PDA

View Full Version : Amir Khan's glass chin

capncnut
07-Sep-2008, 09:47 AM
Boxing showoff, Amir Khan, shattered his world title dreams last night after suffering his first ever loss.

sWE8I9pzOz0

54 seconds. Quite pathetic really.

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 01:20 PM
I hate it when boxing matches only last that long.

AcesandEights
07-Sep-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh! The slow mo of that punch was utterly vicious! :)

slickwilly13
07-Sep-2008, 04:27 PM
That was funny! *L*

kidgloves
09-Sep-2008, 07:07 PM
While i think Khan is a good kid, he has been way overhyped and it was just a matter of time before this happened. He had been put down twice before this by light punching fighters. Anyone who follows boxing knows that when you step up to a decent level, punch resistance is one of the most important credentials that you need. Unfortunately this guy doesn't have it and i can't see how there gonna fix it and convince the public he's the real deal.

Bub666
09-Sep-2008, 09:15 PM
While i think Khan is a good kid, he has been way overhyped and it was just a matter of time before this happened. He had been put down twice before this by light punching fighters. Anyone who follows boxing knows that when you step up to a decent level, punch resistance is one of the most important credentials that you need. Unfortunately this guy doesn't have it and i can't see how there gonna fix it and convince the public he's the real deal.

I agree.

Mike70
10-Sep-2008, 11:06 AM
your vid was exorcised from youtube. i didn't get to see it.:(

Legion2213
12-Sep-2008, 04:59 AM
your vid was exorcised from youtube. i didn't get to see it.:(

Enjoy. :D
-fQoTQJsv1I

kidgloves
26-Jul-2009, 11:34 PM
Just thought I'd bump this as Amir is now the WBA Light Welterweight Champion of the World.
Any boxing fans on here?

slickwilly13
27-Jul-2009, 02:17 AM
I am. I used to box, but not anymore. Btw, Vernon Forrest is dead. Murder/Robbery That is 3 champs this month.

kidgloves
27-Jul-2009, 03:27 PM
Yep. Arguello, Gatti and now Forrest. All under unusual circumstances. I'm still reeling from the Gatti one. Terrible way to go.

Apparently Vernon Forrest twittered this

On Sunday 19th July 2009, @vernonforrest said:

Man I had a nightmare last nite I dreamt I come home and found 4 guys were breaking into my house. I pull my heater and it was empty they chased me and was about to shot me then I woke up. The first thing I did was get my heater and made sure it was loaded. That dream will not come true.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2fafc84047f0a43ce3debdbd08d186bf

Freaky or what. Nobodies debunked it YET.

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 05:39 PM
Both links are dead now - youtube apparently nixed them due to copyright violations. Too bad, really, because I heard about this KO, and have been dying to see it.

Imagine taking impacts like that to your face and jaw for a living!

kidgloves
27-Jul-2009, 05:58 PM
Here you go Mr Yojimbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHHuouXICo

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 06:10 PM
Here you go Mr Yojimbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHHuouXICo
Thank you, brother kidgloves.

Dude does not know how to cover himself after throwing a jab, and leaves himself open to a counter every time. First time he goes down, he comes back up, but looks disoriented. Then, makes the same mistake of punching and dropping his guard setting himself up for a counterpunch. Left jab to the jaw and he is starting to keel just as he gets a second blow with a right.

kidgloves
27-Jul-2009, 07:36 PM
Yep. When he won the title last week he was on his bike at all times. Earmuffs in position whenever danger was around.
I'm still not convinced but his punch resistance is much better suggesting he was weight drained at the lower weight.
Freddie Roach has done a great job with him. The mans a genius

It was strange watching him last weekend. You could see his natural instinct to trade takeover then he remembered what he'd been taught. Some of his footwork was breathtaking at times as well.