PDA

View Full Version : Dawn footage info appeal (footage not available in any cut?)

capncnut
04-Sep-2008, 07:43 PM
Just an appeal for information regarding some lost Dawn footage. Other than the three versions out there, I am of the understanding there is at least another 20-30 seconds out there. Be it commercial or documentary.

I know there's a few seconds in one of the Euro commercials (of the car exploding) and another few seconds in Document Of The Dead (during the housing project) but I'm certain it was said here that there was a little more.

Some dude who joined here (and a number of other forums) was making his own fancut of Dawn and said his was a good 40 seconds more than the one fancut we all know and love (155 min - often mistaken for 156 min). Any scene info would be of great help. :)

Edit: Found the guy's post.

Just to keep you all updated, I've finished the video editing, and now just need to work through cleaning up the audio. As it stands, my version comes in about 40 or so seconds longer than the german 'Ultimate Final Cut' DVD.
So?

Yojimbo
04-Sep-2008, 10:26 PM
Some dude who joined here (and a number of other forums) was making his own fancut of Dawn and said his was a good 40 seconds more than the one fancut we all know and love (155 min - often mistaken for 156 min). Any scene info would be of great help. :)

Yeah, I do remember that thread. What did happen to that? Now I want to know too!

RustyHicks
04-Sep-2008, 11:57 PM
Maybe the got too involved in the editing
and got himself lost in the tangle of films.

I have been wondering about that myself lately

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't mind watching his version of Dawn.

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 12:22 PM
His last forums activity was in January. :(

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 03:28 PM
Well hopefully when it's done he'll get back to us. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing.

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 10:40 PM
Well hopefully when it's done he'll get back to us. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing.

I e-mailed him this morning asking him to come back and update us. He accepted my request and has posted an update in the thread "Dawn Of The Dead Composite Edit".

capncnut
07-Sep-2008, 12:36 AM
And with a bit of luck, we can find out where the additional 40 seconds come from. :)

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 02:45 AM
And with a bit of luck, we can find out where the additional 40 seconds come from. :)

Yeah,I would like to know where it came from.