PDA

View Full Version : My recent zombie viewings

MoonSylver
26-Aug-2008, 02:48 AM
Checked out 3 newer flicks recently, here are my brief thoughts:

"The Zombie Diaries" - Tense. Grim. Told from 3 different POV videos/sets of plotlines that merge together in an interesting way. A little difficult to follow after the first abrupt transition from one story arc to the next, but tackles some fairly dark subject matter in a serious, gritty manor. Good for a low budgeter

"Dead Meat" - Irish zombie flick. Another low budgeter. Goes more for the gore/over-the-top approach. Plays a little bit like a mix between "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" (for the unusual setting of the Irish countryside) & "Dead Alive" (for gags & inventive zombie kills), although not a good as either. Not bad for a low budget-er, even with a bit of a wonky ending.

"Flight of the Living Dead:Zombies on a Plane" - Pleasently surprised by this one. Looks VERY professional & high budget. Fairly straightforward & cliched story & stereotypical characters, but it was a fun, not to serious flick. Good zombie makeups, & good use of the plane. Rember the hide-and-seek qualities of "Airforce One"? Think in that direction w/ zombies. I was skeptical of a zombie movie on a plane, but they pulled it off IMO.

Bub666
26-Aug-2008, 03:39 AM
I've watched Flight of the Living Dead,and I thoufht it was alright.I haven't watched The Zombie Diaries yet,but I can't wait to watch it.

capncnut
26-Aug-2008, 03:44 AM
"The Zombie Diaries" - Tense. Grim. Told from 3 different POV videos/sets of plotlines that merge together in an interesting way. A little difficult to follow after the first abrupt transition from one story arc to the next, but tackles some fairly dark subject matter in a serious, gritty manor. Good for a low budgeter.
I enjoyed TDZ immensely. It's one dark ride. :evil: