PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Scariest Resident Evil Moments

darth los
09-Sep-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/top-25-scariest-resident-evil-moments/?icid=aimDBDL2_image-a

This certainly brought back alot of memories. I think i'm going to have to play the series again starting at the beginning. What's great about it is that most of them can be beat in just a few hours.

capncnut
10-Sep-2008, 08:52 AM
Recently played the first two Resi's again and both games were an utter pleasure to revisit. Once you get used to the (now clumsy) controls, you'll be wowed by how they still stand up and how enjoyable they are to play 10-12 years later.

Cody
10-Sep-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah these games are the vibe. I will own all them with just a few more purchases >: D

Bub666
10-Sep-2008, 11:46 AM
I haven't played the Resident Evil games in a long time.I'am going to start playing them again some time soon.

AcesandEights
10-Sep-2008, 02:47 PM
I really have to give the more recent Resident Evil games a look. This did bring back some great memories, though.

darth los
10-Sep-2008, 03:02 PM
I really have to give the more recent Resident Evil games a look. This did bring back some great memories, though.

It's amazing how far graphics have come as well. I remember vividly playing RE2 and saying " This looks real"! :lol:

Danny
10-Sep-2008, 10:22 PM
Recently played the first two Resi's again and both games were an utter pleasure to revisit. Once you get used to the (now clumsy) controls, you'll be wowed by how they still stand up and how enjoyable they are to play 10-12 years later.

i found me copy i got years back of resi, complete with the back end of a mchine gun adn front end of a shotgun photoshopped together in the hands of a down syndrome chris redfeild on the cover, but my ps-one tv cables gone missing!:mad:

capncnut
11-Sep-2008, 01:02 AM
Actually the first thing I wanted to do upon completing the original Resident Evil was to load up the director's cut and see how much it actually differs.

Resident Evil 2 should either be played on PC or Dreamcast (same versions), both have updated graphics ala Gamecube version but with tons of unlockable extras (viewable models, galleries, memo's, etc) not present in the PSX version, Extreme Battle Mode, which is always fun and, of course Biohazard Mode.

Danny
11-Sep-2008, 01:15 AM
ive found the dreamcast (surprise, surprise) version of 2 and 3 the best, which is odd since other "tank" control games like tomb raider are unplayable on that damn thang'

and not one time i go by and put something on my horror games blog do i not wish i had a copy of resident evil 1.5 in my greasy mits.

capncnut
11-Sep-2008, 01:37 AM
ive found the dreamcast (surprise, surprise) version of 2 and 3 the best...
Well, that's because the DC was the best damn console that ever graced this mudball called Earth. And yeah, the DC RE2 and 3 are much better than the PSX versions by a long shot. Primarily because when you wanna know how much ammo you got left without having to hit the inventory, just look down at your controller with that 'lil LCD memory unit and you'll never get caught short again!

...and not one time i go by and put something on my horror games blog do i not wish i had a copy of resident evil 1.5 in my greasy mits.
Makes two of us, Hellz...

Danny
11-Sep-2008, 03:23 AM
yeah ,why no other company reused the vmu idea is beyond me, a little ipod like memory card in your controller giving you stats like your gamerscore on the menu, like your thermal energy in lost planet or stealth in splinter cel...man, that could work so well as a little extra.

ProfessorChaos
12-Sep-2008, 12:03 AM
yeah, re1.5 would've been the heat. i still remember finding the video as a hidden easter-egg on a playstation magazine disc.

i've gotta say that the most sh!t-your-pants moment in the series came during the original when the dogs bust in through the window. i dropped the controller it startled me so bad....what a killer game.

Bub666
12-Sep-2008, 03:41 AM
and not one time i go by and put something on my horror games blog do i not wish i had a copy of resident evil 1.5 in my greasy mits.

Me too.

darth los
12-Sep-2008, 04:07 PM
Anybody have that that link to the 1.5 video?

capncnut
12-Sep-2008, 07:30 PM
QXnymHTvHrE&feature=related

MikePizzoff
12-Sep-2008, 07:43 PM
That office part at roughly 1:30 was used in, I believe it was, Resident Evil 0.

Tricky
12-Sep-2008, 10:33 PM
The first & third game were the best,the second was ok,didnt like any of the others.

That sequence in the first game where you come across the first zombie stands out for me as the creepiest,and reading the diaries was creepy as well...

MikePizzoff
12-Sep-2008, 11:23 PM
Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Tasty.

Bub666
13-Sep-2008, 02:05 AM
The first & third game were the best,the second was ok,didnt like any of the others.

I thought the second game was a little too long,but I still loved it.

Tricky
13-Sep-2008, 09:25 AM
I thought the second game was a little too long,but I still loved it.

yeah,the only thing i didnt like was when it turned out the secret umbrella lab was a huge underground thing under most of the city!like the public wouldnt have noticed it being built...:rolleyes: thats where the resi games went wrong in my opinion,making out the umbrella company was big enough to be a new world order or something, with ridiculous camp or eccentric characters running it that always end up mutating into some pulsating mass of tentacles.They should have kept it low key like in the first game

capncnut
13-Sep-2008, 10:23 AM
At least someone was reading those notes. :D

Danny
13-Sep-2008, 04:22 PM

now,see, if the rep system WAS still in effect that would make yours go way up for a kick as reference.