PDA

View Full Version : 'Crank: High Voltage' - Can't wait :)

Neil
29-Aug-2008, 08:02 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/reviews/3291/_12199854317137.jpg

The first one eas utterly daft, but great :)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Look-At-Jason-Statham-s-Second-Crank-9989.html

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:42 AM
Agreed, it was completely daft and OTT, but that was the point. It was a good slab of fun lobbed at your face ... can't remember too much of it now, but it was a good bit of fun.

Bub666
29-Aug-2008, 07:20 PM
Wait a minute,I thought he died at the end of the first movie.

Neil
29-Aug-2008, 08:01 PM
Wait a minute,I thought he died at the end of the first movie.

Details... Details... Details...

AcesandEights
29-Aug-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, the first one was stupid but fun, so I'd be up for a stupid but fun sequel.

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:11 PM
Indeed Neil, details schmetails.

At the end though, he blinked as if still alive. :p

A really enjoyable, fun, daft flick...I mean this is the movie where he had to raise his heart-rate by humping his girlfriend in public in front of a bunch of Asian tourists. :lol:

It's like Shoot 'Em Up - just absolute fun drenched in adrenaline, and it knows what it is, doesn't pretend to be anything more, and simply exists to entertain us and that's all it's happy to do.

Neil
29-Aug-2008, 10:19 PM
Indeed Neil, details schmetails.

At the end though, he blinked as if still alive. :p

A really enjoyable, fun, daft flick...I mean this is the movie where he had to raise his heart-rate by humping his girlfriend in public in front of a bunch of Asian tourists. :lol:

It's like Shoot 'Em Up - just absolute fun drenched in adrenaline, and it knows what it is, doesn't pretend to be anything more, and simply exists to entertain us and that's all it's happy to do.

I really didn't like Shoot 'Em Up that much... :confused:

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:20 PM
I really didn't like Shoot 'Em Up that much... :confused:
You spoodge over Crank, but you don't dig Shoot 'Em Up? :rolleyes:

You're a weird one you are, Neil...rate odd. :p

Neil
29-Aug-2008, 10:29 PM
You spoodge over Crank, but you don't dig Shoot 'Em Up? :rolleyes:

You're a weird one you are, Neil...rate odd. :p

I know... For some reason it just didn't sit right with me... Maybe I was in the wrong mood or something :)

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:38 PM
I know... For some reason it just didn't sit right with me... Maybe I was in the wrong mood or something :)
:rolleyes:

You are your moods ... pfft ... :D

So shagging to up your heart rate so you don't die, that's okay ... but shagging during an awesome gunfight, that's not okay? :p Come on, how can you not love that?

And he eats carrots all the time, he's got a character quip! :)

And it's Clive Owen, the dude's awesome. :cool:

MoonSylver
29-Aug-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll second the "Shoot 'Em Up" love. Never saw "Crank". Looked too over the top AND seemed to take itself seriously. Part of the charm of "Shoot "em Up" for me is that we KNOW it's supposed to be over the top & doesn't take itself seriously. It ALMOST crosses the line into parody, but stops short enough that it isn't jokey.
---MS

Neil
30-Aug-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll second the "Shoot 'Em Up" love. Never saw "Crank". Looked too over the top AND seemed to take itself seriously. Part of the charm of "Shoot "em Up" for me is that we KNOW it's supposed to be over the top & doesn't take itself seriously. It ALMOST crosses the line into parody, but stops short enough that it isn't jokey.
---MS

If you liked 'Shoot Em Up' then you HAVE TO watch Crank! It's the law!