PDA

View Full Version : I Got a letter today..

Andy
14-Aug-2008, 04:59 PM
.. Which i have been waiting for a very long time for, i got a letter from greater manchester police saying that my application had been accepted and was being processed.

:D first hurdle down..

Danny
14-Aug-2008, 05:02 PM
CHEEZ IT, ITS THE FUZZ!:lol:

SymphonicX
14-Aug-2008, 05:05 PM
oink oink!!

hehehe just kidding, well done buddy!!!

capncnut
14-Aug-2008, 05:15 PM
Congrats mate, I know you've been waiting on this for a bit. You still got a fair stretch to go but like you say, one hurdle down.

Bacon sarnies all round! :D

horrormad
14-Aug-2008, 05:16 PM
http://filmmakermagazine.com/directorinterviews/uploaded_images/hot_fuzz_1-737000.jpg

Andy and his partner on the 1st day lol

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 05:16 PM
I definitely smell a pork product of some kind....

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.vinmag.com/online/media/gbu0/prodlg/TVKO1.jpgopen up, it's the fuzz, baby. :D

on a serious note though, congrats man. i know this is something you've been after.

SymphonicX
14-Aug-2008, 06:12 PM
Read:

Whilst doing research for the film, Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg discovered that a disproportionate amount of police officers were named either Nick or Andy, which led to the character names of Nicholas Angel and the two Andys. The Angel part of Nicholas Angel was named after the film's music director, and the joke where the local paper misspelled Angel's name as "Angle" was based on several incidences where this happened to him.

Skippy911sc
14-Aug-2008, 06:13 PM
To borrow a phrase...Nice job "Bronze"!!

I am sure we are all supportive of your lifestyle choice. :hyper:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/mj911sc911/BarneyMiller20.jpg

Tricky
14-Aug-2008, 06:14 PM
right shhhh say nothing lads :p

Yojimbo
14-Aug-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats, Brother Andy!

I am sure you will make us proud.

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2008, 06:52 PM
BACON COZZERS! :eek:

*cheeses it*

Nice one Andy!

Danny
14-Aug-2008, 07:49 PM
*cheeses it*

best effect post ever.

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2008, 10:32 AM
best effect post ever.
Learned that from the master - Bender.

http://www.futurama.ru/images/futurama_bender.jpg

:D

Publius
15-Aug-2008, 01:18 PM
Congrats! I hope you get past the rest of the hurdles just as smoothly.

Chic Freak
15-Aug-2008, 10:09 PM
*cheeses it*

What?

Congrats Andy!

Unforgiven
16-Aug-2008, 01:19 AM
Congrats! I was in Law Enforcement for 3 years! I was lower on the totem pole, of course and being a woman didn't help, but if you can handle it, it's a great field and one you will find fufilling. I personally got sick of gang bangers, child rapers and looney tunes so now - - I get to stab them with needles!! ^.^

Wooley
16-Aug-2008, 10:06 PM
"Smells like bacon in this MF'er"
-Snopp Dogg in Training Day.

Seriously though, when do you get to chase down rogue swans with a butter ball partner?:cool:

Danny
16-Aug-2008, 11:18 PM
hes gotta go through rigorous training first.

eating a kebab and holding it with only one hand.

chasing down boy racers without spilling your polystyrene cup full of tea.

eating indian take-out.

mastering the average response time of 4 hours

eating chinese takeout.

and a kebab.

i could go on and on, there so many stereotypes for coppers:lol:

BUT ONLY ONE TRUTH.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/kickyourass.jpg

capncnut
16-Aug-2008, 11:28 PM
mastering the average response time of 4 hours
LOL, it seems Hellz has been popping the mirth pills. Twice you've had me in fits today. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2008, 11:13 AM
This thread has suddenly turned into a sausage factory. OINK OINK OINK.

Dude, why do you wanna be a cop? Seriously, are you ready to be the most hated Mutherf*cker on the planet? No one likes cops. Hell even other cops don't like cops.

Well you have been a forum mod, so that is a form of Cop, damn man... Andy's gone full Bacon.

Well if that is what your heart truly desires, I wish you luck. Be safe out there. Even though guns are pretty much banned over there, doesn't mean people don't have them and won't use them.

And to end this off on one final note... in the immortal words of Ice Cube, and NWA. "F U C K Tha Police!" :D:rant:

MaximusIncredulous
20-Aug-2008, 05:09 PM
Congrats copper.

http://pierrelegrand.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/windowslivewriterfbitalksabout6terroristsarrestedi nnjbut-1340ekeystone1-copy8.jpg

Keep us posted in the goings on in the world of pork ;)

bassman
20-Aug-2008, 05:23 PM
Dude, why do you wanna be a cop? Seriously, are you ready to be the most hated Mutherf*cker on the planet? No one likes cops. Hell even other cops don't like cops.

That's kind of narrow minded there, dude. Not all cops are bad. I've been arrested for bullsh*t charges before, but that doesn't mean I have to hate all cops.

If something ever happens and you call for the police to help(possibly save your life), I bet you won't be so narrow-minded then.;)

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2008, 05:24 PM
It was meant to be funny...

However, most cops are hated.

Publius
20-Aug-2008, 05:26 PM
However, most cops are hated.

By whom? I suspect you may have a sampling bias.

bassman
23-Aug-2008, 07:41 PM
Be careful andy. You never know where danger can come from.

My brother is an officer here in Atlanta Georgia and I just found out that last night while arresting a man for robbing and brutally beating a woman, the guy bit a chunk out of his arm. The guy has AIDS. So now my brother probably has it and is having to start all the treatments.

People that talk bad about cops really have no idea what they go through. They put their own lives at risk to help other people and most people say they're evil. I probably just lost my brother because he was helping get a brutal man off the streets. Real evil.:rolleyes:

So be careful, andy. And even though you're on the other side of the pond....thanks for trying to help make the world a better place.:thumbsup:

Andy
23-Aug-2008, 08:41 PM
I know the danger, i used to work in a nightclub and one night, one of our boncers was stabbed with a syringe while throwing a guy out.

My mum says im crazy for wanting to be a police officer in this day and age, but its what ive wanted to do since i was a kid, i feel for your brother man honestly i do and i know its a very dangerous job, but if i didn't go for this.. i wouldn't forgive myself..

major jay
23-Aug-2008, 08:46 PM
Give it all you've got.

acealive1
23-Aug-2008, 09:17 PM
.. Which i have been waiting for a very long time for, i got a letter from greater manchester police saying that my application had been accepted and was being processed.

:D first hurdle down..

you will now be reporting to sanford gloucester :lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
23-Aug-2008, 09:25 PM
you will now be reporting to sanford gloucester :lol::lol::lol:
Watch out for crusty jugglers.

*whispering* crusty jugglers...

:moon::sneaky: