PDA

View Full Version : Best Killer Toy Films?

3pidemiC
07-Sep-2008, 05:03 AM
Hello everyone,

I am on the quest to find the best "Killer Toy" films. I really want to watch any that I can. I'm talking dolls, toys, dummies, whatever.

Here's a list of the one's that I've seen:

Puppet Master Series
Demonic Toys
Child's Play Series
Magic

I believe that's about it. If anyone can help suggesting any ones that you know of, it would help.

Thanks.

Khardis
07-Sep-2008, 05:09 AM
http://www.moria.co.nz/horror/dolls.htm

this one scared the ever loving **** out of me as a kid.

slickwilly13
07-Sep-2008, 06:46 AM
Dolls was funny, especially, the ending. A friend of mine rented it and talked me into watching it with him and his hot girlfriend, who I couldn't keep my eyes off of. I thought about nailing her when they broke up, but he was too much of a good friend.

Ever see Dollman vs Demonic Toys? *L*

3pidemiC
07-Sep-2008, 01:17 PM
Ever see Dollman vs Demonic Toys? *L*

Yes I have.

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 01:22 PM
I love Puppet Master,and Demonic Toys.

Doc
07-Sep-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.moria.co.nz/horror/dolls.htm

this one scared the ever loving **** out of me as a kid.

I like this film alot. It didn't scare me or anything but, I'll be lying if I wasn't creeped out a little.....especially during the opening credits. With all those head off those Dolls!:eek:

Skippy911sc
07-Sep-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure if this fits the category but, what about Trilogy of Terror?

They had the doll that hacks at a poor woman with a kitchen knife for 15 minutes... :)

Chic Freak
07-Sep-2008, 08:02 PM
There's a fairly creepy episode of the X-Files with a china doll that can communicate with this little girl and sort of cause things to happen... it scared me when I was 11 or so :)

MoonSylver
07-Sep-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure if this fits the category but, what about Trilogy of Terror?

They had the doll that hacks at a poor woman with a kitchen knife for 15 minutes... :)

That was the first one I thought of after I read the OP's list & it wasn't on there. They actually made a 2nd one w/ a return of the Zuni Fetish Doll in 1 of the 3 stories. That lil' guy kicks arse! :D

slickwilly13
07-Sep-2008, 09:47 PM
There's a fairly creepy episode of the X-Files with a china doll that can communicate with this little girl and sort of cause things to happen... it scared me when I was 11 or so :)

That's funny. You were scared of the X-Files. *L*

bassman
07-Sep-2008, 10:23 PM
Some episodes of the x files scared me....

Anyway, I can't think of any really good killer toy flicks. The only two that I can tolerate are Child's Play and Child's Play 2.

As a personal side note: I friggin hate it when people call the Child's Play films "Chucky movies" because of those last two sh*tty entries. And for those interested - Surprise, surprise! There's a remake in the works.:|

Skippy911sc
08-Sep-2008, 01:13 AM
Not to Hijack this but... I remember an X-files episode with people that lived in the forest and could blend in with the environment...they had red eyes and in one scene a kid sees one of these creatures in his house and the shadow with red eyes runs down the hall after him...not real scary but creepy as hell!

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 01:18 AM
I friggin hate it when people call the Child's Play films "Chucky movies" because of those last two sh*tty entries. And for those interested - Surprise, surprise! There's a remake in the works.:|

:annoyed:

I just heard about the remake,and I am so pissed.When is Hollywood going to come up with somthing new.

zombie04
08-Sep-2008, 01:34 AM
I was originally against the idea of a remake, but this interview actually got me interested in it.

http://http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37997

Doubt it will even come close to the original, but could be fun.

slickwilly13
08-Sep-2008, 02:00 AM
:annoyed:

I just heard about the remake,and I am so pissed.When is Hollywood going to come up with somthing new.

Yeah, but it is the original creator and Brad Dourif as Chucky.

Dillinger
08-Sep-2008, 02:34 AM
Trilogy of Terror, definitely. That little zulu doll was scary as hell.

zombie04
08-Sep-2008, 02:39 AM

and Karen Black!!!!!!!!!

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 02:58 AM

Great movie.

3pidemiC
08-Sep-2008, 03:51 AM
Any more? :confused:

Chic Freak
08-Sep-2008, 12:51 PM
That's funny. You were scared of the X-Files. *L*

Not to Hijack this but... I remember an X-files episode with people that lived in the forest and could blend in with the environment...they had red eyes and in one scene a kid sees one of these creatures in his house and the shadow with red eyes runs down the hall after him...not real scary but creepy as hell!

That and the one with the killer bees also put the sh!t up me as a kid.

Any more? :confused:

I feel like there must be a bunch of anime films with this theme although I am failing to name one right now.

mista_mo
08-Sep-2008, 12:59 PM
the one with the fuji mermaid made me **** bricks as a child...

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 02:17 PM
There's such a thing as a Best Killer Toy film???

So would these films that some of you guys were scared by in your childhood be something you'd recommend nowadays? I think this Trilogy of Terror sounds like something I may want to check out, I suppose...

JasonEdw
10-Sep-2008, 04:44 AM

That episode was called "Chinga". One of my faves.