PDA

View Full Version : RZ's Halloween gets a sequel

capncnut
29-Aug-2008, 04:05 AM
It was reported in June that a sequel to Rob Zombie's Halloween might be a possibility and now it seems as good as real. French duo Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Muary are officially tackling the project and have just reported so in Rue Morgue magazine.

"...it's a proposition we couldn't refuse,” Maury explained and added that he and Bustillo are well aware of Zombie's re-imagining of Michael Myers and they're out to put their stamp on the character, not copy what came before them. "Therefore, our vision will be done with utmost respect, with a continuity of [Zombie's] work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13425) for article.

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:40 AM
LAME.

I dug RZ's take, even if the second half was iffy, but with Myer's blasted to kingdom come, LEAVE IT F*CKING ALONE! :rolleyes:

bassman
29-Aug-2008, 12:14 PM
So they're going to make 1.6 million sequels to this one just like the original, huh? Suprise, suprise.

Hopefully they'll treat it with care. I enjoyed Zombie's remake more than the original, so hopefully the sequel will follow.

Mike70
29-Aug-2008, 12:16 PM
LAME.

I dug RZ's take, even if the second half was iffy, but with Myer's blasted to kingdom come, LEAVE IT F*CKING ALONE! :rolleyes:

i'll see your lame and raise you an UBER LAME.

jesus h. christ in a chariot driven sidecar does every movie that makes at least $2.99 in profit have to have a sequel???

bassman
29-Aug-2008, 12:27 PM
jesus h. christ in a chariot driven sidecar does every movie that makes at least $2.99 in profit have to have a sequel???

That's simple. Yeah.:lol:

Mike70
29-Aug-2008, 12:36 PM
That's simple. Yeah.:lol:

it's a sad state of affairs though. it seems that hit movies that aren't sequelized are getting to be the minority.

bassman
29-Aug-2008, 12:41 PM
it's a sad state of affairs though. it seems that hit movies that aren't sequelized are getting to be the minority.

I'm surprised they never tried to make a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.....

7iOuYkbrx4w&hl=en&fs=1

Mike70
29-Aug-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised they never tried to make a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.....

7iOuYkbrx4w&hl=en&fs=1

:lol:

titanic 2: electric bugaloo. set in 1984 on a cruise that also happens to be a break dancing competition. will our underdogs rise above and out dance their foes before the iceberg (that won't show up on radar) dooms them all to davy jones?

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2008, 02:51 PM
RZ's version sucked, there is no need for a sequel. Leave Michael Meyers alone.

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 04:52 PM
Mind you - gash sequels ... better than gash remakes?

Which is the lesser evil? :rockbrow:

Skippy911sc
29-Aug-2008, 05:41 PM
If done, I hope they have childrens Halloween masks that shoot lasers if the little kiddies watch a certain tv commercial...oh and then for some reason insects come crawling out... ;):hyper::annoyed:

RustyHicks
29-Aug-2008, 06:06 PM
All I can say is....Here we go again...
I think Hollywood has gone brain dead
with all these remakes and sequels

Bub666
29-Aug-2008, 06:57 PM
The only thing worse then a remake,is a sequel to a remake.

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:21 PM
The only thing worse then a remake,is a sequel to a remake.
Hills Have Eyes II is a prime example of that.

I really liked the Aja remake of the first movie, but the sequel to Aja's was ABSOLUTE PISH OF THE LOWEST ORDER.

TOTAL SH*TE.

Bub666
30-Aug-2008, 03:12 AM
Hills Have Eyes II is a prime example of that.

I really liked the Aja remake of the first movie, but the sequel to Aja's was ABSOLUTE PISH OF THE LOWEST ORDER.

TOTAL SH*TE.

I agree,Hills Have Eyes II was crap.

ProfessorChaos
31-Aug-2008, 03:33 PM
if rz had remade halloween 1 & 2 into one giant film, it'd have been awesome...but this doesn't seem like such a good idea.

Bub666
31-Aug-2008, 04:12 PM
if rz had remade halloween 1 & 2 into one giant film, it'd have been awesome

I agree,thats what they should have done.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2008, 04:51 PM
Still, my question is why do we need another? I mean seriously RZ's version was mediocre, and a waste of 2 hours. Please do not subject to more of this remake torture. They are destroying all the classics.

EvilNed
31-Aug-2008, 09:46 PM
So don't watch it. I'm sure I'll pick it up for rentals one time or another.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh trust me ned, I most likely won't. Not unless it gets some kind of stellar feedback.

EvilNed
31-Aug-2008, 10:13 PM
Then no need to waste any energy on it. Myself? I encourage crappy filmmaking, because you never know when it'll turn out to actually be good, and myself I do enjoy completely brainless films from time to time. The worst possible scenario possible is that I watch it and don't like it. And most likely, I won't even watch it. So I don't care if they are gonna make another one or not.

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey, does this mean Rob will do a remake of part 3? *L*

Bub666
01-Sep-2008, 12:08 AM
Hey, does this mean Rob will do a remake of part 3? *L*

Don't say that,they might just do that.