PDA

View Full Version : The Asylum - 30,000 Leagues Under the Sea...

Neil
27-Aug-2008, 02:09 PM
I remember the travesty that was 'I Am Omega', I can only imagine what 'The Asylum' have managed to scrape togethor for their '30,000 Leagues Under the Sea'...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b9/30%2C000_Leagues_Under_the_Sea_DVD_cover.jpg/200px-30%2C000_Leagues_Under_the_Sea_DVD_cover.jpg

ToXNFP9F-2Y

Bub666
27-Aug-2008, 02:11 PM
It looks like it's going to be really bad.

Neil
27-Aug-2008, 02:13 PM
It looks like it's going to be really bad.

Judging by 'I Am Omega', it has little hope!

Skippy911sc
27-Aug-2008, 04:13 PM
Judging by 'I Am Omega', it has little hope!

The movie was THAT bad?

I remember seeing the Internet ad for it but never rented it...

Is it:

See It
Rent It
Skip It

SymphonicX
27-Aug-2008, 04:25 PM
it's more like "burn it"

Bub666
28-Aug-2008, 02:32 AM
it's more like "burn it"

I agree,burn it.

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2008, 10:11 AM
Ugh, that's who The Asylum are eh?

:hurl:

If I wanna see a movie - I'll go see the proper one thank you very much, not some cheap-ass, horribly put together sack of turd rip-off.

PJoseph
29-Aug-2008, 05:38 AM
I met the main guys from The Asylum - and they are really the nicest guys who TOTALLY understand the kinds of campy movies they are making.

And think about this - they've been in business for several years - they shoot movies for about 250,000 - 300,000 - get themselves really good shelf space at Blockbuster - and keep making movies. They must be doing something right...

Also, and I have not been, but I've heard they throw the best Halloween party in town. Maybe I'll get on the guest list and send in some pics...

pJ

Neil
29-Aug-2008, 07:57 AM
I met the main guys from The Asylum - and they are really the nicest guys who TOTALLY understand the kinds of campy movies they are making.

And think about this - they've been in business for several years - they shoot movies for about 250,000 - 300,000 - get themselves really good shelf space at Blockbuster - and keep making movies. They must be doing something right...

Also, and I have not been, but I've heard they throw the best Halloween party in town. Maybe I'll get on the guest list and send in some pics...

pJ

I found 'I Am Omega' so so depressing! They had the facilities to make a good film, but (and I'm going to be brutally honest here) through sheer lazyness or sheer ineptness, produced a truly daft and silly film.

I'm not saying I could produce/film anything better, but the gaping stupid holes in their scipt are just unforgivable. They could have been easily fixed to produce a far far better movie...

Just cannot believe how that script made it onto film... :annoyed:

I'd kill to have that sort of resource at my finger tips, but to then see it squander it on such a terrible script is utterly depressing (for me)... An utter waste :( I can only imagine if I had those resources available to film 'The Midas Touch' (my story) for example...