PDA

View Full Version : the prosecutor said what??

Mike70
05-Sep-2008, 03:34 PM
a little while ago, i posted a story about an attendant in the hamilton county morgue who had been charged with having sex with the body of a 19 year old murder victim. he pled no contest yesterday and at most faces 18 months in prison.

now while i don't think 18 months is long enough for having sex with the body of a murder victim, what the prosecutor had to say about the 18 month sentence was a bit out there:

Mark Piepmeier, the prosecuting attorney on the case says, "No, I mean the guy ought to be tortured and put to death, seriously. It's just such a horrific crime, but that's what the law is."

tortured and put to death? i'll say he needs to go to jail longer and get some serious psych help but i think this prosecutor went, uh, a bit overboard.

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/election/story.aspx?content_id=BFAA2914-9D70-4067-B28D-0703B080105B&gsa=true

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 03:37 PM
The prosecutor went overboard....but 18 months???? That's it????

:annoyed:

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 03:38 PM
a little while ago, i posted a story about an attendant in the hamilton county morgue who had been charged with having sex with the body of a 19 year old murder victim. he pled no contest yesterday and at most faces 18 months in prison.

now while i don't think 18 months is long enough for having sex with the body of a murder victim, what the prosecutor had to say about the 18 month sentence was a bit out there:

tortured and put to death? i'll say he needs to go to jail longer and get some serious psych help but i think this prosecutor went, uh, a bit overboard.

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/election/story.aspx?content_id=BFAA2914-9D70-4067-B28D-0703B080105B&gsa=true

While i think the act is disgusting who did it hurt other than people's sensibilities? The dude had his way with an inanimate object. So what. 18 months sounds harsh to me.

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 04:11 PM
The prosecutor is an idiot.

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical reactionary politics bleeding into the justice system, a sad state for the model of justice.

The guy needs psychological help, that's a given...it must be hard to be THAT ****ed up!

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2008, 04:27 PM
While I think prosecutors should be passionate about justice, I also think they need to be passionate about the law and the Bill of Rights.

His response was what I would expect of the victim's loved one's, which would be an understandable desire, given the emotional connection.

Also, 18 months is a crock!

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 04:51 PM
When someone has sick stuff like that in their head they can never really be cured. Their brains just work differently.

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2008, 05:18 PM
When someone has sick stuff like that in their head they can never really be cured. Their brains just work differently.

Proof?

DjfunkmasterG
05-Sep-2008, 05:22 PM
Look at me...

:D

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 05:24 PM
And if that's not incontravertable then i don't know what is. :cool:

major jay
05-Sep-2008, 05:25 PM
Yojimbo, have you ever been tempted?

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 05:26 PM
Look at me...

:lol:

There ya go. All the proof you need is right there in Mr. Clean's shiny dome...

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2008, 06:05 PM

And the world waits with baited breath...

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 06:07 PM
And the world waits with baited breath...

:lol::lol:

THIS IS AMERICA. PLEAD THE 5TH DUDE !!:lol:

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2008, 06:21 PM

There are things about human remains that most people do not take into consideration or have no idea about.

Major, without getting too specific or graphic, if you have seen the things that I have seen then this sort of weirdness would never, ever cross your mind. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it would take a very twisted and sick pervert to carry this out. Trust me on this, there are things that laypeople really do not want to know.

The funeral industry, in a large way, exists so that the bereaved do not have to deal with the reality of human remains.

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2008, 06:51 PM
Look at me...

Arghhh...my beautiful eyes!!

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2008, 06:52 PM
While i think the act is disgusting who did it hurt other than people's sensibilities? The dude had his way with an inanimate object. So what. 18 months sounds harsh to me.

The knowledge that their loved one's corpse was sexually violated would be extremely traumatic to the family of the deceased, and that trauma grossly outweighs a mere 18 months of jail time. The family will have to live with that trauma for the rest of their lives.

On the subject of jail: When the other prisoners find out what he has done, I venture to guess there will be a immediate "green light" on this freak, as the case would be if he was a conventional rapist or child molester.

If this guy had violated a pumpkin, or someone's sofa cushions, then that would be a different matter, albeit disturbing to be certain. But I cannot view a bereaved loved-one's remains as an inanimate object, and I propose that this guy's fellow inmates will not either.

There are all kinds of justice in this world, and this guy is going to get a strong measure of this before his sentence is through.

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 06:55 PM
There are things about human remains that most people do not take into consideration or have no idea about.

Major, without getting too specific or graphic, if you have seen the things that I have seen then this sort of weirdness would never, ever cross your mind. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it would take a very twisted and sick pervert to carry this out. Trust me on this, there are things that laypeople really do not want to know.

The funeral industry, in a large way, exists so that the bereaved do not have to deal with the reality of human remains.

Take all the fun out of it why don't you.

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2008, 06:59 PM
Take all the fun out of it why don't you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:Darth rules!

Mike70
05-Sep-2008, 07:23 PM
the thing that irritates me about what this attorney spouted off about is that it is rather inappropriate and unprofessional. he is a public and court servant. as such i don't think he should be questioning the decisions of the court (which, let's face it, can only give the guy the maximum sentence allowed under the law) he serves in such a manner.

if he had said, "i think the penalties for things like this ought to be drastically increased." i wouldn't have even posted this but what he said sounds more like one of those public sound byte thingys you see on the local news where they walk up to some dude and ask him what he thinks. it doesn't sound like something a deputy district attorney would or should say.

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 07:24 PM
the thing that irritates me about what this attorney spouted off about is that it is rather inappropriate and unprofessional. he is a public and court servant. as such i don't think he should be questioning the decisions of the court (which, let's face it, can only give the guy the maximum sentence allowed under the law) he serves in such a manner.

if he had said, "i think the penalties for things like this ought to be drastically increased." i wouldn't have even posted this but what he said sounds more like one of those public sound byte thingys you see on the local news where they walk up to some dude and ask him what he thinks. it doesn't sound like something a deputy district attorney would or should say.

Perhaps his constituents will take that into account in the next election cycle....But don't count on it.:rolleyes:

Yojimbo
05-Sep-2008, 07:36 PM

Completely in agreement. The prosecutor is a loudmouth idiot, and what he said is completely out of line. While on some level I agree with what he said, and I would understand how anyone could feel that way, he is a public servant and as such should present himself in a profressional manner.

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 07:38 PM
he is a public servant and as such should present himself in a profressional manner.

Lord knows our president does.

Who am i kidding. He can't even talk.

Dtothe3
07-Sep-2008, 01:51 AM
Lord knows our president does.

At least your president got voted in. Ours didn't...

Oh wait...

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 02:33 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

slickwilly13
07-Sep-2008, 06:50 AM
The prosecutor was probably speaking out of anger and disgust. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us in certain situations. He may have known the deceased. Who knows.