PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you watched Dawn of the Dead in the last 5yrs...

Neil
13-Aug-2008, 07:27 PM
How many times do you recon? (Properly watched, ie: sat down and watched most of it)

Mike70
13-Aug-2008, 07:31 PM
couldn't even begin to guess. it is one of the things i will use as background if i am reading or surfing the web. i really hate silence, so i usually have something on in the background all the time.

dawn is something that i will put on on friday night or sat afternoon fairly regularly.

capncnut
13-Aug-2008, 07:33 PM
I watch Dawn Of The Dead once a week. I have all versions on rotation so week 1 theatrical, week 2 directors, week 3 european, week four extra long version, etc. I do miss the odd week but not very often. That said, I do have weeks where I'll watch it a few times.

Mathwise, something close to 250 maybe.

(Properly watched, ie: sat down and watched most of it)
Half the time, so 125?

RustyHicks
13-Aug-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm like Cap, watch Dawn once a week and rotate
between Thearical, Extented and Euro versions,
also rotate between watching on VHS and DVD

Been a fan since 1984,
so that's a hell of a lot of viewing.:D

Zombie Massacre
13-Aug-2008, 08:46 PM
I watch it annually every October when I do my horror film marathons. Aside from that I'd say I probably watch it 3-4 times in a year. It really is one of those kinds of films that you can watch over and over and it never gets old or boring.

Trencher
13-Aug-2008, 09:20 PM
two or three times. It never gets old :)

EvilNed
13-Aug-2008, 09:26 PM
I suppose 7-12. I don't count it, but it usually pops in my dvd player at least once a year these days, but I used to watch it more frequently. These days I'm not much for rewatching films I've already seen.

zombie04
13-Aug-2008, 09:29 PM
I watch Dawn Of The Dead once a week. I have all versions on rotation so week 1 theatrical, week 2 directors, week 3 european, week four extra long version, etc. I do miss the odd week but not very often. That said, I do have weeks where I'll watch it a few times.

Mathwise, something close to 250 maybe.

Half the time, so 125?

I would say you're insane for watching any movie that many times, but since I've properly watched Pulp Fiction in excess of 200 times and Dawn around 100 I guess I have zero room for talking. I guess I'm just crying out for help...or I just enjoy watching movies.

Debbieangel
13-Aug-2008, 10:39 PM
I have lost count how many times I have watched Night and Dawn and other zomb movies...I am a zombhead what can I say? lol

axlish
13-Aug-2008, 11:24 PM
I have a TV/VCR that I keep in the garage that has a VHS of Dawn locked and loaded on a permanant basis. That thing gets played about a dozen or so times a year. As far as sit down viewings, I watch it no more than twice a year I suppose. Over the last five years I would put the total number of viewings at around 100 or so times.

Bub666
13-Aug-2008, 11:34 PM
I watch Dawn at least once a month.

3pidemiC
14-Aug-2008, 12:26 AM
Definately more than 10. :D

'n proud of it!

SymphonicX
14-Aug-2008, 08:00 AM
I show it to all my new girlfriends, and everyone knows I bone a bitch a day!

So I voted for "****ing loads" but I wasn't sure if that was a statement of what I get up to at night, or an exclamation...

Neil
14-Aug-2008, 08:06 AM

So, you're equating how much you watch Dawn to your sex life? Are you sure you've ever actually got past the opening credits? :)

Danny
14-Aug-2008, 08:08 AM
not in a while actually, i watched it so much i got sick of it, 'cept for the soundtrack of course, you can never get sic of that, ive been leaving it alone for a while till it'll be brand new again yknow?, been watching land instead lately.

make of that what you will.

SymphonicX
14-Aug-2008, 08:23 AM
So, you're equating how much you watch Dawn to your sex life? Are you sure you've ever actually got past the opening credits? :)

Hahahahaha brilliant...

I get to the bit where Fran screams, then the guys says "you alright...****'s really hitting...." and then I blow my beans all over the shop, it's disgraceful....

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 11:44 AM
In the last 5 years? More times than I could count. I probably watch it about once a month or so...

Bub666
14-Aug-2008, 03:53 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2008, 06:24 PM
Hahahahaha brilliant...

I get to the bit where Fran screams, then the guys says "you alright...****'s really hitting...." and then I blow my beans all over the shop, it's disgraceful....
:lol:

Ewwwww.....

I've seen it 7 to 12 times in the last five years I reckon. Many thanks to the 4-disc DVD for that, seeing it with commentaries and different versions and of course - repeated viewings of my favourite cut, the Extended Cannes Cut (which was how I first saw Dawn).

I've seen it probably somewhere between 25 and 30 times by now. I've got so many films in my collection, and I love so many that I don't really fixate on one or two films so insanely hardcore like some of you chaps, so I'm spread a lot thinner across a greater variety of films.

That said, when I watch a film, I ALWAYS watch it properly. Start to finish, no farting about - but whether I do so in one sitting depends, so I don't always do a movie in one sitting, sometimes it's multiple sittings if it's something I'm watching in bits before bed, but usually if I'm watching a movie during the day it's between 1 and 3 sittings to get through it.

I don't go for this "on in the background" stuff ... that's what music is for. :)

AcesandEights
14-Aug-2008, 06:42 PM
Dawn was a go to movie for me when I was bored for quite some time, especially shortly after the edition from Anchor Bay came out.

Now, I'd say Day is my big go to Zombie movie.

Zombie Snack
18-Aug-2008, 12:52 AM
3-4 times a year

Bub666
18-Aug-2008, 03:02 AM
I just got done watching Dawn about an hour ago.:D

Trin
18-Aug-2008, 03:56 PM
I gotta say - some of you guys are really, really scary. I mean, we're all nerds or we wouldn't be on this forum. Granted. And I'm right with ya. But watching Dawn once a week? Wow.

The first cut I saw was the US theatrical of course. Got a copy of the movie on VHS as soon as we got our first VCR and it showed on TV. I still watch it every once in a while. It's fun to see all the commercials from the early 80's. It's missing some of the gore though.

I didn't get my hands on the director's or any extended cuts for 20 years later? Was it really that long? Crap. I prefer the extended even though the extra scenes don't add much. That's the one I watch whenever I pop it in.

I don't watch Dawn more than maybe once a year. Sometimes I'll watch bits and pieces of it. But rarely the whole thing. I can't carve out that much time at once.

I've watched Land and Day a ton this year. That's mostly because of the LOTD:RTFG game modding I do - I watch certain scenes over and over and over again to pick up details for map creation. I also take tons of screenshots out of the movies.

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2008, 06:17 PM
Loads. I sometimes go through periods where I'll watch it multiple times in one month; different versions or with a commentary track on.

darth los
18-Aug-2008, 07:52 PM
Loads. I sometimes go through periods where I'll watch it multiple times in one month; different versions or with a commentary track on.

That sounds about right. i won't watch it for a while and then something comes along and reminds me of it and i'll be in a dawn of the dead mode for a while. In the past 5 years i must have seen it maybe 50 times. I'm really observant when i watch it as well. Always on the lookout for things i've never noticed before. Normally people who have never seen it will point something new out as I, a veteran of the series, will do as well. A fun time is usually had by all.:thumbsup:

Most times i'll show it to someone who's never heard of it before and they'll be like,"what the hell is this prehistoric flick you're putting on"!?! But as soon as Wooley blows the dude's head off with his shottie it hooks em' in. Works everytime! :cool:

Legion2213
19-Aug-2008, 12:18 AM
F**king loads....I bought the video several years ago, I watched it about 12 times in the first few months of owning it.

Then I got the DVD and watched it loads of times, then I finally got the "Ultimate Edition" and have watched that several times since owning it.

slickwilly13
20-Aug-2008, 07:24 PM
At least 3 times.

Mike70
20-Aug-2008, 07:27 PM

So I voted for "****ing loads" but I wasn't sure if that was a statement of what I get up to at night, or an exclamation...

that's a lot of blow up dolls, symph. how are your lungs holding up?:p

Bub666
20-Aug-2008, 09:30 PM
that's a lot of blow up dolls, symph. how are your lungs holding up?:p

:lol::lol::lol:

dracenstein
21-Aug-2008, 09:57 PM
More times than I can remember.

There are long periods where I don't watch it, then watch it 3-4 times a month!

ZombieGrrL
26-Aug-2008, 11:43 AM
Gee I haven't watched it as much as most people LOL... there's nothing wrong with watching a movie you love often. I'm at double digits with Army Of Darkness.

I admit that I probably don't watch DOTD'78 a lot because it's quite long, but I put it on every now and again. :D