PDA

View Full Version : Castle Crashers!

CoinReturn
26-Aug-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, after 2 years of waiting, Castle Crashers finally comes to Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow. In this thread, I'll shed some light on the game, hopefully it gets a few of you interested! Well, here goes:

What exactly is Castle Crashers, you say?

Hack, slash, and smash your way to victory in this red-hot arcade adventure from the award-winning development studio, The Behemoth! Featuring hand-drawn characters, Castle Crashers® delivers unique hi-res illustrated visuals like nothing you've ever seen before.

Play with up to three friends locally or over Xbox LIVE® and discover the mind-boggling magic and mystery in the amazing world we have created just for you. Save your princess, defend your kingdom, and crash some castles! Play with more than 20 unlockable characters, 40 weapons to customize your hero, and an arsenal of combos and magical attacks to choose from.

* Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock new combos and magical attacks as your character progresses through the game. You have an almost limitless amount of combos to perform alone, or with a group of friends.
* Arena mode: This mode allows players to battle each other head-on with four unique modes to choose from!
* Experience system: As you fight your way through the various levels of Castle Crashers, your character gains more experience points that will in return give you the option to adjust your four main stats -- Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
* Weapons weapons weapons! Each player has the ability to unlock more than 40 weapons.
* Animal orbs: These little companions add enhancements to your attributes. Each pet has different abilities to benefit you, with various ways of unlocking each one. Defeat a boss and steal his companion, dig them up, or buy them at a store.
* Treasure hunt: Unlockable items, weapons, pet companions, and characters are buried throughout the various levels of Castle Crashers.
* Stores: Spread across the various worlds of Castle Crashers, every store has specific items to sell. Collect gold from killing enemies, finding treasures, or opening chests, then take your collected gold to these stores for some weapons, items, character unlocks, and more!

Characters:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/bigdaddyferret/characterselect_12.jpg

Weapons:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/bigdaddyferret/weaponlist5.jpg

Animal Orbs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/bigdaddyferret/animalorbselect72.jpg

All this quirky, eccentric goodness for just 1200 MS points ($15). Hope to join up with a few of you tomorrow!

Danny
26-Aug-2008, 09:32 PM
didnt like hominid, but very excited about this one.

Bub666
27-Aug-2008, 02:15 AM
I can't wait for this.

slickwilly13
28-Aug-2008, 04:15 AM
This game kicks ass. I played the demo tonight and went ahead and purchased it. I am using the Hori arcade stick and it responds very well with this. It feels like a true arcade. If anyone want to play, then let me know.

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2008, 12:23 AM
I found a level up glitch. :cool:

darth los
31-Aug-2008, 12:56 AM
I found a level up glitch. :cool:

And you're not going to post it !?!

WHAT IS IT !?! :hyper:

Whatever it is take advantage of it before they patch it up.

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2008, 04:17 PM
Gladly, if people want to play me online. :cool:

CoinReturn
31-Aug-2008, 05:29 PM
Level 36 Blue Knight here. Finished the game last night, and I'm hoping to start Insane Mode later.

And say no to glitching!

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2008, 09:47 PM
Level up glitch

1. find a boomerang

2. find and equip Giraffey

3. Go to the Catfish boss stage

Move slightly underneath the Catfish Boss and charge your boomerang. Do this while he is puking up a hairball. Let the hairball hit the ship, btw. After he pukes, toss the charged boomerang, so it will go behind the Catfish. Hold block, so he cannot knock you off your float. The boomerang will come back and stick into his back. Let the experience points stack up. This glitch can also be used against the Bat Boss, too.

I used the glitch when I was 95% into the game, so I could have an easier time with the arena stages. Which unlocks characters. My Green Knight is at level 53.

Btw, I read about a charged magic jump by holding RT and pushing A. Cannot get it to work. Any suggestions?

Dtothe3
07-Sep-2008, 01:29 AM
The game is awesome, I was at my mates and they the demo on, We clubbed up, got it, and we've been razzing multiplayer ever since. Still Can't figure out how to kill the last boss tho (not asking for a solution there).

But yeah, Awesome.

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 02:37 AM
This game is great.I played it last night.

slickwilly13
07-Sep-2008, 06:41 AM
The game is awesome, I was at my mates and they the demo on, We clubbed up, got it, and we've been razzing multiplayer ever since. Still Can't figure out how to kill the last boss tho (not asking for a solution there).

But yeah, Awesome.

Man, the last boss is something else. Several stages. Just when you think he is down, he gets right back up and changes form. Awesome and very vulgar game. :D Best summer for XBL arcade games. Loved the sh!tting owl.

CoinReturn
07-Sep-2008, 01:26 PM
Yep, when the last boss turned in to the treasure chest, I said to my friend, "Finally, we got hi--OH ****!!" :lol:

And the XBLA train keeps rolling. We get Duke Nukem 3D with full online support and MegaMan 9 this month :hyper: