PDA

View Full Version : Bill Lustig talks Maniac Cop 4

capncnut
26-Aug-2008, 03:40 AM
According to Fangoria.com, William Lustig is in talks with Larry Cohen about possibly making a fourth installment of Maniac Cop.

Director William Lustig broke the news at a recent screening in NYC that he is preparing a fourth entry in the franchise with co-writer Larry Cohen. “Larry and I have gotten the sequel rights back for MANIAC COP, and we’re preparing to do a MANIAC COP 4,” Fango reports via Lustig. “I don’t have any more details other than that; this all happened within the last month, so it’s so fresh… When I get back to Los Angeles, Larry and I are going to sit down and work on something.”

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13418) for article.

I was never a major fan of Maniac Cop but the first couple were okay, I guess.

Bub666
26-Aug-2008, 04:18 AM
I've never been a big fan,but I thought the first movie was good.

MoonSylver
26-Aug-2008, 04:50 AM
Haven't seen either in a good long while. I remember digging 2&3. Whichever one w/ the serial killer "befriends" him & where he was walking on fire were a couple of standout moments. Now I want to re-watch them:)

SymphonicX
26-Aug-2008, 07:12 AM
I thought they burnt him to a crisp at the end of 3...? He seemed to take over the damage for each film, there was no sense of him "regenerating" or anything.

I hope they bring back Robert Zdar...aside from having the most bizarre name in movies, he's got a jaw the size of an articulated lorry. Cool mother****er.

capncnut
26-Aug-2008, 08:08 AM
I hope they bring back Robert Zdar...aside from having the most bizarre name in movies, he's got a jaw the size of an articulated lorry. Cool mother****er.
I agree Symph, A Maniac Cop without Z'Dar is like a horse without a cart. :cool:

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2008, 10:22 AM
I got the first one, which was alright, but I haven't seen 2 or 3.

And that jaw is f*cking huge isn't it?

SymphonicX
26-Aug-2008, 11:29 AM
Love him in Tango and Cash

"This guy broke my ribs, my leg and my jaw"
- "you broke THAT jaw?"
- "I was having a bad day!"

Purge
26-Aug-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm a fan of the series too. Completely far-fetched idea, but they had decent acting and some really good stuntwork. (The fiery car chase towards the end of the third one comes to mind.) I hope it's true.

MikePizzoff
26-Aug-2008, 04:18 PM
Although I can't remember a damn thing about it, I know I loved the first Maniac Cop when I was very young. You know that a fourth installment will just go straight to DVD...

bassman
26-Aug-2008, 04:34 PM
Not really a fan of the original...

slickwilly13
26-Aug-2008, 05:22 PM
What are these movies even about? I have only watched part 3 over 10 years ago when he was guarding a female cop. Is he Jason in a police uniform? I don't get it.

SymphonicX
26-Aug-2008, 05:25 PM
Jason in a police uniform, pretty much...but he doesn't really have an agenda rather than just kills everyone...the plots usually revolve around people suspecting then trying to stop him...