PDA

View Full Version : Jumping sport

horrormad
13-Aug-2008, 12:29 PM
I have seen alot of kids do this kind of jump around where I live but what the hell Is It? all I see Is the same thing over and over I think It pointless,what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bX5LyC6vw

Publius
13-Aug-2008, 02:18 PM
It's called "not being able to dance so you come up with some boring repetitive thing, but you haven't seen other people doing it so you think it's cool and innovative." ;)

horrormad
13-Aug-2008, 02:24 PM
Nope I hate It F*cking kids with there music jumping In street not letting you pass them smash there radio. It becoming popular around here but you'll see me watching Dawn of the dead (Remake) before trying that and watching It Is torture for me.

Tricky
13-Aug-2008, 06:08 PM
Its called jumpstyle & its been going on in holland for a good few years now!i go clubbing over there & its just what they do (i dont do it myself,i stomp in the english way)
Ive posted this before,but this kid is awesome at it,even though he's far too young to go to the events :lol:
DpIAcRkbS6Q

Skippy911sc
13-Aug-2008, 07:25 PM
Throw in some river dance music and youve got a hit on your hands...funny stuff.

Bub666
13-Aug-2008, 11:53 PM
Throw in some river dance music and youve got a hit on your hands...funny stuff.

:lol::lol::lol:

Publius
14-Aug-2008, 01:25 PM
Ive posted this before,but this kid is awesome at it,even though he's far too young to go to the events :lol:

Yeah, gotta admire his energy, but the style would be more interesting if it had more than five moves in its repertoire. Looks like something invented by people who have played too much Dance Dance Revolution. :p

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 04:01 PM
DpIAcRkbS6Q

:stunned:

Parents should not be giving their kids methamphetamines.

If that's dancing, I'm elvis costello....

Tricky
14-Aug-2008, 05:18 PM
ok so if thats not dancing,what is?ballet or whatever may look good on stage but its not going to cut the ice in a nightclub full of young party goers with a taste for hard music!neither is the "dad dancing" that ya see loads of people doing in town centre clubs/theme pubs,awful!

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 05:23 PM
You're one of those raver, night club types, aren't you tricky?

pMsLLMP5knU&hl=en&fs=1

:lol:

EvilNed
14-Aug-2008, 05:26 PM
This seems like a pretty pointless and harmless thing to get all riled up about. They're dancing. Stop acting like a parent from the 50's!

Publius
14-Aug-2008, 05:40 PM
ok so if thats not dancing,what is?ballet or whatever may look good on stage but its not going to cut the ice in a nightclub full of young party goers with a taste for hard music!neither is the "dad dancing" that ya see loads of people doing in town centre clubs/theme pubs,awful!

Yeah, it's dancing. But there's a difference between the kind of dancing you do because you're at a club or party and feel like dancing to the music along with the masses and the kind of dancing you do as an exhibition to the masses. Ballet is the latter kind of dancing. So are other urban dance forms like breaking, stepping, etc. It looks to me like "jumpstyle" belongs in the first category. The Twist is dancing, but if someone videotaped themselves doing the Twist for three minutes and posted it on Youtube to show off to the whole world, I'd poke fun at them too.

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 05:41 PM
This seems like a pretty pointless and harmless thing to get all riled up about. They're dancing. Stop acting like a parent from the 50's!

:shifty:

Who's the one getting riled up, now?

:rockbrow:

EvilNed
14-Aug-2008, 08:14 PM

Please, do tell.

darth los
14-Aug-2008, 08:24 PM
It's called "not being able to dance so you come up with some boring repetitive thing, but you haven't seen other people doing it so you think it's cool and innovative." ;)

I have seen alot of kids do this kind of jump around where I live but what the hell Is It? all I see Is the same thing over and over I think It pointless,what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bX5LyC6vw

Well, most people are sheep anyway. Just think about it. It doesn't matter how dumb something is or looks if enough people are doing it....well you know the rest.

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 08:25 PM
Please, do tell.

Ummm....tell what?:rockbrow:

EvilNed
15-Aug-2008, 09:52 AM
Ummm....tell what?:rockbrow:

The one you mentioned.

bassman
15-Aug-2008, 12:18 PM
You've lost me, chief.

Because this is a thread about dancing, for your enjoyment and learning - Vin Diesel break dancing...

jJRMXecS8mo&hl=en&fs=1

EvilNed
15-Aug-2008, 12:45 PM
You've lost me, chief.

Ok, let me simplify.

I was just wondering who that was, considering you quoted me?

bassman
15-Aug-2008, 01:22 PM
You said people were getting riled up, but I didn't see it. So I was asking what you were refering to. That's all.

Man....text can be confusing sometimes, can't it?:lol:

Unforgiven
16-Aug-2008, 01:40 AM
he needs some clothes that fit him... i bet he only weighs like 60 lbs

Bub666
16-Aug-2008, 03:28 AM
You've lost me, chief.

Because this is a thread about dancing, for your enjoyment and learning - Vin Diesel break dancing...

jJRMXecS8mo&hl=en&fs=1

I saw this about 6 months ago.:lol:

strayrider
16-Aug-2008, 06:54 AM
I'll bet Bruce Lee would have been real good at this.

:D

-stray-