PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy 2

Neil
10-Sep-2008, 09:47 AM
What a great follow up :)

The visuals were just gobsmacking! Very inventive!

Shame the twist was so obvious. The moment Princess Nuala's nose bled I new what the ending was going to be... Too obvious!
Looking forward to no. 3 :)

Bub666
10-Sep-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah,Hellboy 2 was a good sequel.

MoonSylver
10-Sep-2008, 10:27 PM
Just saw it about a week ago myself & was rightly impressed. Every bit as good as the first. Lots of fun.

bassman
11-Sep-2008, 12:02 AM
Never saw this one on the big screen. I enjoyed the first film when I saw it on the tube, but that's probably the reason I didn't see the sequel on the big screen. The original was interesting, but I felt like it was kind of generic. Del Toro has made several other films that are better, imo.

clanglee
11-Sep-2008, 02:32 AM
I liked it, but I found it kind of bare. I guess sandwiched between Ironman and DarkKnight, it just suffered from a less intruiging script.

Neil
11-Sep-2008, 07:33 AM
I liked it, but I found it kind of bare. I guess sandwiched between Ironman and DarkKnight, it just suffered from a less intruiging script.

Sandwiched between Ironman and DarkKnight sounds like a good place :)

clanglee
12-Sep-2008, 03:18 AM

You dirty dirty man!! :p

Bub666
12-Sep-2008, 03:19 AM

:stunned:

Neil
12-Sep-2008, 08:18 AM

Not in a gay way :o

clanglee
13-Sep-2008, 03:00 AM

Lucky Neil in the Middle!!!

Oh admit it Neil, you have a thing for billionare playboys who use technology to fight crime.

Bub666
13-Sep-2008, 03:10 AM

Sure.not in a gay way.;)

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jan-2009, 06:13 PM

Thats what they all say when they hide in the closet.

I liked Hellboy 2. Just finished watching it on Blu-Gay. The visuals were top notch, I will give Del Toro one thing, his a very very visual person. A+ stuff when it came to the troll market and the Golden Army temple.

bassman
11-Jan-2009, 07:08 PM
I recently gave it another viewing and as DJ said...his visuals are definitely awesome. Other than that, I still found it to be dull for the most part. It was entertaining, but didn't have much staying power.

That being said...I love Del Toro's work. I just expected something of more substance....

Danny
11-Jan-2009, 08:27 PM
iive said i love the hellboy comics as much as bassman is gay for ghostbusters...which he should really get printed on a coffee mug, -i got this as my first blu-ray and overall i think it lacked substance but i loved it, del toros my favorite filmmaker, the mix of fairytale and steampunk he does is beautiful, plus ron pearlman is spot on as hellboy, his scene with abe were they drink beer and sing was priceless. i cant wait for 3 myself bring it on.

AcesandEights
11-Jan-2009, 09:36 PM
Still have yet to see this bad boy. I'm not that excited about it despite having really enjoyed the original.

bassman
11-Jan-2009, 11:50 PM
iive said i love the hellboy comics as much as bassman is gay for ghostbusters...which he should really get printed on a coffee mug, -i got this as my first blu-ray and overall i think it lacked substance but i loved it, del toros my favorite filmmaker, the mix of fairytale and steampunk he does is beautiful, plus ron pearlman is spot on as hellboy, his scene with abe were they drink beer and sing was priceless. i cant wait for 3 myself bring it on.

I need a mug that says "Gay 4 GB".:lol:

Speaking of Pearlman...have you seen the recent commercials in which he's in a corporate meeting as the hellboy character? I can't remember, but I think it was for some kind of tv service. Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny...