PDA

View Full Version : Be Kind Rewind

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2008, 10:42 PM
This movie is funny, not what I expected, but still enjoyable

Anyone else seen it?

bassman
30-Aug-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I really liked it. It didn't hurt that Ghostbusters was the longest "Sweded" segment.:D

I still think that Mos Def is one of the very few rappers that actually has a good career in acting ahead of him...

Yojimbo
30-Aug-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree, not what I expected at all. Enjoyable film with a euro-indy feel.

PJoseph
31-Aug-2008, 01:15 AM
I was actually quite disappointed with the film. It's start off with some bad comedy and then tries to turn into a really heartfelt story of people coming together through their love of film - which I thought was great - however, the end of the film was not deserved enough because of the front half.

However, I did find the "sweded" movies to be quite clever - but sadly, that didn't carry enough.

As usual in Gondry's films, it did have some AMAZING music - which I downloaded.

I wanted to like the movie more.

pJ

darth los
31-Aug-2008, 01:22 AM
I still think that Mos Def is one of the very few rappers that actually has a good career in acting ahead of him...

He is also one of the best rappers out there. Some of the best are those most people have probably never heard of. It's too bad that he goes under the radar because he's not as marketable and doesn't play to the lowest common denominator as others do. Good talent.

bassman
31-Aug-2008, 01:27 AM
He is also one of the best rappers out there. Some of the best are those most people have probably never heard of. It's too bad that he goes under the radar because he's not as marketable and doesn't play to the lowest common denominator as others do. Good talent.

I'm not much of a rap person really. I just know of his rap and have heard a few things that weren't too bad. But of his acting, I'm quite impressed.

From Monster's Ball, Hitchhikers Guide, Chappelle's show, 16 Blocks, and Be Kind Rewind, I can tell that he DEFINITELY has some comedic chops and most likely the chops to be an actor of genres...

darth los
31-Aug-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm not much of a rap person really. I just know of his rap and have heard a few things that weren't too bad. But of his acting, I'm quite impressed.

From Monster's Ball, Hitchhikers Guide, Chappelle's show, 16 Blocks, and Be Kind Rewind, I can tell that he DEFINITELY has some comedic chops and most likely the chops to be an actor of genres...

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Mark Walhberg is another example of music artists who are also good actors.

Wahsleety
31-Aug-2008, 01:35 AM
Did not like this one very much, I laughed a few times, but some of the acting was quite pitiful.

Bub666
31-Aug-2008, 02:46 AM
I didn't like this movie at all.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2008, 11:54 AM
I guess as a filmmaker myself I can appreciate the film a tad. It has problems, and one too many plots. What I thought would be a movie about making sweded videos, turned into a movie abount a community embracing a false history.

It was marketed as one thing, but was another thing all together. I still enjoyed it somewhat.

I did enjoy how when Jack Black was magnetized everytime he walked by the principal filming movie camera it would get all wiggy.

clanglee
18-Sep-2008, 09:55 AM
I REALLY disliked this movie. It never got itself together and never could figure out what the hell it wanted to be about. It was so unorganized that the whole movie just seemed like bad inprovisation. One of the worst movies I've seen in years.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey Clang, did you care for the directors previos film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

I have notice people who are a fan of that tend to hate Be Kind Rewind, so I figured I would ask.

Bub666
18-Sep-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Clang, did you care for the directors previos film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Now that was a really good movie.

clanglee
18-Sep-2008, 08:16 PM

I have notice people who are a fan of that tend to hate Be Kind Rewind, so I figured I would ask.

As a matter of fact yes I love Eternal Sunshine. I didn't know it was the same director until after I saw Be Kind tho.