampire flicks--A lot of them are cheesy, but some got it right. I wish I could remember them better. Plus, the awesome Peter Cushing (of Grand Moff Tarkin fame) played the role of Van Helsing in some of the flicks and that guy kicked serious ass!

F.F.C.'s Bram Stoker's Dracula--It was daringly executed, I thought, very fun, pretty true to the nature of the source material and well acted.

Salem's Lot (the original)--Good stuff!

Salem's Lot mini-series--It really had a good cast and was pretty well done, I thought.

Once Bitten--A cheesy vampiric comedy...with Jim Carey (he must have been in his early 20s when he made it). Not very funny, but it was entertaining for me as a kid (and on cable ALL the time for a little while there).

Vamp--Vamp is a movie worthy of mention because I had seen it so many times on cable as a kid, totally forgot about it and then rediscovered it (much to my delight) during a late night tv showing. Not a good movie really, but enjoyable in its own way.

Dracula 2000--I actually liked certain aspects of the movie. I have few good defenses, in this regard, except to say that there was some truly awesome P.o.A in it.

I'm trying to think of the good ones I've missed...

Danny
06-May-2006, 10:58 AM
heres mine:

interview with a vampire

nosferatu

martin

and allthough its an anime im gonna say hellsing as well.

Hawkboy
06-May-2006, 08:26 PM
I think it's hard to pick anything but Todd Brownings "Dracula" (1931). I mean Bela Lugosi is the ultimate Vampire! No other has defined the Vampire as much as good ol' Bela.

Also you can't go wrong with ANY Hammer vampire film with Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee in it (or BOTH!).

"Brides of Dracula" is a great vampire film with Cushing in his second turn as Van Helsing. You guys should rent this one!!!!

Danny
06-May-2006, 08:34 PM
christopher lee is right up there with sean connery and antony hopkins, they are the ****!:elol:

tju1973
07-May-2006, 03:04 AM
Highly underrated and way better than its contemporary and more successful rival Lost Boys..

zombie04
07-May-2006, 03:33 AM
I almost forgot about From Dusk Till Dawn. In my opinion a lot of people forget about this one because they try to remember the classics. Its a good movie but the sequels are horrible.

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 12:50 PM
Not really a big fan of vampire flicks, but erm...

Near Dark
Underworld
Martin

Haven't gotten around to watching the original Dracula yet, even though I've had it on tape for years. Can't really think of any other vampire movies that I really like...must be another one or two but I forget.

Mike
07-May-2006, 01:31 PM
Near Dark
Lost Boys
Interview with the Vampire
John Carpenter's Vampires

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 01:42 PM
Damnit, "Lost Boys"! I forgot that one, damn good movie. Classic old-school Keifer Sutherland there, mullets a-hoy!

Danny
07-May-2006, 04:22 PM
mullets a-hoy!

its surprising how often people use that phrase isnt it?:D

dogma789
07-May-2006, 04:48 PM
Post deleted.