PDA

View Full Version : True Blood - New VAMPIRE TV series on HBO

DjfunkmasterG
08-Sep-2008, 02:13 PM
Did anyone check out the pilot episode last night?

True bLood is about a town in Lafyette Louisiana, that is dealing with the arrival of VAMPIREs 2 years after they came out of the casket revealing themselves to the world.

Has the right amount of Camp, horror and violence most horror fans enjoy. And them gals on the show have such sweet boobies and asses. I wanna lick'em :p

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah,I watched it last night.It was really good.

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 02:18 PM
This looked a bit lame, but who knows...

Something about the heavy-handed attempt at mixing social issues seemed like I wouldn't like it, but this is all based off of the commercials. Any other non-spoileriffic reviews?

slickwilly13
08-Sep-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it does have some good nudity. Maybe we'll see the rest of the female cast.

Dillinger
08-Sep-2008, 11:30 PM
I caught the premiere of True Blood last night on HBO. It was pretty decent. I like the angle that vampire blood acts like a drug to mortals, and a few humans capture and drain vamps in order to sell and use their blood.

It had some nice sex scenes in it too. I want to see that black chick get naked and boinked by a vampire.

Bub666
09-Sep-2008, 04:04 AM
I like the angle that vampire blood acts like a drug to mortals, and a few humans capture and drain vamps in order to sell and use their blood.

Yeah,that is a great angle.

Neil
09-Sep-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't know when this is going to on here in the UK :(

DjfunkmasterG
09-Sep-2008, 10:41 AM
Neil I am sure if you check around online, you can probably watch it online.

Neil
09-Sep-2008, 10:47 AM
Neil I am sure if you check around online, you can probably watch it online.

Sure, but TBH, it's much easier when it comes here on Sky (satellite). Just press a button to record the entire series so as each episode is shown they're all recorded automatically. Nice and easy :)

Mike70
09-Sep-2008, 02:45 PM
i haven't seen this yet but am going to check it out. i'll check out just about anything vampire related and give it a whirl.

not to jump ship here but did anyone else watch "blood ties" when it was on? even though it was on, ahem, lifetime it wasn't a bad show at all.

axlish
09-Sep-2008, 04:07 PM
I'll check it out on ONDemand soon. It looks inviting enough to at least give a chance.

I like the angle that vampire blood acts like a drug to mortals, and a few humans capture and drain vamps in order to sell and use their blood.

This was already explored in the Blade series, as well as Moonlight. Both of those series were cancelled though, so perhaps the third time is the charm.

AcesandEights
09-Sep-2008, 04:43 PM
This was already explored in the Blade series, as well as Moonlight.

Yup, the idea has popped up in at least a few books and in the VtM game, so it's one that has been around for quite sometime.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Sep-2008, 11:23 AM
Sure, but TBH, it's much easier when it comes here on Sky (satellite). Just press a button to record the entire series so as each episode is shown they're all recorded automatically. Nice and easy :)

We have that here too, its part of our fiber optic digital network known as FIOS. Honestly FIOS is overrated, but that is a cool feature.

Skippy911sc
10-Sep-2008, 02:19 PM
I thought it was kinda LAME.

I am sick of the same old looking Vamps...at least in 30 Days of Night they looked and acted different.

Spoiler...
.Every time they show the Vamp star he is staring at the Camera like a 90210 rejected member. The female lead Anna was a little on the annoying side IMHO. I liked the silver chains on the Vamps body and I felt it had potential, but for a premier...blah! I did Dig the sex scenes!

DjfunkmasterG
10-Sep-2008, 04:35 PM
Seems like Skinemax is bleeding over to HBO series. (no pun intended)

Mike70
10-Sep-2008, 04:40 PM
Seems like Skinemax is bleeding over to HBO series.

that isn't exactly a bad thing now is it?:p

what with all this talk of sex and vampires, i just might have to download this puppy. whoops. :stunned: now horrormad might have to chastize me...

Dillinger
10-Sep-2008, 10:56 PM
This is off the subject, but have any of you guys ever read the Philip K. Dick vampire story about the old lady?

