PDA

View Full Version : Coney island is dead

acealive1
08-Sep-2008, 02:24 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080908/ap_on_re_us/coney_island;_ylt=Akkobf4E1A1Ey_.Uy3gaB_FH2ocA

:(:(:(

Dillinger
08-Sep-2008, 02:32 AM
I guess the Warriors have to relocate then. So long, Wonder Wheel!

MikePizzoff
08-Sep-2008, 12:14 PM
Hm, I've never even seen the place in person. Next time I go up to NYC for something, I'll have to make a detour to at least drive by and view the place before it's just a memory.

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 12:19 PM
This sucks.I've been there countless times,and it was always a blast.:(

DjfunkmasterG
08-Sep-2008, 01:02 PM
Well ALbert the leasee, and Thor Equities, the leasor, have been going back and forth for over a year. Thor wants to build condos, but that requires removing the Rollercoaster, but because of its Historical Status, it can't be torn down or moved with a lengthy process. So each side is flexxing their muscles.

Thor will come off as the bad guy in most of this, but Albert, will too, she is jumping to sell everything as a lat kind of well.... **** YOU to NYC, and Thor, but neither sides thinks about the residents, the history or the people affected.

Tis a shame. Coney Island is a fun place.

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, now I'll never get to go. Though I've seen Coney Island from a distance, I'd never really had much of a desire to go, so this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for that possibility. While this as been ongoing fodder for the local papers for a while now, it's still kind of a shock things have worked out the way they have. All the same, the situation stinks.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Sep-2008, 05:39 PM
You live in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY, and have never been to COney Island?

Damn, dude I am shocked. :eek:

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 07:12 PM
You live in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY, and have never been to COney Island?

Damn, dude I am shocked. :eek:

Hehe, what's worse is I need to update my profile...I live even closer nowadays (Lower Westchester) and work in Midtown.

So yes, I am bad about being a tourist in my own backyard :(

Bruiser235
10-Sep-2008, 02:11 AM
Dude, Coney Island's been dead for decades. No loss, really. Let's just hope they don't Disney-fy the area.

In regards to the Wonder Wheel and Cyclone and Parachute Drop, they're landmarks and cannot be touched.

Cody
10-Sep-2008, 04:48 AM
Stuff like this always happens to the good people, knaw mean?