PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 4 & 5...

Neil
07-Sep-2008, 07:20 AM
...let's hope they can keep the quality up :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7601703.stm

SymphonicX
07-Sep-2008, 07:21 AM
number 3 was a travesty....let's hope they get better!

EvilNed
07-Sep-2008, 08:59 AM
I loved all three equally. But they do need Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst for the film to be good. Otherwise, I won't bother with them. And they need a good screenwriter too. Or Sam Raimi can write it himself, with a script doctor watching over his shoulder. That'd do too.

MinionZombie
07-Sep-2008, 11:24 AM
Oooooh ... back-to-back ... danger Will Robinson! DANGER!

It's a tricky line to tread, it's great if you get the formula right, but it sucks if you get it wrong.

BTTF2 + 3 = yes please.

LOTR Trilogy = yes please.

Matrix 2 + 3 = cut the pseudo-philosophical "ergo" bollocks out and we'll talk.

I like all the Spider-Man films, but three was definitely the least of the three, so they need to step up and pay attention to where it went wrong for three, definitely.

I'll watch and indeed buy on DVD, a fourth and fifth if Maguire and Raimi are involved, but it does seem a bit excessive ... seems anyway.

EvilNed
07-Sep-2008, 01:11 PM
Oooooh ... back-to-back ... danger Will Robinson! DANGER!

It's a tricky line to tread, it's great if you get the formula right, but it sucks if you get it wrong.

BTTF2 + 3 = yes please.

LOTR Trilogy = yes please.

Matrix 2 + 3 = cut the pseudo-philosophical "ergo" bollocks out and we'll talk.

I disagree. The LOTR trilogy went to **** after the first film, but the Matrix films succeeded. The Pirates sequels also sucked, but that probably didn't have anything to do with them being back-to-back.

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 01:11 PM
Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have to be involved in Spiderman 4 & 5,or I won't watch them.

Skippy911sc
07-Sep-2008, 06:16 PM
I was a little disappointed with part 3, but the kids liked it so I will probably be forced to experience 4 and 5.

sandrock74
07-Sep-2008, 07:33 PM
One has to wonder what the plans are for Mary Jane since they have nullified their marriage in the comics and brought Gwen Stacy into the movies?

Neil
07-Sep-2008, 08:10 PM
number 3 was a travesty....let's hope they get better!

Slightly harsh... Not as 'clean' as 1 and 2, but still had some merit IMHO..

bassman
07-Sep-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm baffled as to why people are suggesting they keep Dunst on board. She's the worst part of the trilogy, imo.

I'll no doubt see it, but I've never been that big into Spiderman anyway. He's a whiney little bitch. He could learn a thing or two from the Batman.:p

MinionZombie
07-Sep-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm baffled as to why people are suggesting they keep Dunst on board. She's the worst part of the trilogy, imo.

I'll no doubt see it, but I've never been that big into Spiderman anyway. He's a whiney little bitch. He could learn a thing or two from the Batman.:p
lol

True, they're very different characters ... Batman is who every little boy wants to be when they grow up.

Spider-Man (sans web slinging) is who every little boy will become when they bust out that first downstairs-hair.

:lol:

Spider-Man speaks to a very different audience, and examines far different angles. It's a high school/college/young adult dealing with growing up, the coming of responsibility (both real life, and in terms of a crime fighter), and generally being a socially awkward dark horse.

Now, Batman - a dude who's got no super powers at all - that's far, far darker, more adult, it's dark, it's brooding, it's filled with all sorts of dark, brooding and violent themes ... murder, revenge, anger etc.

I really enjoyed the Spider-Man movies, and just like them generally too as movies ... now Batman Begins, that blew me away as a film, regardless of genre, and likewise The Dark Knight was a film that not only blew my clothes off, but gave me a right good seeing too and left me with a ruddy great big smile on my face. A superb film full stop.

Where was I? Oh yeah, new Spider-Man movies...

bassman
08-Sep-2008, 12:42 AM
Where was I? Oh yeah, new Spider-Man movies...

Yeah. Nolan has set a new bar when it comes to comic-to-film adaptations.

Anyone hear about DC Comics/Warner Bros wanting to make all their upcoming films 'darker' because of the success of The Dark Knight? Big mistake, imo. Superman can't be dark. It just wouldn't work. You can't make every superhero film dark just because TDK did well. Batman warrants a dark atmosphere. That doesn't mean every other DC character deserves the same...

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2008, 09:56 AM

Yeah. Nolan has set a new bar when it comes to comic-to-film adaptations.

Anyone hear about DC Comics/Warner Bros wanting to make all their upcoming films 'darker' because of the success of The Dark Knight? Big mistake, imo. Superman can't be dark. It just wouldn't work. You can't make every superhero film dark just because TDK did well. Batman warrants a dark atmosphere. That doesn't mean every other DC character deserves the same...
Damn straight on both counts, Nolan treated Batman not like a comic book movie, but like a real dramatic story - and therefore, SUCCESS. Nolan FTW! :)

As for the others wanting darker movies - NO. The reason that BB and TDK are dark, is because that's how Batman is intended to be, and has always been intended since the beginning.

Spider-Man was a huge success, because Raimi made that like the comics intended it to be, it HAS to be what's right for the franchise, each individual franchise.

Geezus, sometimes I feel like I should be hired by Hollywood to march around town, slapping these moronic execs into various next weeks for having such stupid, ill-thought out ideas.

SymphonicX
08-Sep-2008, 11:10 AM
Slightly harsh... Not as 'clean' as 1 and 2, but still had some merit IMHO..

To be honest, I totally disagree....

Case in point: the one person who just happens to be escaping from the police ends up in an unexplained scientific test field....and turns into the sandman....the one person who can stop the sand man gets a little black symbiote splodge on his bike....the one photographer who's taking pictures of the building falling apart demonstrates literally NO emotion when his "girlfriend" is dangling off the side of the building, but can crack a joke to the police chief about dating his daughter...Symbiot suit gives Peter Parker amazing piano playing and dancing skills...fine...but that scene was stupid...the whole thing was stupid, so random, and nothing felt like "fate"...

no character development, it was all just slushed in there, no real storyline, things just happen and nothing felt fleshed out with any detail, it was rushed, boring and most of all, badly scripted and directed...I really hated 3, but loved the other two.

mista_mo
08-Sep-2008, 01:23 PM
it's a damn shame that spider man could break batman in two pretty quickly.

Spider man speaks to a broader audience. He doesn't have enough cash to fund super gadgets (ala Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark) and is for all intents and purposes, a normal guy (outside of his spider man persona) trying to make a living in the world.

He struggled to get through early life, and despite being a genius, never had the cash to really succeed.

He isn't schooled in martial arts, but fights using a style that accentuates his natural strength and agility. He has to throw his punches and hold back constantly otherwise he'd kill a normal human (such as Batman) without too much effort.

What they really have in common though, is their intelligence and that they often have to outsmart an opponent, and use their natural talents to beat them.

But honestly, Batman should go back to being the worlds greatest detective, and fighting people along his levels. Not this plot armored nonsense we tend to see in comics with him now...

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 02:33 PM
Spiderman 3 was a bit of a stumble, but was it just a mis-step or the beginning of a tragic fall for ol' Webhead? Be here next time to find out for yourselves, True Believers!

Excelsior!

bassman
08-Sep-2008, 02:49 PM
Spiderman:

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/peterparkercrying.jpg

Batman:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/1/1161141535.jpg

Batman is a real man's hero.:p

Just kidding around. I like Spiderman too. Spiderman is kinda like Superman. He was given a gift so he needs to use it where as Batman chooses to try to help on nothing but determination and wil power.

EvilNed
08-Sep-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, two different heroes really. Both are cool. I think the Spider-man films are better. But they're really very different, so I don't really compare them. I view the Batman films more as action dramas, whereas the Spider-man films are adventures.

Neil
08-Sep-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, two different heroes really. Both are cool. I think the Spider-man films are better. But they're really very different, so I don't really compare them. I view the Batman films more as action dramas, whereas the Spider-man films are adventures.

I've yet to watch Dark Knight again, but currently Spiderman 2 is my top superhero film...

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2008, 05:37 PM
I've yet to watch Dark Knight again, but currently Spiderman 2 is my top superhero film...
I'm gonna wait until DVD probably, when it'll be brand new again for me, let all my excitement and ferver for it calm down a bit before seeing it again, you know.

Rottedfreak
08-Sep-2008, 06:35 PM
They need to do something else besides:
Peter wants girl
Super villian created indirectly due to Spiderman
Peter and girl have complications
Super villian captures girl, fights spiderman, learns hes Peter, then dies with a bit of redemption.
Peter gets to be with girl.

JasonEdw
10-Sep-2008, 04:39 AM
Even though I bought Spider-Man 3, I didn't like it as much as the other 2, but I can't figure out why, exactly. The only things I pin down is that the attempts at comedic moments just seemed to fall flat, and that Venom's characterization was LOUSY! I thought Topher Grace's performance was straight out of a Schumacher Batman sequel...