This little boy goes over to this old lady's house every day after school and reads the paper to her and keeps her company and what not. Well, he notices that every day he comes over she gets a little bit younger, and he grows more and more tired.

Well, at the very end. He leaves her house one final time, and as he's walking home, he crumbles into dust. And the old lady transform into a young beautiful woman.

Awesome damn story. If anyone knows this story, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the title of it. I forgot it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, and since Philip K. Dick has about a million short stories, I can't really google it either.

Bub666
11-Sep-2008, 02:54 AM
This is off the subject, but have any of you guys ever read the Philip K. Dick vampire story about the old lady?

This little boy goes over to this old lady's house every day after school and reads the paper to her and keeps her company and what not. Well, he notices that every day he comes over she gets a little bit younger, and he grows more and more tired.

Well, at the very end. He leaves her house one final time, and as he's walking home, he crumbles into dust. And the old lady transform into a young beautiful woman.

Awesome damn story. If anyone knows this story, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the title of it. I forgot it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, and since Philip K. Dick has about a million short stories, I can't really google it either.

That story sounds very familiar.But I can't remember the name of it.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Sep-2008, 09:32 PM
that isn't exactly a bad thing now is it?:p

Well, thinking about it.. No, but, well...

Sh!t, I guess I will just shut up now because I really don't have a retort to that answer. :D

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2008, 10:51 AM
Anyone catch last nights episode of True Blood? Another sex filled Vampire romp, with the lead character, Suki (Anna Paquin), falling for Bill, the 142 year old Vampire.

While the blood n Guts aren't on display, I still think this show has potential if they could advance the plotline faster.

Bub666
15-Sep-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah,I watched last nights episode of True Blood.So far after two episodes I like the show.

Neil
15-Sep-2008, 03:18 PM
When is this coming to the UK :mad:

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2008, 04:18 PM
You Tube Neil... You Tube

clanglee
16-Sep-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm liking it quite a bit so far. Good show, GREAT characters, nice slow burn. Kind of a serial quality with the endings so far. 9/10

MikePizzoff
16-Sep-2008, 02:01 AM
You guys really enjoyed it? My girlfriend and I have been having a blast mocking the commercials we've been seeing for it.

In my bluntest opinion: It looks like sh1t.

clanglee
16-Sep-2008, 02:20 AM
Yeah, judging by the commercials I was scoffing at it too. But I gave it a chance since I loved 6 Feet Under so much. I'm glad I did. It's really good.. . . so far.

Bub666
16-Sep-2008, 02:28 AM
I still think this show has potential if they could advance the plotline faster.

I agree.The only problem that I have with the show is that the story's moving a little too slow.

Neil
16-Sep-2008, 07:52 AM
You Tube Neil... You Tube

I'm too much of a snob to watch it on a PC and in low quality... On my TV in good quality only for me! :rockbrow:

slickwilly13
13-Oct-2008, 02:11 AM
The lead chick finally showed her stuff and it looked good. *S*

Bub666
13-Oct-2008, 02:41 AM
I really love this show.It gets better and better ever week I watch it.

Neil
13-Oct-2008, 08:27 AM
I really love this show.It gets better and better ever week I watch it.

Grrrrr! When is it coming to the UK?

clanglee
13-Oct-2008, 09:13 AM
Really great story, Very strong and likable characters, and finally a look at Anna Paquin's boobies!!! What a wonderful show!!!

Neil
13-Oct-2008, 09:21 AM
Really great story, Very strong and likable characters, and finally a look at Anna Paquin's boobies!!! What a wonderful show!!!

Argh! And instead we have to put up with BBC's dreadful 'Merlin' :(

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2008, 11:12 AM
She showed her Ta Ta's, bodacious Ta Ta's :D

Can't believe that is the same chick from the My Girl Movies. She is definitely smoking hot.

slickwilly13
13-Oct-2008, 01:43 PM
She showed her Ta Ta's, bodacious Ta Ta's :D

Can't believe that is the same chick from the My Girl Movies. She is definitely smoking hot.

Wrong Anna. She is now on 30 Rock.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2008, 02:13 PM
You're right... my bad.

They almost are twins.

clanglee
13-Oct-2008, 07:53 PM
This is Anna "Rogue" Paquin.

Anna "I won an Oscar at like 8 years old for the Piano" Paquin

Bub666
13-Oct-2008, 11:04 PM
Grrrrr! When is it coming to the UK?

Soon,for your sake I hope Neil.You're missing a great show.:D

slickwilly13
25-Nov-2008, 12:35 AM
Now that the first season ended last night and we won't get a 2nd season, until next summer. Any comments or complaints so far?

DjfunkmasterG
25-Nov-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought the season ened really well. I hope Bill and Sookie have more of front line story, they seemed so second fiddle to the rest of the cast.

I am looking forward to season 2 which is supposed to take us more into the Vampire world.

slickwilly13
25-Nov-2008, 12:53 AM
What do you think happened to gay black guy? Werewolf get him or a vampire? Apparently, werewolves exist in this series.

clanglee
25-Nov-2008, 12:55 AM
Great first season!!!! I am a little upset at some of the cliffhangers. . but that gives us more to look foward to. What's up with that pig lady and why does Sam seem to know her? What's going to happen when Sookie learns about Bill's new little friend? I hope that Lafayette isn't dead. . I really like that character. As a matter of fact, I love pretty much all the characters. What a wonderful wonderful show. Summer is just too long to wait!!

Neil
25-Nov-2008, 07:57 AM
WHEN IS THIS ON IN THE UK! Grrr!

Exatreides
26-Nov-2008, 06:48 AM
I also loved this show. Fell in love with it after about half an episode and been hooked since! Cant wait till next summer when it gets back.

Chic Freak
28-Dec-2008, 01:30 PM
My dad's living and working in the US atm and recorded the first season for me to watch on my laptop, but episodes 1-6 AREN'T WORKING!! *cries*

There's no way I'm skipping straight to episode 7 so I'm just going to have to wait for him to go back to the US (he came home for Christmas) and try again.

frustration!!

I read the first novel though, which is what the first series is based on:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vEK07m4jL._SS500_.jpg

By the sounds of it the series won't be a disappointment after the book! Plus it won't annoy me that Sookie is blonde, gorgeous and big boobed in the show as she describes herself as blonde, gorgeous and big boobed in the book too, heh.

Was she supposed to be a virgin in the show? Just interested as it made hers and Bill's relationship more interesting. And the love scenes kind of hotter :o

Mike70
05-Jan-2009, 03:00 AM
well fuck me again. i went into this show expecting to hate it with a passion and well, i was wrong. i shouldn't like this show, i really shouldn't. i detest the whole emo, tormented vampire thing because i love actual vampire folklore so much but i this just got me and i can't really give a reason for it other than some of the characters, esp. the black ones (tara and her gay cousin), are just so much fun.

on an aside: i don't think anna paquin is hot at all. i don't like the shape of her mouth (in fact, i find it downright repellent) or the way her teeth look.

clanglee
05-Jan-2009, 05:02 AM
on an aside: i don't think anna paquin is hot at all. i don't like the shape of her mouth (in fact, i find it downright repellent) or the way her teeth look.

I'm kind of a fan of her eyes and then everthing from the neck down. :D

Mike70
20-Jan-2009, 07:15 PM
one further thing: anyone who likes this show may very well be interested in "blood ties." it was a vamp series that was on , erm ahem, lifetime a couple of years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Ties_(TV_series).

clanglee
20-Jan-2009, 07:48 PM
Canadian vampires. . . . shades of Forever Knight. (which I did like for a while I must admit.)

Mike70
20-Jan-2009, 07:57 PM
Canadian vampires. . . . shades of Forever Knight. (which I did like for a while I must admit.)

i am a big fan of forever knight. in a lot of ways it set the tone of many of the "modern" vampire shows that have followed. the first two seasons of it kicked ass. the third not so much.

then again, all modern vampires are pretty much descended from barnabas collins...

clanglee
20-Jan-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah. . Dark Shadows was a great show. I even liked the reboot with Ben Cross.

slickwilly13
17-Aug-2009, 02:24 PM
Anyone watching the 2nd season? There are only 3 more episodes left.

clanglee
17-Aug-2009, 11:57 PM
Religiously. . . the ONLY show I watch. Don't want the season to end dammit!!

DjfunkmasterG
19-Aug-2009, 12:49 PM
Same here. I am a True Blood addict, and last weekends show was prety decent, except for Eric's acting towards the end.

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2009, 03:21 PM
I almost hit the floor laughing at Eric. It was about as funny and out of character when he approached the church group asking for a stake.

Btw, I would not throw away 2,000 yrs like that. If you know what I mean. Even though it was a cool scene.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Aug-2009, 04:32 PM
That was a hilarious scene, but nowhere near as funny as him dressed as Andy talking to Lafayette

clanglee
19-Aug-2009, 07:47 PM
Same here. I am a True Blood addict, and last weekends show was prety decent, except for Eric's acting towards the end.

Yeah, Eric's acting was a little off at the end there. I am actually more interested in the story of the secondary characters really. . .Sam, Terra, Lafayette. . etc etc. I'm ready for the big confrontation with the maenid.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Aug-2009, 07:54 PM
Lafayette is the coolest gay character on TV. Something about him makes you wanna keep watching week after week after week.

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2009, 09:34 PM
That was a hilarious scene, but nowhere near as funny as him dressed as Andy talking to Lafayette

I do not remember that scene. Maybe I was out of the room. What happened?

Btw, I liked the flashback of Bill's past. He was vicious back then.

clanglee
19-Aug-2009, 11:09 PM
I do not remember that scene. Maybe I was out of the room. What happened?.

It was a few episodes back. When Andy comes into the bar to yell at Lafayette, and Lafayette flashes back to Eric. It was Andy's body and voice with Eric's face. Pretty funny. I actually thought it was pretty touching how Terry was able to recognise the signs of a traumatic flashback and helped to calm Lafayette down.

slickwilly13
20-Aug-2009, 09:12 PM
Now I remember. Thanks. I recall Terry calming him down in the kitchen.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Aug-2009, 12:38 AM
Sundays episode was BLAH, but Terry stole the show being the defacto leader of the Maryann Zombies.

Article about the zombie themed episode on CNN

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/24/true-blood-the-god-who-comes-to-bon-temps/

I ADVISE EVERYONE WHO GETS SMOKED UP... To watch Episode 10 of Season 2 and tell me the writer wasn't on drugs.

Ok, the more I watch this show, the more I fall in love with its insanity. While the show has a love story element it also has some of the darkest comedy I have ever witnessed in my life. I don't mean to say the comedy in the show isn't obvious, but there are so many dark tones to this show that make it even funnier.

After watching episode 10 3 times now I realized that this episode falls into the SO BAD ITS GOOD category at the rank of #1. This episode was so cheesy, horribly acted, and directed that it all melded together to make the perfect trifecta of supreme velveeta.

How could any serious, director, or producer not look at the script of this episode, then turn to the writer and ask HOW MUCH Fuckin' BLOW DID YOU SNORT BEFORE YOU WROTE THIS? ... Then the producer thinking... screw it, it could work.

Man I would have paid anything to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

clanglee
25-Aug-2009, 10:54 PM
I actually loved this last episode. . but I was pissed as hell at it. It was a full 10 minutes shorter that every other episode. What gives? Grrrrrrr

DjfunkmasterG
25-Aug-2009, 10:59 PM
In some markets they had a mock Vampire news update.

Only Cable customers got to see it after the show. FIOS Customers didn't get it.

clanglee
25-Aug-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm a cable customer. . . . I think. . I'm not sure what FIOS is. . . .
:confused:

Exatreides
25-Aug-2009, 11:54 PM
I thought the last episode was decent. Bout time to wrap up the marryann storyline.

Next two episodes should be pretty damn good hopefully.

clanglee
26-Aug-2009, 12:07 AM
I thought the last episode was decent. Bout time to wrap up the marryann storyline.

Next two episodes should be pretty damn good hopefully.

Yeah I'm ready for a good old fashioned supernatural rumble. And I really am ready for someone to wipe that self satisfied smirk off that bitches face too. :D

Exatreides
26-Aug-2009, 12:20 AM
Vampire's and Sam as a big ol Polar bear.

Now thats what I want to see.

clanglee
26-Aug-2009, 01:14 AM
Apparently in the books he does turn into a lion to fight with some werewolves. I've only read the first book. . and I must say I wildly prefer the Show. My wife is absolutely addicted to the books though. She does love the show as well.

Exatreides
26-Aug-2009, 02:42 AM
I have only read a bit of the first book and didn't like it.

I do wonder why he never turns into a T rex and just eat some people.

clanglee
26-Aug-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah the books are written first person from Sookie's point of view. And as batty and hairbrained and annoying as she can be in the show. . it comes off much worse in the books. Plus it's all a woman's perspective which really just gives it a kind of a romance novel feel. . which just sucks. . . .But hey. . .the show rocks!!

slickwilly13
26-Aug-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey, did anyone notice that guy's fat mom playing the unreleased Dead Space shooter on the Wii at Bill's house? The game looks better than I thought it would.

clanglee
26-Aug-2009, 11:31 PM
Is that what that was? Hmmm. . . .

I always wondered at Bill having a Wii in the first place. It just cracks me up. Vampire Bill playing fucking Mario Cart. That is funny.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2009, 11:48 PM
I have to say True Blood is probably one of the better shows on TV right now, and I bet Showtime is kicking themselves in the ass for passing it up.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/2h6848h.gif

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/2h6848h.gif

Found this and just had to post it.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2009, 11:27 AM
Ok... one episode left and I think I am in love... with her.

http://mistischindele.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/evan-rachel-wood_l.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood was fantastic as Vampire Queen SOphie Anne, and it didn't hurt the fact she is a red head, bi-sexual, and just all around hot.

And people wonder why I love this show.

:D

Also, for those who watch... did anyone catch the WORLD WAR Z references?

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2009, 04:19 PM
Ok... one episode left and I think I am in love... with her.

http://mistischindele.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/evan-rachel-wood_l.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood was fantastic as Vampire Queen SOphie Anne, and it didn't hurt the fact she is a red head, bi-sexual, and just all around hot.

And people wonder why I love this show.

:D

Also, for those who watch... did anyone catch the WORLD WAR Z references?

Reference? When?

bassman
31-Aug-2009, 04:37 PM
I watched one episode of this show and never went back. Horrible acting of a bunch of rednecks boning each other. It's Days of Our Lives with nudity and cursing.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2009, 04:50 PM
Reference? When?

When Jason was saying how they need to take control of the town again, and in order to save something sometimes you have to destroy... and Andy asked where he got that from and he said "The oral history of the Zombie war."

slickwilly13
31-Aug-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks. Btw, was I alone in thinking the vampire queen was eating that chick out at first?

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks. Btw, was I alone in thinking the vampire queen was eating that chick out at first?

NO... I thought it too and even wished she was eating her out. :D

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2009, 09:44 PM
3 hours to go until the Season 2 Finale... I wait with eagerness to see the end of Season 2, and hopefully that C**Trag Maryann.

shootemindehead
01-Mar-2010, 01:20 PM
Hmmmm...new to this. But am I the only one on here that thinks this show is rubbish?

It's "wimmin's" vampires. Horror for girlies. Tortured vampire romance trash. Neo-goth bollocks The modern vampire story sucks big time. It's all fucking. how is a vampire supposed to fuck anyway?

Give me the vamps out of '30 Days of Night' any day of the week. I doubt anybody would want to fuck them.

Neil
01-Mar-2010, 01:40 PM
Hmmmm...new to this. But am I the only one on here that thinks this show is rubbish?
Quite possibly :)

I really enjoy it...

slickwilly13
14-Jun-2010, 12:16 AM
Just a reminder the thirid season starts tonight on HBO at 8 p.m. central time.

clanglee
14-Jun-2010, 12:27 AM
Yup, and alas I am here at work. . . . thank God I finally have a DVR.

Danny
14-Jun-2010, 12:30 AM
i watched the first two season over a weekend when i was ill, its not bad in that trashy soap opera-ish way- kinda like some episodes of lost. Its a little twilighty for my taste but at least its not underworld leather and bullet time wank. i grew tired of that stuff a decade ago.

clanglee
14-Jun-2010, 01:34 AM
its not bad in that trashy soap opera-ish way- kinda like some episodes of lost. Its a little twilighty for my taste .

