PDA

View Full Version : 'Bioshock' on PlayStation 3 Dated

darth los
20-Aug-2008, 04:04 PM
Sony fanboys rejoice! Come October 21st, you'll no longer have to spend time over at your friend's house playing Bioshock on his Xbox. The 2K Boston/2K Australia steampunked, dystopian shooter has new story elements, new challenge rooms, trophies, and all of the downloaded content offered on the PC and Xbox versions in its jump to the PS3.

2K president, Christoph Hartmann, also commented on lengthening the game: "With the addition of the new Add-On Game Content we are able to extend the award-winning adventure while maintaining the perfect harmony that millions of players around the world have fallen in love with."

October 21 is the North American release date. It will be October 24 for Euros. A sequel (Bioshockier) is in the works from the same people and is said to be out between August and October of next year. That month is usually just called September.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/page3.html#688347

capncnut
20-Aug-2008, 09:33 PM
Congratulations to Sony for finally stepping into 2007! :rolleyes:

I hope PS3 owners enjoy Bioshock, but I doubt it. Not only do half of them probably own it on 360 (all PS3 owners I know have a 360) but virtually everything that has been released previously on the 360 and then converted for PS3 generally has some sort of problem or bug.

darth los
21-Aug-2008, 04:13 PM

I hope PS3 owners enjoy Bioshock, but I doubt it. Not only do half of them probably own it on 360 (all PS3 owners I know have a 360) but virtually everything that has been released previously on the 360 and then converted for PS3 generally has some sort of problem or bug.

Really? I heard that Oblivion was damn near flawless, if not better. :rockbrow:

bassman
21-Aug-2008, 04:27 PM
How could a game be better if it's converted from one console to another? I thought it was basically like copying the game....

Anyone ever play the Nintendo 64 version of Resident Evil 2? The videos were blurry as fook...

darth los
21-Aug-2008, 04:35 PM
How could a game be better if it's converted from one console to another? I thought it was basically like copying the game....

Anyone ever play the Nintendo 64 version of Resident Evil 2? The videos were blurry as fook...

It's actually very common.

A great example is the the Resident evil 4 port from the gamecube to the ps2.
The ps2 version is noticabbly blurrier and has way longer load times. They did make up for it with bichin' extra content though. :thumbsup:

capncnut
21-Aug-2008, 11:03 PM
Really? I heard that Oblivion was damn near flawless, if not better. :rockbrow:
I owned Oblivion on the PS3 (before I saw sense and traded the console in) and it was a bit shinier, nothing more.

But you have to look at games like Half Life 2: The Orange Box. 9.5 on 360, 8.4 on PS3.

In a preview of The Orange Box in November 2007, 1UP.com revealed numerous problems with the late beta build of PlayStation 3's version of The Orange Box, citing pervasive frame rate issues which, they claimed, "at best merely hinder gameplay and at worst make the experience downright unplayable."

This is common with a majority of 360 to PS3 titles.

Danny
21-Aug-2008, 11:52 PM

Mmm, lost planet comes to mind.

Kaos
22-Aug-2008, 03:34 AM

I won't be buying it for the PS3. I played Bioshock on the PC. Liked it, but not enough to get it on a console.