View Full Version : Are you hopeful about the new Superman film?

Neil
04-May-2006, 11:16 AM
What are you expecting from it, compared to the glorious 1978 version?

p2501
04-May-2006, 01:56 PM
I want to point out on the whole i dislike superman entirely. it's just not my bag.

but the new movie looks pretty whiz bang.

Neil
04-May-2006, 03:36 PM
I want to point out on the whole i dislike superman entirely. it's just not my bag.

but the new movie looks pretty whiz bang.

You don't like Superman 1 or 2? :eek:

p2501
04-May-2006, 03:45 PM
1 not really, 2 is ok, but i was always rooted for Non. he just kicked ass.

I should point out i'm not a big Richard Donner fan.

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know how to vote yet. I'll go see it. I've always been a Superman fan.

EvilNed
04-May-2006, 04:09 PM
Better than the predecessors, which I found to be pretty silly. James Caan said it best "There's no way I'll get into that silly suit."

axlish
04-May-2006, 04:13 PM
It'd have to have a response like Batman Begins to get me into the theatre. At this point, I'm not even planning on renting the DVD.

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 04:16 PM
It'd have to have a response like Batman Begins to get me into the theatre. At this point, I'm not even planning on renting the DVD.
What I'm worried about is that they'll make it a chick-flick like they did Spiderman.

EvilNed
04-May-2006, 04:19 PM
Spiderman, the comics, always had a healthy dose of Peter's personal life in them. Mary Jane was always present, and still there was action. They kept all this in the film, which is why it's brilliant.

I was never a fan of Batman, and would personally like to see Superman kick his ass. But then again, I'm not a fan of Superman either. I mean, the guy is sooo old school. He's indestructible and only has one weakness. How fun is that? How many times can he be exposed to kryptonite and still keeping it fresh?

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 04:21 PM
Spiderman, the comics, always had a healthy dose of Peter's personal life in them. Mary Jane was always present, and still there was action. They kept all this in the film, which is why it's brilliant.

I was never a fan of Batman, and would personally like to see Superman kick his ass. But then again, I'm not a fan of Superman either. I mean, the guy is sooo old school. He's indestructible and only has one weakness. How fun is that? How many times can he be exposed to kryptonite and still keeping it fresh?
maybe he'll be an Immigrant-Homosexual Superman trying to Illegalize abortion and praise God?

EvilNed
04-May-2006, 04:23 PM
He already is an immigrant. An illegal immigrant at that!

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 04:25 PM
He already is an immigrant. An illegal immigrant at that!
Oh my, you're right!!!! Damned freak. Next thing you know, we'll have 100,000 Supermen marching in the street!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Kryptonist!

Deadman_Deluxe
04-May-2006, 04:33 PM
I didn't even know "they" were making superman again until i read this post ... anyone know who is cast in the lead role?

Not Tom Cruise again is it? :lol:

axlish
04-May-2006, 04:46 PM
I didn't even know "they" were making superman again until i read this post ... anyone know who is cast in the lead role?

Not Tom Cruise again is it? :lol:

Some unknown soap opera actor.

DjfunkmasterG
04-May-2006, 07:15 PM
Crap... Total Crap.. Worse Than Crap!

Danny
04-May-2006, 07:19 PM
maybe he'll be an Immigrant-Homosexual Superman trying to Illegalize abortion and praise God?

BONG!:cool:

Tullaryx
04-May-2006, 08:32 PM
The trailer only raised what was a meh kind of feeling I got from the early teaser. I have all the faith in Bryan Singer to come out with a great looking and well directed film, but unless Superman Returns shows something new in terms of action set-pieces and doesn't deviate so much from official Superman canon, then it'll be ok to just good.

I still think they should've done a full reboot and done an origin story instead of trying to put the origin story within flashback or expository dialogue. As for Superman beating the crap out of Batman...never happen. Superman has always been a boy scout and never in his life tried to use the full extent of his power (especially on non-superpowered opponents). Superman will always pull his punches against Batman because he knows he can easily kill Bats if he went all out and Supes is not that kind of fighter.

Batman on the other hand doesn't have to kill Superman to defeat him. Especially since it was Superman himself who gave Batman a chunk of kryptonite to use against him in case he went rogue and such. Plus, Batman is smarter and a dirtier fighter than Supes. :)

EvilNed
04-May-2006, 09:12 PM
In a straight out duel, where Batman has no chance of getting to his kryptonite, he is toast. It'd be funny watching him trying to harm Superman, tho. :p

Tullaryx
04-May-2006, 09:49 PM
In a straight out duel, where Batman has no chance of getting to his kryptonite, he is toast. It'd be funny watching him trying to harm Superman, tho. :p

Oh he doesn't need to go anywhere to get the kryptonite. A couple of past issues shows him having it in his utility belt. In a lead-lined container of course. And he has harmed Superman in more than one occasion. Once, to the point that Superman's genetic structure was changed to use his advantage of using the Earth's yellow sun to power himself up into a major disadvantage. Well, it wasn't Batman who did it but Batman did create the plan, formula and synthesizing procedure to create a synthetic kryptonite that pretty much takes Superman out of a fight without even a return punch from the Big Guy.

Superman is the typical ubermensch who uses his extreme advantage over everyone, friend or foe to give him a sense of indestructability. Superman is not a dumb hero, but he's also not genius-level which Bruce Wayne is. What Batman has going for him is the fact the doesn't trust anyone and even Superman --- who he calls his friend --- is not immune from Bat's paranoia and distrust. In a fight where the world hangs in the balance, I'd pick Superman to cover my back, but I'd pick Batman to find the way to save the day. :)

(comic book guy persona trying to break free for good)

p2501
05-May-2006, 02:08 PM

god, i'm a dork.

bat generally has the krypotnite on him if there going to be troble with Clark. he's just cool that way. but back on point, this fight has happened good 2 or 3 dozen times aready. everytime, batman wins.

sorry.

EvilNed
05-May-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow, that's pretty stupid (the kryptonite in his belt thing). :p

They should do one where Superman wins, tho.

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:16 PM
well batman knows hellboy so hes cooler in my eyes just for that.:D

erisi236
05-May-2006, 03:29 PM
technically speaking it's immediate predecessor was Superman 4 and nothing can be as bad as that :D

Superman 2 rocks tho' and it's in the short list of sequels that are better then the original

bassman
05-May-2006, 03:41 PM
1 not really, 2 is ok, but i was always rooted for Non. he just kicked ass.

I should point out i'm not a big Richard Donner fan.

Not a Donner fan? How can you not like the "Lethal Weapon" flicks, "Scrooged", or the "The Goonies"?:p

Donner was fired(or quit....one of the two) before finishing "Superman II" and was replaced by Richard Lester. From my understanding, Lester's additions to the film suck although I don't know what they are. There's a new "Superman" boxed set being released that has "Superman 2: Donner's cut".

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 03:45 PM
Well, all I can say about what made Superman II great is this line...

"Kneel before Zod!"

erisi236
05-May-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, all I can say about what made Superman II great is this line...

"Kneel before Zod!"

and of course it inspired some Mallrats stuff

"Come son of Jor-el KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Snoochi Poochi." :D

bassman
05-May-2006, 03:52 PM
and of course it inspired some Mallrats stuff

"Come son of Jor-el KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Snoochi Poochi." :D

I think you mean "snootchie bootchies, ehehehehh":p

By the way, the dude in your footer.....why does he flame up after taking a shot?