The books are horrible. . . .I read the first one and it just set me on edge with its crap romance novel tripe. My wife loves 'em tho. Go figure. And Sookie is a complete whore in the books apparently. The shows have Sooooooooooooooo much more depth than the books ever tried to have.

What I am really excited about is the Game of Thrones adaption tho. Each book in the series is long and packed with great charcters and wonderful plot, so not much improvement is really needed.

Danny
14-Jun-2010, 01:37 AM
The books are horrible. . . .I read the first one and it just set me on edge with its crap romance novel tripe. My wife loves 'em tho. Go figure. And Sookie is a complete whore in the books apparently. The shows have Sooooooooooooooo much more depth than the books ever tried to have.

What I am really excited about is the Game of Thrones adaption tho. Each book in the series is long and packed with great charcters and wonderful plot, so not much improvement is really needed.

i found sookie to be the weakest character, with ones like eric, lafayette and jessica being far more entertaining. i dunno, maybe she stunk a little of the mary sue/larry stu character type.

-plus everytime bill goes "su-kee" it looks like hes doing a bad elvis impression, its very distracting form whatevers going on in a scene

clanglee
15-Jun-2010, 01:14 AM
So first episode of the new season. . pretty good! Takes up right where the last ended and hits the ground running. Should be a good season.

Neil
15-Jun-2010, 01:00 PM
So first episode of the new season. . pretty good! Takes up right where the last ended and hits the ground running. Should be a good season.

Still got the last few episodes to watch yet!

PS: Can you reduce the height/depth of your sig please...

kidgloves
15-Aug-2010, 10:09 PM
I only watched the leaked pilot of this and wasn't overly impressed with it.
Anyway, this weekend I had a bit of spare time and decided to make full use of my 50mb connection and I've watched the 1st 2 seasons in 1080p.
Oh my. What an excellent show. Where have I been? A vampire series on HBO should have been enough of a draw for me.
I've hardly left the cinema room and am just coming to the end of season 1.
Brilliant show. Very impressed.

Danny
15-Aug-2010, 10:29 PM
it gets better in season 3, shit got super real in the latest episode.

clanglee
16-Aug-2010, 07:09 AM
Holy shit!!! This episode's ending was fucking great!!! I love this show.

Ghost Of War
16-Aug-2010, 08:05 AM
TBH, I'm finding it hard to get into season 3. I'm only up to ep 5, and it just got a bit interesting regarding Eric, so maybe it'll pick up for me now. I'll stick with it, because seasons 1 and 2 were great.

Danny
16-Aug-2010, 08:14 AM
TBH, I'm finding it hard to get into season 3. I'm only up to ep 5, and it just got a bit interesting regarding Eric, so maybe it'll pick up for me now. I'll stick with it, because seasons 1 and 2 were great.

episodes 6 and 8 are pretty damn good and worth looking into.

Danny
16-Aug-2010, 10:50 PM
Just watched the last episode. HOLY. FUCK.

all the schmalzy eye rolling romance was worth it for that ending scene.

slickwilly13
17-Aug-2010, 10:47 PM
The ending was funny when the king of vampires took over the news. Too bad he will probably be gone after the next 3 episodes. Btw, they made the over of Rolling Stone. I wish Bill would move his fucking hand.:D

http://www.popeater.com/2010/08/17/true-blood-rolling-stone-cover/

Danny
18-Aug-2010, 01:57 AM
The ending was funny when the king of vampires took over the news. Too bad he will probably be gone after the next 3 episodes. Btw, they made the over of Rolling Stone. I wish Bill would move his fucking hand.:D

http://www.popeater.com/2010/08/17/true-blood-rolling-stone-cover/

the actor playing erics face makes the cover, like the other two are in character and hes just a little like "this is a wierd day im having" :lol:

Exatreides
18-Aug-2010, 02:12 AM
"And now for the weather, Tiffany?" That ending line was probably one of the best I've seen done. The whole scene was pretty jaw dropping.

