PDA

View Full Version : Seed of Chucky...?

SymphonicX
17-Aug-2008, 02:17 PM
Anyone seen this movie? I turned over to catch it about 40 mins in, couldn't believe the stupidity I was witnessing - so engrossing, I watched til the end and nearly split my sides laughing - some really candid performances from Jennifer Tilly and the like, even a funny cameo where Chucky kills Britney Spears (dunno if it was her or a lookalike)...all in all I thought it was an awesome comedy horror movie, stupid and bizarre with the suspension of disbelief threatening to die just like Chucky's victims, in a splattery and unbelievable way...still, hilarious all round movie and definitely worth a watch, just for the stupidity value...but one thing's for sure, it's pretty aware of it's own idiocy, which is a good thing....

Most hilarious moment: Near the end chucky breaks through a door with an axe, peers through the hole and says...."Hmmm....I can't think of a single thing to say!!"

Genius.

Bub666
17-Aug-2008, 02:24 PM
I watched that movie about a year ago.It was a horrible movie.

Danny
17-Aug-2008, 02:44 PM
i cuaght it on itv4 t'uther day, completely retarded but i laughed a couple of times, especially at the nonreference to the shining. its still a crap film, but unliike bride of chucky i actually enjoyed it.

SymphonicX
17-Aug-2008, 04:10 PM
Totally, I think it's aware of its ****eness, in no way is it setting the horror world on fire but it certainly is a good laugh...we watched the same showing it seems...

MinionZombie
17-Aug-2008, 05:53 PM
I liked Bride of Chucky way more than Seed of Chucky to be honest.

bassman
17-Aug-2008, 06:25 PM
Those Chucky films remind me of this trilogy called Child's Play. Just like Rambo reminds me of First Blood and Jason reminds me of Friday the 13th. Except the new names couldn't help make the films any good....

SymphonicX
17-Aug-2008, 06:47 PM
yep, the old franchise something to death tactic...

I think seed of chucky was aware of this, which is why I think it's stronger than most of these movies that just play the same formula out like it's something new...

Bub666
17-Aug-2008, 07:08 PM
I liked Bride of Chucky way more than Seed of Chucky to be honest.

I agree.I think Bride of Chucky was a lot better than Seed of Chucky.Seed of Chucky has killed the franchise.

Mutineer
17-Aug-2008, 07:19 PM
Those Chucky films remind me of this trilogy called Child's Play. Just like Rambo reminds me of First Blood and Jason reminds me of Friday the 13th. Except the new names couldn't help make the films any good....

I agree; except I really enjoyed the new Rambo.

MinionZombie
17-Aug-2008, 11:18 PM
I agree; except I really enjoyed the new Rambo.
Blates, Rambo was freakin' awesome.

Seed of Chucky was full-on "meh", I can't remember a single thing about it practically.

Bride of Chucky, removed from the original films, but quite enjoyable ... and a damn sight better than Childs Play 3, which as I remember was absolutely rubbish - and to think there was such a fuss about it in the early 90's here in the UK cos of that absolutely atrocious Bulger killing ... it's best not thinking about really. :(

Rambo though - GREAT FILM. Watched it again recently, my fourth viewing ... still excellent.

SRP76
17-Aug-2008, 11:22 PM
I can't remember any Seed of Chucky, though I know I saw it.

Isn't it with the doll that thinks he's Japanese, and blahblahblah?

Bub666
17-Aug-2008, 11:24 PM
Rambo though - GREAT FILM. Watched it again recently, my fourth viewing ... still excellent.

Rambo is a great movie.