PDA

View Full Version : Diary Of The Dead Blu-ray R1 October

doubled77
15-Aug-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=1067

bassman
15-Aug-2008, 01:24 PM
....I thought Diary was released on Blu Ray the same day as the standard DVD? Then again, I don't have Blu Ray, so I really wouldn't know.:rolleyes:

darth los
15-Aug-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't believe it was. I had it in my netflix Q a couple of weeks before it came out and it never gave me a blue ray option nor was it listed in any additional formats.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Sep-2008, 06:46 PM
I just watched Diary last night, and it really is a good zombie film. Definitely better than LAND. I just don't know if it will benefit from a Blu-Ray transfer. Although shot in HD, the film is very dark, and I haven't witnessed anything to be considered eye popping moments, so who know.

I will most likely buy it, especially since I have DAY and DAWN on Blu-Ray, Land on HD-DVD, and the DAWN remake on HD-DVD.

DrSiN
21-Oct-2008, 05:04 PM
I'll review it later tonight. I got the Bluray disc today and I'm going to watch it while I'm working on the treatment to my first full length zombie movie tonight.

darth los
21-Oct-2008, 05:56 PM
I just watched Diary last night, and it really is a good zombie film. Definitely better than LAND. I just don't know if it will benefit from a Blu-Ray transfer. Although shot in HD, the film is very dark, and I haven't witnessed anything to be considered eye popping moments, so who know.

I will most likely buy it, especially since I have DAY and DAWN on Blu-Ray, Land on HD-DVD, and the DAWN remake on HD-DVD.

As soon as i get my ps3 Dawn and DAY are the first things i'm buying on blu ray. Yes, it's true, i still don't have one yet. But you know how being a dad and ahusband is. We get all the sh8tty gifts like ties and socks. Mom gets jewelry and what not. :confused:

So it looks like i'm going to have to treat myself.

:cool:

bassman
23-Oct-2008, 12:20 PM
As soon as i get my ps3 Dawn and DAY are the first things i'm buying on blu ray. Yes, it's true, i still don't have one yet. But you know how being a dad and ahusband is. We get all the sh8tty gifts like ties and socks. Mom gets jewelry and what not. :confused:

So it looks like i'm going to have to treat myself.

Tax returns, man. Tax returns. That's probably when I'm going to get my HDTV and Blu Ray. Although I SHOULD be saving the money.:lol:

DrSiN
23-Oct-2008, 03:21 PM
Ok... so I made my way though Diary for the 3rd time this time in glorious Blu-Ray. Diary really doesn't hold up to additional viewings so it was painful. Michelle Morgan and Joshua Close's acting was terrible. The story was weak and the message was slammed in to your face instead of begin a quiet undercurrent.

That said, I though the disc looked Great. Diary was full of muted colors and soft scenes and they were accurately recreated on my TV. The audio was very nice and crisp.

The features were I think exactly the same as those on the DVD. Bottom line is it's a nice add to the library though I doubt I'll watch it again.