How can they destroy him? He's nearly 3,000 years old? Bill's not even 200, Erics a little over a 1000. If I was the Government, I'd just hit it during the day.

darth los
18-Aug-2010, 03:09 AM
True blood is like twilight, only a tad less gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

:cool:

Danny
18-Aug-2010, 03:30 AM
"And now for the weather, Tiffany?" That ending line was probably one of the best I've seen done. The whole scene was pretty jaw dropping.

it was pretty dern rad, in this day and age of the sad, emo romance vampires, to just have this old, powerful vampire just lose his shit on tv and say 'first i kill you, then i eat your children' and do it with an emotion other than boohoo angst.

clanglee
18-Aug-2010, 03:35 AM
True blood is like twilight, only a tad less gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

:cool:

Nope. . not really at all. . .the books maybe, but the show has been given an adulthood that is very lacking in Twilight. It's an Alan Ball project for gods sake!!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

it was pretty dern rad, in this day and age of the sad, emo romance vampires, to just have this old, powerful vampire just lose his shit on tv and say 'first i kill you, then i eat your children' and do it with an emotion other than boohoo angst.

Very ballsy and badassed. I can't wait to see what will happen.

shootemindehead
18-Aug-2010, 05:25 PM

It's probably the only scene in this truly awful series that had any balls to it.

clanglee
18-Aug-2010, 08:08 PM
It's probably the only scene in this truly awful series that had any balls to it.

I really don't get the hate that some people have for this series. . .to each his own I guess.

shootemindehead
19-Aug-2010, 09:45 PM
To me it's just a girly "relationship" series, with some horror staples thrown in. None of which are particularly interesting. I watched the entire 1st series and simply couldn't be bothered checking out the next. The gratuitous fuck scenes every episode are tiresome, there's no real "horror" going on, the vampires are boring, the werewolves/shapeshifters tedious and the humans are arseholes.

...and vampires can't fuck, they're dead. That's the real killer for me in this show.

It's a shade better than 'Twilight', but certainly in the same bracket as that.

Danny
19-Aug-2010, 10:05 PM
To me it's just a girly "relationship" series, with some horror staples thrown in. None of which are particularly interesting. I watched the entire 1st series and simply couldn't be bothered checking out the next. The gratuitous fuck scenes every episode are tiresome, there's no real "horror" going on, the vampires are boring, the werewolves/shapeshifters tedious and the humans are arseholes.

...and vampires can't fuck, they're dead. That's the real killer for me in this show.

it has gotten a lot better with that since the first season,, the 3rds a little slow but probably the best so far.

-and heres that ending scene:

LiJuYSB8F6M

clanglee
19-Aug-2010, 10:59 PM

I see your point, It IS a relationship series. But it's not a girlie relationship series. The books are. . .no doubt. . a badly written tawdry romance series. But the show has been injected with very likable characters with real motivation and growth. It is far and above it's own original source material. . .which is pretty rare.

shootemindehead
20-Aug-2010, 12:01 AM
My GF likes it a lot. But everytime I walk in on the show, there's someone screwing a vampire. :lol:

I just perfer my vamps to be scarier, you know? Like '20 Days of Night' scary. Probably the best vampire film in the last 20 years. I'm just bored of the Anne Rice/Buffy type of sexy boy vampire woman's fantasy. It's just really flat to me.

I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, that 'True Blood' is based on. But, I hear that fans of the books are no uniformly happy with the show. I've no desire to touch them anyway.

Bottom line is that, 'True Blood' is just "not my cup of tea". I like the opening titles though. :D

Exatreides
20-Aug-2010, 01:55 AM
To each there own. Snoop Dogs a fan of the show apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tODhvb47s&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tODhvb47s&feature=related)

i forgot how to do the embed thingy

kidgloves
23-Aug-2010, 10:00 PM
Working my way through the 2nd series now. Still excellent. Love the humour. Great to see Hank from Breaking Bad pop up.

Danny
23-Aug-2010, 10:12 PM
Tonights was good, not enough of the king of Mississippi in it though, that crazy bastards made this season.

kidgloves
23-Aug-2010, 10:18 PM
And for fucks sake can we stop with the spoilers people. Is it really that difficult hide some text. :annoyed::mad::rant: