PDA

View Full Version : Things you learned from Movies

Yojimbo
31-Aug-2008, 10:29 PM
NOTE: The following is something that I ran across on the web. I found this to be quite funny, so I am sharing it with you all. I did not come up with this, though many of these things I myself (as likely many of you have) thought of at one time or another. Perhaps you might have one to add?

THINGS YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW WITHOUT THE MOVIES:

During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.

Most dogs are immortal.

If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade - at any time of the year.

All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets which reach up to the armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.

It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.

The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place.
No-one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.

If you need to reload your gun, you will always have more ammunition, even if you haven't been carrying any before now.

You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make
the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not
be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

If your town is threatened by an imminent natural disaster or killer
beast, the mayor's first concern will be the tourist trade or his
forthcoming art exhibition.

The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.

A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.

The Chief of Police is always black.

When paying for a taxi, don't look at your wallet as you take out a
bill - just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.

Interbreeding is genetically possible with any creature from elsewhere in the universe.

Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.

If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say: Enter Password Now.

Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning even though their husband and children never have time to eat it.

Cars that crash will almost always burst into flames.

The Chief of Police will always suspend his star detective - or give
him 48 hours to finish the job.

A single match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of RFK
Stadium.

Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.

Although in the 20th century it is possible to fire weapons at an
object out of our visual range, people of the 23rd century will have lost this technology.

Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant.

It is not necessary to say hello or goodbye when beginning or ending phone conversations.

Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to
turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.

All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red
readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are
visiting.

A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.

Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the
communication systems of any invading alien civilization.

It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.

No-one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic
eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.

Police Departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.

When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.

Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds -unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.

An electric fence, powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no
lasting damage to an eight year old child.

Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you
personally at that precise moment.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2008, 10:34 PM
I now feel I edumacated.

I have attained my B.A. in BS.

Chic Freak
01-Sep-2008, 12:06 AM
Grocery bags also contain a bunch of celery. And are made of brown paper.

Men often wear orange lipstick.

Women always wear matching bra sets.

Women can style their hair in advance during even the most stressful situations (see the French plait in Blair Witch... really put me off the plot!!)

DjfunkmasterG
01-Sep-2008, 01:32 AM
Why would someone worry about a hair style in a horror film? I would be more concerned with saving my ass, not how I look.

Chic Freak
01-Sep-2008, 03:03 AM
Why would someone worry about a hair style in a horror film? I would be more concerned with saving my ass, not how I look.

Well, exactly.That's why it put me off.

Mike70
01-Sep-2008, 02:44 PM
shotgun blasts always throw the person shot 25 feet backwards.

the final punch/kick thrown in a martial arts fight by the good guy will also send his opponent flying 25 or more feet backwards.

cars going over a cliff will often explode in mid air. i guess the gas tank gets nervous.

all police captains are crusty bastards that always have the commissioner coming down on them because of the antics of their detectives.

Legion2213
01-Sep-2008, 08:18 PM
Five Lessons Learned from Watching Die Hard

Some of us can't afford to go to college. We're not all a bunch of champagne-sipping, migrant-worker-hiring John D. Rockefellers. Those of us who may not necessarily be able to pay for things like schooling or clean pants receive our education from the School of Hard Dieing. We may not be able to cure cancer, or repair a spaceship or even read beyond Sunday school-level, but Professor John "Fvck You" McClane, in just four movies, has taught us all we need to know to succeed in life...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15042_five-lessons-learned-from-watching-die-hard.html

Yojimbo
01-Sep-2008, 09:06 PM
Five Lessons Learned from Watching Die Hard

Some of us can't afford to go to college. We're not all a bunch of champagne-sipping, migrant-worker-hiring John D. Rockefellers. Those of us who may not necessarily be able to pay for things like schooling or clean pants receive our education from the School of Hard Dieing. We may not be able to cure cancer, or repair a spaceship or even read beyond Sunday school-level, but Professor John "Fvck You" McClane, in just four movies, has taught us all we need to know to succeed in life...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15042_five-lessons-learned-from-watching-die-hard.html

Hilarious, and very true Legion!

Doc
02-Sep-2008, 02:02 AM
When falling from a building, instead of being traditionally paralyzed by fear, people will wave their arms around like idiots.

When getting undressed ALWAYS start with the shirt/top.

Every bomb has a way to deactivate it. Just as every secure room has a way inside that despite it's many safeguards doesn't have a camera.

Every poison has an antidote handy JUST IN TIME!

