PDA

View Full Version : The "Recommend a live arcade title" thread

Danny
27-Aug-2008, 06:17 PM
So ie noticed that almost none of my freinds have gotten even a single arcade game off live marketplace, wich is so damns hocking considering that theres now great origional content on there, so heres a thread to recommend some of your favourites.

heres my top 3 right now

Braid - at 15 bucks or...well i dont know what the hell 1200 ms pts are in pounds its steep but very worth it, think portal, its short but whats in there is more character and finesse than any current fps or something and the watercolor plat-forming with unlimited time controls and a whistle whilst you play soundtrack just had me loving this game, if you haven't got it yet, buy it, you most certainly wont regret it.

Triggerheart Excelia - at 800 pts you get a weird, easier version of ikaruga with crappier graphics, weird anime girls who are part jet plane or some other ****ing crazy japanese fetish, no doubt, but at its core its a really fun top down arcade shooter that is a blast for the price

Finally N+ - if you dont own it, **** everything else, money for rent, food for your children, you need this game, its so hard, but in the good "o-u-mutha****a IT.I.S.ON." way that most old school arcade fans love, cant remember the price but its worth the price of a full retail game regardless.

SymphonicX
27-Aug-2008, 06:39 PM
Geometry Wars 2 Evolved - AMAZING!!!!

Danny
27-Aug-2008, 06:58 PM
**** yes it is.

-next.:lol:

CoinReturn
27-Aug-2008, 06:59 PM
Geometry Wars Evolved 2 - I can't praise this game enough. Easily the best "two-stick" shooter ever made. Also one of the most addicting games ever.

Rez HD - A fantastic update to a PS2 classic. Probably not for everyone, as it's more of an experience rather than a game.

Castle Crashers - Just amazing in every respect. My favorite XBLA game to date.

mista_mo
27-Aug-2008, 07:21 PM
Just get doom. I love that game so much...

they really need to release doom 2 on arcade.

slickwilly13
27-Aug-2008, 07:54 PM
Galaga Legions is not bad. Bionic Commando: Rearmed is an awesome remake. I haven't downloaded the demo for Castle Crasher, yet. Braid is not for me. TMNT is worth it if you are into old school beat'em up.

SymphonicX
27-Aug-2008, 08:52 PM
oh Streets of Rage 2 is on there...the best game ever made....

Andy
27-Aug-2008, 09:00 PM
I Dont really get alot off the live arcade tbh, ive got sonic the hedgehog and smash TV, and bomberman.. i think thats it..

MikePizzoff
27-Aug-2008, 09:19 PM
BC: Rearmed is my most recent purchase. I think the game rules ultra hard. Not only do you get a remake of the original game, but you also get this whole side-game that's like the Metal Gear Solid VR missions meets N+, sorta... which, alone, is worth the 800 points.

Also, yes, N+ is a must-own.

Castlevania is probably my favorite XBLA game EVER.

slickwilly13
27-Aug-2008, 09:35 PM
BC: Rearmed is my most recent purchase. I think the game rules ultra hard. Not only do you get a remake of the original game, but you also get this whole side-game that's like the Metal Gear Solid VR missions meets N+, sorta... which, alone, is worth the 800 points.

Also, yes, N+ is a must-own.

Castlevania is probably my favorite XBLA game EVER.

Let me know when you beat the end boss. *L* You'll see.

CoinReturn
27-Aug-2008, 11:28 PM
If you guys like Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT, you'll LOVE Castle Crashers. Honestly, it takes those games, and adds so many cool bells and whistles to the beat-em-up formula. At least download the demo.

SymphonicX
28-Aug-2008, 11:30 AM
If you guys like Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT, you'll LOVE Castle Crashers. Honestly, it takes those games, and adds so many cool bells and whistles to the beat-em-up formula. At least download the demo.

Cool, I'll give it a go.

SOR 2 is my favourite game of all time. The only game I used to play with my dad before he turned into a complete nutcase...

Danny
28-Aug-2008, 02:53 PM

i thought it was more golden axe meets gauntlet myself.

slickwilly13
28-Aug-2008, 03:07 PM
I have been testing out the Hori stick on certain games. For some reason Double Dragon was a trial version even though I bought the full game. I contacted MS about the matter. The stick works well with Galaga, Castle Crashers, and Pac-Man series. More updates ahead.

Bub666
28-Aug-2008, 11:50 PM
Geometry Wars 2 Evolved - AMAZING!!!!

I love Geometry Wars 2 Evolved.

slickwilly13
29-Aug-2008, 12:01 AM
I know this is a bit off topic, but I did not want to start a new thread. Anyone try out the demo of the new Star Wars game? Its ok. The camera controls need some work. I destroyed an AT-ST God of War style with a button pushing sequence after it was weakened.

Bub666
29-Aug-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah,I tried it out the other day.Not bad,needs some work.

kidgloves
30-Aug-2008, 06:23 PM
Pacman CE is suprisingly good if you like that style of retro gaming

Danny
15-Oct-2008, 01:10 AM
castle crashers.

megaman 9.

fable.

get all of these off arcade- NOW!

slickwilly13
16-Mar-2013, 02:37 PM
I found some interesting news this morning. Anyone else play these around +15 yrs ago?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dungeons-and-dragons-arcade-games-coming-to-xbla-psn-report-6405407

slickwilly13
23-Mar-2013, 03:24 AM
An update on the last post. The D & D collection will be called Chronicles of Mystara and will be available this summer for $15 or 1,200 M$ pts. Also, a remastered Duck Tales will be available this summer, too.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405781

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405793

slickwilly13
19-Jun-2013, 10:29 PM
I downloaded the D&D collection and it did not disappoint. There are two arcade games in one collection, which are re-mastered. Each game contains multiple paths to follow, so it has lots of replay value. This home port is also the first to allow four players, instead of two in the Saturn version. All stages are included, too, which was absent from the earlier home port. I recommend this to anyone, who likes Streets of Rage, Final Fight, or Golden Axe.