PDA

View Full Version : Conjoined twin zombies

hadrian0117
04-Sep-2008, 04:01 AM
Has anyone else wondered about how conjoined twins would be effected in a zombie outbreak? When one twin dies it's possible for the other to survive many hours (almost up to a day); more than enough time for the dead twin to revive. Using Romero's zombie conventions do you think that one twin could remain alive for several hours attached to a zombie? Naturaly the zombie twin would need to be muzzeled. Have any movies featured this? What about short stories?

sandrock74
04-Sep-2008, 02:30 PM
Whoa! I never would have thought of that, except in a crack induced nightmare. LOL
I thought if one twin dies, then the other would as well? Don't they share some of the same organs (depending on where they are joined). I believe gangerine sets in, so the living twin would be a zombie soon enough anyway.

Publius
04-Sep-2008, 02:53 PM
I thought if one twin dies, then the other would as well? Don't they share some of the same organs (depending on where they are joined). I believe gangerine sets in, so the living twin would be a zombie soon enough anyway.

True, but at least for a few hours it does seem like you would have a living person and a zombie sharing a conjoined body. I can't think of any reason that wouldn't happen, unless the live blood circulating through the dead twin (I think conjoined twins have to have some degree of interconnection of their circulatory systems) somehow prevents revival until both are dead.

darth los
04-Sep-2008, 04:09 PM
I think it's possible that the other can remain alive for a period of time. Being that it's very likely that they share one or more vital organs it shouldn't be too long though. I wonder how killing the infected one one change the timetable, if it would slow it up any. :confused:

Ov3rlord
04-Sep-2008, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't the non-bitten twin just get infected when the other one did maybe a bit slower. Like if your arm was bit you could chop it off and remain uninfected (referencing Day of course), since they are connected I would have to say as soon as one was bit then the other would shortly follow even if they were unbitten.

Neil
04-Sep-2008, 06:43 PM
Has anyone else wondered about how conjoined twins would be effected in a zombie outbreak? When one twin dies it's possible for the other to survive many hours (almost up to a day); more than enough time for the dead twin to revive. Using Romero's zombie conventions do you think that one twin could remain alive for several hours attached to a zombie? Naturaly the zombie twin would need to be muzzeled. Have any movies featured this? What about short stories?

I love it that there's always someone sick enough here to come up with crazy twisted s**t :)

darth los
04-Sep-2008, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't the non-bitten twin just get infected when the other one did maybe a bit slower. Like if your arm was bit you could chop it off and remain uninfected (referencing Day of course), since they are connected I would have to say as soon as one was bit then the other would shortly follow even if they were unbitten.

I think that's a given.

bassman
04-Sep-2008, 07:12 PM
I love it that there's always someone sick enough here to come up with crazy twisted s**t :)

:lol:

That was my first thought. I mean, jeez. Bored much?

Next its, "I wonder if people in a coma have the ability to become zombies. I mean...if they're already shut down, how would they come back?":p

sandrock74
04-Sep-2008, 07:18 PM

Next its, "I wonder if people in a coma have the ability to become zombies. I mean...if they're already shut down, how would they come back?":p

No, next it's "Can you become a zombie by having sex with a zombie chick, if she were tied and gagged first of course." LMAO!

bassman
04-Sep-2008, 07:20 PM
No, next it's "Can you become a zombie by having sex with a zombie chick, if she were tied and gagged first of course." LMAO!
I'm surprised ol' buddy in Dawn04 didn't try it.....

:eek:

After the whole baby thing, it really wouldn't have surprised me.

darth los
04-Sep-2008, 07:31 PM

We actually had a chat about that once. :lol:

The consensus was that you could get infected. What? Zombies need love too. How do you think # 9 got that hole in her face anyway?

Neil
04-Sep-2008, 07:39 PM

LMFAO! Comatosed zombies!! LOL! :lol::lol:

Hey! That's a good phrase! The only good zombie, is a comatosed zombie! :)

EvilNed
04-Sep-2008, 11:55 PM

What if the other twin died of natural causes?

Legion2213
04-Sep-2008, 11:57 PM

Word! :lol:

RustyHicks
04-Sep-2008, 11:59 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2008, 12:21 AM
I think that's a given.

Not necessarily. Only if you view the phenomenon as a result of infection. :)

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 01:13 AM

I agree.When the first twin dies,the second twin will die soon after.

Publius
06-Sep-2008, 12:29 PM
Not necessarily. Only if you view the phenomenon as a result of infection. :)

I think it's true whether the phenomenon is the result of an infection or not. As the original post noted, it is generally true that when one conjoined twin dies, the other may survive after but only for a matter of hours. That's in our world, not the Romero world. So the other twin will die shortly even in the absence of an infection, and thereafter revive.

Bub666
06-Sep-2008, 12:30 PM

Neil
06-Sep-2008, 12:33 PM

Hasn't that been covered in a story somewhere? Some guys trapping female zombies and 'making use of them'? Not sure if it was here, or in a book of short stories?

Bub666
06-Sep-2008, 12:37 PM
Hasn't that been covered in a story somewhere? Some guys trapping female zombies and 'making use of them'? Not sure if it was here, or in a book of short stories?

I know,it does sound kind of familiar.

Doc
06-Sep-2008, 01:46 PM

You mean this post?

Well, after the zombie apocalypse I plan to be the richest man alive. Ya see, I would go out hunting the hottest female zombies...you know the kind that Mr. Theopolis had in Fido. I would then cut off their head. Carefully pluck out their teeth with plyers with their hungry eyes staring at me, fill their mouths with petroleum jelly, and sell em to lonely survivors to have at it.

I plan on a deluxe model that has rubber dentures and comes with a commemorative leather bowling ball bag for storage.

I am going to be rich! :hyper:

:confused::eek::lol:

sandrock74
06-Sep-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh gross!!! Ewwww....who wants a BJ from a bodyless head?? Excuse me as I go vomit in the corner.

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 03:06 AM
Oh gross!!! Ewwww....who wants a BJ from a bodyless head?? Excuse me as I go vomit in the corner.

:hurl:

JasonEdw
08-Sep-2008, 05:06 AM
It's more common for conjoined twins to share a common circulatory system and heart (35% of conjoined twins are thoracopagus - joined at the thorax.)
In nearly all cases, the second twin will die soon after. Since the two twins nearly always share a circulatory system, the heart of the living twin continues to pump blood into the dead twin's body, which of course will pool there. So, unless there is something to stop this immediately, the second twin bleeds to death very soon after.

Shadowofthedead
09-Sep-2008, 09:24 PM
what if one twin bit the other after becoming a zombie... what if they are joined at the head? troublesome head shot i assume. ha in brian keene's city of the dead one of the doctors has sex with a zombie using a condom... but thats a whole nother world itself.

Bub666
09-Sep-2008, 09:29 PM
what if one twin bit the other after becoming a zombie... what if they are joined at the head?

I think it would be kind of hard for one twin to bite the other twin if they were joined at the head.

Shadowofthedead
09-Sep-2008, 09:35 PM
that was a seperate question all its own without the question mark... what if one zombified twin bit the living twin? is that better?