All letters, when read, will be mentally dictated in the EXACT VOICE of the writer.

Bomb disposal experts have a 50/50 chance of being right. One "maverick" cop's odds? 90/10 in their favor.

When falling from a building, instead of being traditionally paralyzed by fear, people will wave their arms around like idiots.

MoonSylver
03-Sep-2008, 05:32 AM
Whenever you discover blood you should stick your index finger in it, rub it between your finger & thumb, & hold it up to your nose to verify that, yep...it's blood.

MaximusIncredulous
03-Sep-2008, 06:25 AM
You can hear sounds in the vacuum of space.

Spaceships need to bank like airplanes in order to turn.

A silencer is actually useful for a revolver.

Revolvers have safeties.

DeadJonas190
03-Sep-2008, 06:58 AM
As long as nobody says anything about the goat path, 300 men can destroy an army of thousands.

When you wake up in the morning after long night of love making, your hair will always be perfect.

No matter how dirty or bloody you are, people will rarely question what happened.

Explosions in the vaccuume of space are still huge even though there is nothing to combust.

If your a kid you will always find a way to outsmart the adults and make them look dumb.

Wolfman has nards.

If your the underdog, you will always win no matter the odds.

No matter how much in love the girl is with her fiance, she will always realize he is the wrong guy when her best friend admits to being in love with her.

If you have sex while a killer is on the loose, your going to die.

Goonies never say "die"

Never let your Mogwai near bright light, never get it wet and most importantly, never feed it after midnight!

And one that I am very suprised is not up yet, always aim for the head.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Sep-2008, 11:08 AM
If 5 canisters have sat in the basement untouched for 14 years, and they just happen to contain dead bodies, I think its best to just leave them the hell alone.

Skippy911sc
03-Sep-2008, 02:17 PM
Goonies never say "die"

:lol::lol::lol:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Sep-2008, 06:08 PM
No Matter where you hide... the boogeyman will find you.

Doc
03-Sep-2008, 10:03 PM
All hillbillies are cannibals, rapists or psychopaths.

Sharks are capable of holding grudges.

Look everywhere but Coke and Pepsi are never displayed in the same shop.

Clowns are funny.

The future is REALLY gonna suck.

English is the official language of THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

DjfunkmasterG
03-Sep-2008, 11:34 PM
The joker is not really that funny, he is really a homicidal maniac that gets amused of the suffering he brings others.

Doc
04-Sep-2008, 01:39 AM
In the morning, your parents are always in the kitchen and will ask you if you're hungry or want some coffee. Your dad reads the newspaper as your mom makes pancakes.

Parents are oblivious to your troubles, and blame it all on "those scary movies", or "moving-in stress", or "puberty", no matter how much proof of a situation you have, they always stick with their accusations.

Someone thrown off an overpass always lands IN or ON a car.

Nerds always carry a huge stack of textbooks, even if nobody else is seen carrying one.

When PERSON 1 is in peril, with the bad guy close at hand and holding a knife up to stab, a simple, "Stop right there!" by PERSON 2 will cause the killer to stop and turn around.

Drive-ins play movies from all time periods simultaneously.

SRP76
04-Sep-2008, 02:47 AM
As long as you're an asshole criminal, you can take a direct blow to the face with a sledgehammer swung in full baseball bat-style and keep attacking the poor frightened woman, even though such a blow would insta-kill any other human being on Earth.

Bad guys will always, without fail, find a way to corner you, rough you up, and threaten your family (since they already have them, no matter what you do or where they happened to be).

You probably shouldn't f*ck with the little Okinawan guy and his bonsai.

All adults suck and "just don't understand", because teenagers are the only people that know how the world works.

Even if you wanted to close the beaches, you'll get blamed for the kid getting eaten by the shark, just because you've got a badge.

Any black man convicted of a crime is automatically innocent; it's just the system keeping him down (except Morgan Freeman, he was the only guilty man in Shawshank).

Despite the time portal being destroyed, Skynet can keep sending more and more advanced Terminators into the past from further and further in the future.

DeadJonas190
04-Sep-2008, 07:34 AM
Some more learnings from movies

If it's a Stephen King movie, it will most likely end with fire and or an explosion.

The woman who is infertile, will always become pregnant by movies end or sometimes during the opening credits.

A radioactive spider will give you super powers.

If a guy in a clown suit gives you a map to a hanging tree, it may no be a good idea to pick up hitchikers along the way, no matter how hot they may be.

Never take the shortcut through the woods

If your going to Amsterdam to chase the girl of your dreams, do not bring an electric bong on the plane, it can only lead to problems.

If an old wizard asks you which finger has the most power, always pick your own.

Never cross the beams.

Nicholas Angel had never fired two guns whilst jumping through the air until he was transfered to a small town.

thats all for tonight.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Sep-2008, 12:11 PM
Propane tanks make great bombs when shot at with high power rifles.

Parking shuttles can be transformed into tough and secure people movers during an undead apocalypse.

A good cure for boredom when stuck in amall surround by zombies is to try on womans clothing and shoes.

Virgins always survive the most deadly of nights.

bassman
04-Sep-2008, 01:02 PM
All life as we know it stopping instaneously and every molecule in our bodies exploding at the speed of light is bad.

It's not who we are underneath, but what we do that defines us.

You never go full retard.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Only two things come from Texas - steers and queers.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f*cking khakis. You're the all singing and all dancing crap of the world.

Yojimbo
06-Sep-2008, 12:52 AM
You guys kill me. Too hilarious!

Khardis
06-Sep-2008, 01:08 AM
When you fall off of a building, any building you will land on a parked car.

girls with glasses, a pony tail and bad clothing, are always beautiful when you take off their glasses let their hair down and dress them up in time for prom.

After a cop shoots and kills a bad guy they will always spring back to life before being killed again.

when you have your throat cut, you die immediately, no choking.

acealive1
06-Sep-2008, 01:44 AM
when you go back in time, theres no paradox (end of the world) consequences for occupying the same space as your double........ok well timecop did right by it. but not any other movie.

Doc
06-Sep-2008, 03:13 AM
Policemen never believe the hero/heroine until it's too late.

Policemen usually come in pairs of two: one fat, one thin.

All therapists are german or balding, and always flakey.

wayzim
08-Sep-2008, 01:15 AM
Just saw this groaner tonight, blows much, not even close to the original, let's put this franchise out of it's misery.

John McClanes life lessons.

There aren't any Euro Trash Terrorists, Ex-Military Psychos, Brothers of ETT's, or Disgruntled Uber Hackers who don't have a personal grudge against you.

If you have a super hot daughter (to replace the wife you dropped two films previous ) give the geeks a glimpse and then hide her away for the rest of the picture so they have to wait til the last fifteen minutes to get thier wack on.

All computer systems have open door policy through a single universal link with no firewalls, serious encryption, whatever, from The Pentagon to NSA, Wall Street, or Transit and Public Utilities.

The evil Uber Hacker is clean shaven while the Hacker Hero is shaggy and misunderstood. They are both equal in talent but if you're evil you get the hot ninja chick.

All henchmen have GPS assist, top of the line comm systems, and frigging armor piercing rounds but can't shoot through the back of a chair.

All people over thirty are immediately tech illiterate, all kids under thirty hate CCR (Fortunate Son Rules! )

When communicating with any Police or Military units, you needs no codes, no ID or protocal of any kind to call in a missle strike within a city zone.

You can easily kill a helicopter with a car.

Didn't we see this Big Brother crap done better in Enemy of The State?

Oh, A convincing video of the Capitol Dome blowing up can be hobbled together in seconds.

The hot ninja chick can survive getting run down by a car, why not a drop down an elevator shift?

Gruber from the classic Die Hard always did what he threatened, the other villains were pussies.

If you're trapped in an elevator always ask for proper ID, accept piece of crap badge.

Semi hauling trailer has great acceleration on city streets, especially those with normal traffic during a massive power failure.

VTOL jets can descend into really tight spaces, and didn't we see this crap in True Lies?

Hot daughter has more stones than the Hacker Hero, but she still hits like a girl.

It takes a couple rounds in each kneecap for a geek to grow a pair, and it gets the Hot Daughter ... uh, Hot.

Hacker Hero will be able to fire off a gun like a pro which will get the daughter even hotter.

Hacker Hero will always hint at wanting to bone your hot daughter, and you will keep the safety off on your gun, just in case

Lame references to the earlier films can't save Live Free, but Kevin Smith was funny, and I think I'll go watch Die Hard 1 and 2, back when it was cool.

CCR still rules! Or as John Lithgow said at the end of Twilight Zone: The Movie. "I love the Creed. " ( and he don't mean Creed. )

Wayne Z
"It won't do any good. You'll just have to kill me. "
"Ok. "
(Alan Rickman offing a Nakatome exec in the first Die Hard. )

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 01:57 AM
Yeah,Live Free or Die Hard was really horrible.