PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner - Final director's cut...

Neil
26-Aug-2008, 12:27 PM
I sat down last week and watched the 'Final Cut' of Blade Runner....

Now, I've never seen Scott's version before, so wondered how the film would fair without the narration. I was surprised how well it survived TBH. The narration really wasn't needed :)

Great film, although I do prefer the original cinema ending, with narration I think...

Bub666
26-Aug-2008, 12:30 PM
I love Blade Runner,it is a great movie.

Neil
26-Aug-2008, 12:31 PM
I love Blade Runner,it is a great movie.

I assume you've seen the Ridley Scott version?

capncnut
26-Aug-2008, 12:38 PM
One of my favourite movies of all time and I love the Final Cut above others. In the original, certain dialogue scenes didn't match with what Harrison Ford was saying so they got his son in to 're-mouth' the dialogue and superimpose his over on Harrison's mouth. Awesome, was a pain for years.

The re-done FX, CGI, and most importantly, the sound - holy crapola!

SymphonicX
26-Aug-2008, 01:21 PM
I can't get through BR...it just sort of drags for me. I know I've watched it all the way through but I can't remember it. Love the visuals though, some of the best ever put to film...amazing.

Skippy911sc
26-Aug-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw it in the theaters when I was little so the original version holds some sentimentality for me.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2008, 06:56 PM
First time I ever saw it, I thought it dragged. Second time I saw it, I thought it was f*cking amazing.

The only version, until recently, that I'd seen & owned was the 1992 Director's Cut - my personal favourite.

That said, the Final Cut is pretty damn similar to the DC, in fact it's basically the DC with some tweaks, so...

I think the narration was AWFUL when I saw it on the 5-disc ultimate DVD's special features. Ugh, geez, just ... no! :p

When I recently watched the Final Cut (with my dad, who's also a big fan of BR), I was kinda surprised at how swift it felt, I was surprised it was over seemingly so soon.

Neil
26-Aug-2008, 08:13 PM
I saw it in the theaters when I was little so the original version holds some sentimentality for me.

Me too...

Terran
26-Aug-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah Ive seen all of them....I bought that collectors box briefcase thingy....

One thing I dont like is about the new 'Final Cut' was one of the line changes with Roy and Tyrel.....

I prefered the "I want more life...****er" from the old directors cut
to the "I want more life...father" of the 'Final Cut'

But I did like the increased violence at the end of that scene with the 'Final Cut'