PDA

View Full Version : so guys, how do they do it?

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 05:41 PM
my wife always knows when i am lying to her. i have no idea how she knows but no matter how carefully constructed the fabrication, she always sees through it.

i have to figure out what my tell is.

bassman
14-Aug-2008, 05:44 PM
It's your facial expressions. That's what I'm told my fault is and I've heard that's what it is with most everyone else.

So work on your facial expression while lying. Or don't lie. Either way.:p

SymphonicX
14-Aug-2008, 06:08 PM
Best not to lie, come out with the harsh truth and then explain it's preferable to lying...at which point you'll probably get permission to lie as much as you want!

Yojimbo
14-Aug-2008, 06:29 PM
You should not lie to your wife, dude.

Ok, sorry, I know that sounds self righteous, so here you go:

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 06:33 PM
You should not lie to your wife, dude.

Ok, sorry, I know that sounds self righteous, so here you go:

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

you'd think that be the easy fix esp. since i keep trying to get over and it never works.

i am also glad that you've recognized the lighthearted nature of this thread. it's a little game we play, right now she's ahead 217 to 3.

i'm really not that bad of a person...or am i? i wonder myself sometimes.

strayrider
16-Aug-2008, 06:59 AM
What I dislike the most is when I tell my wife something, she forgets that I told her, and we end up arguing over whether I told her or not. To end the argument I finally admit that I'm lying about telling her (which I'm not), and she agrees with me.

:D

-stray-

Bub666
16-Aug-2008, 01:33 PM
What I dislike the most is when I tell my wife something, she forgets that I told her, and we end up arguing over whether I told her or not. To end the argument I finally admit that I'm lying about telling her (which I'm not), and she agrees with me.

:D

-stray-

My wife does that to me all the time.

Publius
16-Aug-2008, 03:02 PM
Solution: always carry around a digital recorder. That'll end those arguments fast.

Chic Freak
16-Aug-2008, 03:11 PM
Women are generally better at picking up the subtle signals you accidentally communicate that you're lying with.

Before anyone calls me sexist... it's true, look it up. Women are generally better at noticing small details than men- hence "nit-picking".

Neil
16-Aug-2008, 03:57 PM
my wife always knows when i am lying to her. i have no idea how she knows but no matter how carefully constructed the fabrication, she always sees through it.

There's an easy way to prevent this problem!

Don't get married!

RustyHicks
16-Aug-2008, 11:01 PM
There's an easy way to prevent this problem!

Don't get married!

Already messed up that solution:evil::sneaky:

A wife has her husbands facial expressions, gestures
and even the sounds they make studied and catagoried,
they know if a lie will be coming out of your mouth before
you even move your lips. I try not to lie to my wife, which
doesn't always work. She nails me every time.

mista_mo
17-Aug-2008, 01:34 PM
Mike, it's probably because when you were dating you told her that you had a 12 inch penis, wrote most of Johnny Cashes songs, became inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame, and ate a 10 pound hamburger with a side of fries in 35 minutes.

When you two got married, she realized that you were full of it and calls the bluff on you with everything she sees as a lie.

:)