PDA

View Full Version : To Refuel or NOT to Refule?

darth los
28-Aug-2008, 06:05 PM
I was watching Day of the Dead the other day and in the begining of the film there's an interesting scenario. After they get back from yet another "field trip" The helicopter is running on empty. Right there a pivotal decision has to be made: To refuel now or wait until dark. I've always been a refuel now kinda guy.

John says, "gas up the machine, she's down to fumes". Sarah counters, "do it tonight when they can't see you".

Now, Sarah says, "the activity excites them, there are too many of them." I take her point. It's like dangling red meat in front of a lion. The shamblers are generally a weak bunch but as we all have seen when there's a potential meal right in front of them the get this burst of energy and appear quite strong. I guess she was wary of them busting through the gate but that could easily have happened anyway. I don't really see the downside of refueling.

We saw in Dawn that even though the ghouls couldn't see our heroes they were constantly clawing at the gates so they would be agitated regardless. Peter posits that they're after the place which i don't agree with. That might be true but it wasn't the reason that they were that active imo. When they first got there they ghouls were drawn there by something other than food ( the place ) as they appeared very calm going about their business. However, as soon as they were aware of there human presence inside they became riled up.

John says, " what good is it to leave the gas tank empty... what if we have to get out in a hurry"? Which is true. If they had to leave quickly as they did at the end they'd be, as Sarah put it, " sh8t out of luck" and almost were. I bet when they were making their run for it she was wishing she had let them refuel it. If you recall they weren't sure if it had gotten done and as we all know those soldiers weren't exactly the most responsible group around. :rolleyes:

So what do you guys think? Refuel now or later?

Mike70
28-Aug-2008, 06:37 PM
refuel. they know there is human carpaccio available at that location anyway. they just saw the helicopter land for fu*ks sake. they saw everyone get out, grab their stuff and head towards the ramp.

so how much more riled up could they get after that much activity anyway?

SRP76
28-Aug-2008, 06:49 PM
Definitely refuel then. Just don't let Miguel do it, because he's a world-class screwup. He'd probably dump water in the tank.

darth los
28-Aug-2008, 06:53 PM
Definitely refuel then. Just don't let Miguel do it, because he's a world-class screwup. He'd probably dump water in the tank.

I think we can all agree that whoever refuels should be smoking a joint while doing so as the soldiers they first met up with were.

sandrock74
28-Aug-2008, 07:15 PM
Refuel now of course. You don't have to be Mr. Spock to see the logic in that!

MikePizzoff
28-Aug-2008, 07:19 PM
Refuel now! You never know what could happen before nightfall. You might need to make a speedy escape before dusk even comes.

RustyHicks
28-Aug-2008, 07:30 PM
Refuel now, better to be safe than sorry,
as for Sarah saying do it at night so they
can't see you and get aggitated. Don't think
it mattered, night or day, they could smell their
pray I'm sure and the zombies seem to know that
if there are a few zombies banging to get into
some house, mall or underground facility, then
there must be food inside.
Their going to be aggitated anyways, refuel now

darth los
28-Aug-2008, 07:37 PM
So far there seems to be a consensus on the fuel now choice. It's puzzling because Sarah is a scientist. Why would she want to do that? Could it be over analyzing the sitation, as scientists are known to do? If anyone feels that refueling later is the better option, even if it's to play devil's advocate, i'd love to hear em' defend the position.

Mike70
28-Aug-2008, 07:59 PM
I think we can all agree that whoever refuel should be smoking a joint while doing so as the soldiers they first met up with were.

:lol:

that's a great one. aviation fuel, dope and flames usually go sooo well together.

i love it. given an accident their problem of where to go would be solved.

darth los
28-Aug-2008, 08:17 PM
And Frankenstein would have plenty of new Specimens to play with. Or atleast feed to Bub.

RustyHicks
28-Aug-2008, 08:26 PM
So far there seems to be a consensus on the fuel now choice. It's puzzling because Sarah is a scientist. Why would she want to do that? Could it be over analyzing the sitation, as scientists are known to do? If anyone feels that refueling later is the better option, even if it's to play devil's advocate, i'd love to hear em' defend the position.

How about just cause Sarah was being a B**ch
She told them not to fill the tanks because she wanted
to fill her head up on an ego trip.

Course little did she know the men were too
stoned to even realize what she was saying anyways.

I bet it was John who refueled the chopper,
he was probably saying to himself,
"Ain't no way am I getting stuck here man"

axlish
28-Aug-2008, 08:38 PM
Walk over to the fence with a spear, stab all of the zombies in the forehead, then refuel.

MaximusIncredulous
28-Aug-2008, 09:31 PM
Refuel, pronto. Cuts down on water condensing in the tank and refueling at night would mean using lights which would agitate the buttmunchers anyway, so refuel that bird.

It's very puzzling. She was a scientist but probably knew nothing about aviation, even at the theoretical level. I don't know where she came off ordering John not to refuel the chopper. That's like her telling the soldiers how to clean their guns.

Bub666
28-Aug-2008, 11:15 PM
They should've refueled right away.

sandrock74
29-Aug-2008, 01:11 AM
Maybe they were just being nice "listening" to her. I always imagined one of them going right back out to refuel it shortly afterwards. I sure would have!

Bub666
29-Aug-2008, 03:10 AM
They should've just told her to shut up,and refuel anyways.

darth los
29-Aug-2008, 02:19 PM
Walk over to the fence with a spear, stab all of the zombies in the forehead, then refuel.

I always wondered why they never did that. It would thin the herd, without expending ammunition, which definitely would have been advantagous to them at the end of the film. It's not like the had anything better to do other than to make crude jokes and scheme on who was going to get to sleep with Sarah next.

Refuel, pronto. Cuts down on water condensing in the tank and refueling at night would mean using lights which would agitate the buttmunchers anyway, so refuel that bird.

It's very puzzling. She was a scientist but probably knew nothing about aviation, even at the theoretical level. I don't know where she came off ordering John not to refuel the chopper. That's like her telling the soldiers how to clean their guns.

That's a good point about the lights. She was the only woman around so i guess they didn't want to "hurt their chances". So they went with whatever crazy ideas she had. lol

I guess that's why Miguel was breaking down. He was like, " yeah i'm getting laid but it's not worth all her crap i have to listen to.":(

Trin
29-Aug-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's so clear cut. They said that the ranks of undead outside the fence were growing. We know (and they specifically said) that the zombies become more agitated with human activity. I also got the impression that they don't fly very often. When they landed they probably had the zombies more riled up than ever. I can see wanting to give the zombies a "cooling off" period before having more topside activity. I think we have to assume that if Sarah assessed the situation and thought there was a risk then there probably was one. Even if we don't agree as viewers.

I think it's clear, too, that Sarah was not viewing the 4-seat helicopter as an escape mechanism. There were over 10 people in the base. She was committed to her work. Her focus was totally fixed on the situation within the base. The thought of using the helicopter to leave would've been the last thing on her mind. That's in disagreement with John who was just as clearly already giving it some thought. When they had the discussion it was obvious she had never even considered it and was against the very notion.

So I think it was reasonable from Sarah's perspective. Not necessarily what I would've done, but reasonable.

Purely from an outsider's view, what's the cost of not refueling? You guys are acting like if the fence gets breached you run to the helicopter and fly away. Would you really? From a purely strategic position it's an inconvenience, not a cause to abandon the base. There was one way into the base - down the elevator. From the elevator there was one way into the caves. They were heavily armed and it was an easily defended setup. They could kill hundreds of zombies without serious risk. There's no way I'm abandoning the base just because zombies get in the fence. Why would I leave my food, medicine, ammo, fuel, electricity, radio equipment, etc. and my easily defended base with only what I could carry en route to destination unknown? Full gas tank or not that just doesn't make sense.

So if push comes to shove I'd keep it fueled and prepared. But if there was any risk in refueling it during the day I'd not take that risk. The rewards are too few. The helicopter is at the very end of my contigency plan and as such any risks associated with its readiness are not worth it.

Also, if they were worried about the zombies breaking down the fence simply during refueling then going "spear-fishing" for zombies would have been far more risky. I agree that would've been a good idea, but earlier on. The time to do that was past.

And anyone could refuel the heli by moonlight or with a hooded flashlight. That's not a holdup.

darth los
29-Aug-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't think it's so clear cut. They said that the ranks of undead outside the fence were growing. We know (and they specifically said) that the zombies become more agitated with human activity. I also got the impression that they don't fly very often. When they landed they probably had the zombies more riled up than ever. I can see wanting to give the zombies a "cooling off" period before having more topside activity. I think we have to assume that if Sarah assessed the situation and thought there was a risk then there probably was one. Even if we don't agree as viewers.

I think it's clear, too, that Sarah was not viewing the 4-seat helicopter as an escape mechanism. There were over 10 people in the base. She was committed to her work. Her focus was totally fixed on the situation within the base. The thought of using the helicopter to leave would've been the last thing on her mind. That's in disagreement with John who was just as clearly already giving it some thought. When they had the discussion it was obvious she had never even considered it and was against the very notion.

So I think it was reasonable from Sarah's perspective. Not necessarily what I would've done, but reasonable.

Purely from an outsider's view, what's the cost of not refueling? You guys are acting like if the fence gets breached you run to the helicopter and fly away. Would you really? From a purely strategic position it's an inconvenience, not a cause to abandon the base. There was one way into the base - down the elevator. From the elevator there was one way into the caves. They were heavily armed and it was an easily defended setup. They could kill hundreds of zombies without serious risk. There's no way I'm abandoning the base just because zombies get in the fence. Why would I leave my food, medicine, ammo, fuel, electricity, radio equipment, etc. and my easily defended base with only what I could carry en route to destination unknown? Full gas tank or not that just doesn't make sense.

So if push comes to shove I'd keep it fueled. But if there was any risk in refueling it during the day I'd not take that risk. The rewards are too few.

Also, if they were worried about the zombies breaking down the fence simply during refueling then going "spear-fishing" for zombies would have been far more risky. I agree that would've been a good idea, but earlier on. The time to do that was past.

And anyone could refuel the heli by moonlight or with a hooded flashlight. That's not a holdup.

First i'd like to make the point that there were atleast 2 ways into the base, Through the elevator and the missle silo that John, Sarah, And McDermot escaped through.

Second, there was no better illustration about the cost of not refueling than when they were making their break for it at the end and were praying that someone had remembered to fill the gas tank. If it wasn't they'd be zombie food. The possibility that they would have t leave unexpectedly was always there. Making a valid point, as Sarah did, and it being the best way to go are two different things. Everything that would have happened had the gas tank not been refueled would have happened regardless. The ghouls still would have been riled up and they would have been just as riled up at night with the lights on. The only difference is that they would have lost the ability to flee if, I don't know, say the ghouls somehow found their way into the bunker !! :stunned:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2008, 05:17 PM
Refuel now... Why wait?

John had a point. His point. Why wait?

However, here is what I don't get... The zombies in Day weren't strong enough to break down the fence but in LAND they knocked it down in seconds... WTF George?

Riddle me this bat people. What would Jesus have done? Let your grey matter fry on that ofr a few minutes.

Skippy911sc
29-Aug-2008, 05:31 PM
They were living in an underground...what looked like...bomb shelter. I don't think they were worried about the undead horde busting in...however they did need to be able to go topside. I would wait till later and refuel at that time...why chance the Z's ability to break down a chain link fence. Also sit back with a night scope and snipe them from afar at night would also be a good idea...you do realize that weed dulls the senses making them usually steady shooters... ;)

Mike70
29-Aug-2008, 05:48 PM
Riddle me this bat people. What would Jesus have done? Let your grey matter fry on that ofr a few minutes.

:lol:

blessed are the decomposed for they shall devour your toes.

blessed are the putrified for they just might inherit what's left of the earth.

Trin
29-Aug-2008, 08:11 PM
First i'd like to make the point that there were atleast 2 ways into the base, Through the elevator and the missle silo that John, Sarah, And McDermot escaped through.Irrelevant. That led into an area already filled with angry zombies where they were well equipped to handle them. Let 1000 zombies come in that way. They could eliminate them easily.

Second, there was no better illustration about the cost of not refueling than when they were making their break for it at the end and were praying that someone had remembered to fill the gas tank. If it wasn't they'd be zombie food. The possibility that they would have t leave unexpectedly was always there. Making a valid point, as Sarah did, and it being the best way to go are two different things. Everything that would have happened had the gas tank not been refueled would have happened regardless. The ghouls still would have been riled up and they would have been just as riled up at night with the lights on. The only difference is that they would have lost the ability to flee if, I don't know, say the ghouls somehow found their way into the bunker !! :stunned:Half your argument is based on knowing what happened and planning for it in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yes, if you assume that you need to be prepared for Logan to be feeding the zombies dead army guys, the military to go ape sh*t, Miguel to go open the gates, and for you to be thrown in the zombie pen with an up-until-now unknown surface exit through a missile silo that leads you unaccosted to the helicopter - then yes, it is CRITICAL that you keep the helicopter fueled. And the keys in it, btw.

The other half of your argument (and most everyone else's) assumes Sarah was wrong. What if she wasn't? She was as close to an expert on zombie behavior as anyone could hope to be. What if the guy had refueled the heli and as a result the zombies toppled the fence right then? A good half of them would get eaten (as soldiers can't tend to successfully run from zombies in GAR flicks). The rest would end up trapped underground. In retrospect it would seem pretty stupid not to have waited.

In Land the zombies toppled the fence because they were angry and motivated. Exactly what Sarah was worried about.

MaximusIncredulous
29-Aug-2008, 08:41 PM
What if the guy had refueled the heli and as a result the zombies toppled the fence right then?

If that's the case, they shouldn't have bothered with flight operations all together. The noise from the heli's engine and rotor system would be enough to spur on a zombie cavalry charge.

SRP76
29-Aug-2008, 09:40 PM
What if the guy had refueled the heli and as a result the zombies toppled the fence right then? A good half of them would get eaten

More than half of them got eaten anyway. If they had toppled the fence, they pile into the helicopter and run away. If they hadn't toppled the fence at that point, everyone still would have died.

Doc
29-Aug-2008, 10:11 PM
In Land the zombies toppled the fence because they were angry and motivated. Exactly what Sarah was worried about.

I haven't seen Land in awhile but, wasn't the fence already falling apart?

SRP76
29-Aug-2008, 10:24 PM
I haven't seen Land in awhile but, wasn't the fence already falling apart?

No. It was just a tall chainlink fence, and the zombies simply marched straight through it.

Legion2213
30-Aug-2008, 11:12 AM
They should've just told her to shut up,and refuel anyways.

Yep, if you have a few hundred "hungry hungry zombies" at the door, a fully refueled helicopter is a vital piece of survival equipment. Not refueling it is pure stupidity, and as others have said, the zeds knew they were there anyways, zombies always know when food is around.:)

jim102016
31-Aug-2008, 06:37 AM
Irrelevant. That led into an area already filled with angry zombies where they were well equipped to handle them. Let 1000 zombies come in that way. They could eliminate them easily.

Half your argument is based on knowing what happened and planning for it in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yes, if you assume that you need to be prepared for Logan to be feeding the zombies dead army guys, the military to go ape sh*t, Miguel to go open the gates, and for you to be thrown in the zombie pen with an up-until-now unknown surface exit through a missile silo that leads you unaccosted to the helicopter - then yes, it is CRITICAL that you keep the helicopter fueled. And the keys in it, btw.

The other half of your argument (and most everyone else's) assumes Sarah was wrong. What if she wasn't? She was as close to an expert on zombie behavior as anyone could hope to be. What if the guy had refueled the heli and as a result the zombies toppled the fence right then? A good half of them would get eaten (as soldiers can't tend to successfully run from zombies in GAR flicks). The rest would end up trapped underground. In retrospect it would seem pretty stupid not to have waited.

No, the dead in Land knocked down the motor pool fence because they were led by a "first class" commanding officer like Big Daddy. Left alone to their own pursuits, the group would have continued to pick their individual asses back in the original areas they were recruited from.

Are you saying the remaining 12 could have easily eliminated 1000 dead-heads, had they managed to breach the security of the complex in Day'? How exactly would members of the group do that without getting overwhelmed? The only high ground in the bunker were the roofs of the campers/RVs rotting away in storage. Ammunition was low, I'll bet they didn't have a thousand rounds of ammunition between them. The brief glimpse we're given of their armory didn't look promising. How much prep time would the soldiers have if the dead just started unexpectedly pouring through one or both of the entrances?

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2008, 06:48 AM
I would refuel right then. I believe it is always best to be well prepared in advance.

sandrock74
01-Sep-2008, 12:42 AM
You know, I just thought of something. Bear with me for a minute as I think this out.
Killing the zombies outside of the fence would be a good idea I think. It would keep the fence (relatively) zombie free and would suffer less stress. How they would dispose of the zombies doesn't matter...use guns, stab them in the head, burn them, whatever.
Someone will need to go outside the fence to dispose of the bodies! Think about it: enough bodies will pile up, which will give newly arriving zombies and/or zombies who hung around the rear something to climb on to aid them in getting over the fence! It would be a HUGE tactical error leaving the zombie bodies outside to stack up.
Who do you think would have volunteered to go outside the fence on body disposal detail?

Bub666
01-Sep-2008, 12:57 AM
Who do you think would have volunteered to go outside the fence on body disposal detail?

I know I wouldn't volunteer for that.

SRP76
01-Sep-2008, 01:14 AM
You know, I just thought of something. Bear with me for a minute as I think this out.
Killing the zombies outside of the fence would be a good idea I think. It would keep the fence (relatively) zombie free and would suffer less stress. How they would dispose of the zombies doesn't matter...use guns, stab them in the head, burn them, whatever.
Someone will need to go outside the fence to dispose of the bodies! Think about it: enough bodies will pile up, which will give newly arriving zombies and/or zombies who hung around the rear something to climb on to aid them in getting over the fence! It would be a HUGE tactical error leaving the zombie bodies outside to stack up.

There weren't that many to be able to stack up like that. And by the time enough new zombies arrived to try to build a ramp, the first kills would have rotted away.

MissJacksonCA
01-Sep-2008, 02:36 AM
Such an awesome question DLos. I totally would be refilling regardless of the number of zombies lurking about and no matter how hard they thrashed against the fences. They had soldiers and they had guns if things got too rowdy why not nob off a few to keep their numbers down. And even if they were going to refuel at night wouldn't they have some kind of light on? Wouldn't the light draw more attention to any area zombies around? I would think in the daytime it would be safer too because you can at least see what's out there.

jim102016
01-Sep-2008, 04:18 AM
Maybe they had night vision equipment, the technology has been around for quite a while. Still, the dead had good hearing. So, they're going to get riled up one way or another.

With "more and more of them" showing up every day, going out and shooting some would have been a waste of time. They were hopelessly short of manpower, motivation, and weaponry to do anything really effective. The time to have done that would have been at the begining.

sandrock74
01-Sep-2008, 05:55 AM
There weren't that many to be able to stack up like that. And by the time enough new zombies arrived to try to build a ramp, the first kills would have rotted away.

How is that? They said that more kept showing up everyday. Its takes a while for "normal" bodies to decompose...who knows how long it takes for a zombie to rot away?

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2008, 09:22 AM
I was watching Day of the Dead the other day and in the begining of the film there's an interesting scenario. After they get back from yet another "field trip" The helicopter is running on empty. Right there a pivotal decision has to be made: To refuel now or wait until dark. I've always been a refuel now kinda guy.

John says, "gas up the machine, she's down to fumes". Sarah counters, "do it tonight when they can't see you".

Now, Sarah says, "the activity excites them, there are too many of them." I take her point. It's like dangling red meat in front of a lion. The shamblers are generally a weak bunch but as we all have seen when there's a potential meal right in front of them the get this burst of energy and appear quite strong. I guess she was wary of them busting through the gate but that could easily have happened anyway. I don't really see the downside of refueling.

We saw in Dawn that even though the ghouls couldn't see our heroes they were constantly clawing at the gates so they would be agitated regardless. Peter posits that they're after the place which i don't agree with. That might be true but it wasn't the reason that they were that active imo. When they first got there they ghouls were drawn there by something other than food ( the place ) as they appeared very calm going about their business. However, as soon as they were aware of there human presence inside they became riled up.

John says, " what good is it to leave the gas tank empty... what if we have to get out in a hurry"? Which is true. If they had to leave quickly as they did at the end they'd be, as Sarah put it, " sh8t out of luck" and almost were. I bet when they were making their run for it she was wishing she had let them refuel it. If you recall they weren't sure if it had gotten done and as we all know those soldiers weren't exactly the most responsible group around. :rolleyes:

So what do you guys think? Refuel now or later?

Refuel now...definitely...it took Roger a couple of minutes in dawn? Couldn't take them a lot longer to refuel, I can't imagine it takes much longer than a car or truck...besides they were out there with machine guns and probably enough ammo to allow them to get back in safely and plot their escape through the missile silo then back to the chopper to get out of there, if they did break in whilst they were refueling. the advantages are either having fuel, or having no fuel and a huge risk of death....seems a bit overkill to me, but that's the effect Sarah and the scientists had on the military, they were more beaurocratic whilst the military were shoot first, ask questions later....

Mike70
01-Sep-2008, 02:34 PM
How is that? They said that more kept showing up everyday. Its takes a while for "normal" bodies to decompose...who knows how long it takes for a zombie to rot away?

i believe dr. logan had estimated that at about 10-12 years. i think he talks about how the rate of decomposition slows upon revival and that it would probably take over a decade before a reanimated corpse would be in a bad enough state that it would no longer be mobile.

Ivarr
01-Sep-2008, 04:02 PM
What I would have done?

Burn them off the fence....

throw moltoves or some white phospherous grenades ..... use the chooper to lead some away ..... (to the back behind the main group... not directly at the fence or beside it)

Light the swamp on fire ... who cares ... they should have had a killing field around the fince in any event ... and that would have been done before the crowd got to big.

If the fence was well built it should hold ... also most Military bases have double fences.... I understand that this was not a military base... but they had time to get them there and equip them .... and honestly letting that many undead build up around the fence was trouble waiting to happen.

Yojimbo
01-Sep-2008, 11:05 PM
What I would have done?

throw moltoves or some white phospherous grenades ..... use the chooper to lead some away ..... (to the back behind the main group... not directly at the fence or beside it)

Light the swamp on fire ... who cares ... they should have had a killing field around the fince in any event ... and that would have been done before the crowd got to big.

If the fence was well built it should hold ... also most Military bases have double fences.... I understand that this was not a military base... but they had time to get them there and equip them .... and honestly letting that many undead build up around the fence was trouble waiting to happen.

Dude, I would hope that a missle silo would have at least the same precautions, if not more than a millitary base!

jim102016
01-Sep-2008, 11:19 PM
What I would have done?

Most U.S. military bases do not have double fences, in the moderately secured areas at least. I remember seeing the remnants of a U.S. weapons storage facility in Germany. It had double fences, guard towers, etc. This movie wasn't going for military accuracy; they couldn't even get the uniforms correct! This former missile silo had the security necessary for its mission before the dead starting rising....a storage facility of low priority. It wasn't set up to repel or protect against hordes of walking dead.

Throwing Molotov cocktails over the fence would create a stampede, as would lighting some sort of fuel in the swamp. White phosphorus grenades could end up burning the fence down.

Good point, the group (or at least the soldiers) should have started making preparations as soon as they arrived. Maybe they could have borrowed a large bulldozer before it was too late to go out foraging into the local areas. Parked next to the fence, someone could have driven it around the perimeter of the complex every so often to thin the ranks.

bd2999
03-Sep-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the not refueling part was pretty dumb. As I recall the one guy was out there anyway so why not? If they are going to get through they are going to get through. Best to have fuel in the tank to take off again. Put something off and it might not get done at all.

darth los
03-Sep-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the not refueling part was pretty dumb. As I recall the one guy was out there anyway so why not? If they are going to get through they are going to get through. Best to have fuel in the tank to take off again. Put something off and it might not get done at all.

As the situation began to look more dire there should have been protocols in place in case of a rapid evac scenario. Perhaps they felt that their bunker was impenatrable and became complacent. In any case it was evident from the way Rhodes and his men reacted to the zombie swarm that they had absolutley no idea what to do. They splintered off and got killed because of it.

bassman
03-Sep-2008, 01:55 PM
If not go out and kill off the dead at the fence, why not build a wall between the chopper/lift and the zombies at the gate so they couldn't see? Maybe then they wouldn't get as agitated. Or just build a tall brick wall all the way around the fence....

sandrock74
03-Sep-2008, 02:46 PM
If not go out and kill off the dead at the fence, why not build a wall between the chopper/lift and the zombies at the gate so they couldn't see? Maybe then they wouldn't get as agitated. Or just build a tall brick wall all the way around the fence....

Youd need supplies for that (bricks and mortar) that they probably didn't have. A nice brick wall wouldn't be a bad idea overall thou.

bassman
03-Sep-2008, 02:53 PM
True, but they could easily come up with something. They've got the transportation to go get the supplies, the man power, and god only knows what all they could find in that cave.:stunned:

Wyldwraith
03-Sep-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, but that wasn't going to happen.

Of course refueling their one possible means of escape immediately would've been the right thing to do. Not doing it was in keeping with GAR's oh-so-tired device of providing all the openings for zombie incursions/attacks via human stupidity, complacency, or other human failing.

If you can't tell, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not sure if GAR is even *capable* of coming up with a plot line where things go wrong/the zombies prevail through any means aside from failures/flaws of the survivors.

That's a rant for another thread though. All I can say is that if I had nothing but a chain-link fence holding back the zombie horde surrounding my (as far as I know) exit-less bunker, there's no way on God's green Earth I'd tolerate leaving the chopper on fumes.

darth los
03-Sep-2008, 06:58 PM
Youd need supplies for that (bricks and mortar) that they probably didn't have. A nice brick wall wouldn't be a bad idea overall thou.

Yes, but that wasn't going to happen.

Of course refueling their one possible means of escape immediately would've been the right thing to do. Not doing it was in keeping with GAR's oh-so-tired device of providing all the openings for zombie incursions/attacks via human stupidity, complacency, or other human failing.

If you can't tell, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not sure if GAR is even *capable* of coming up with a plot line where things go wrong/the zombies prevail through any means aside from failures/flaws of the survivors.

That's a rant for another thread though. All I can say is that if I had nothing but a chain-link fence holding back the zombie horde surrounding my (as far as I know) exit-less bunker, there's no way on God's green Earth I'd tolerate leaving the chopper on fumes.

That's a very good idea for a thread. You should start it. I don't want to steal your idea but i'd love to post my thoughts on that.