PDA

View Full Version : al franken is running for the senate...

Mike70
10-Sep-2008, 08:46 PM
he is the official democratic nominee in minnesota. this election year just keeps getting more odd by the second...

Franken Running For Senator

10 September 2008 12:02 AM, PDT

Comedian Al Franken is running for a U.S. Senator seat in Minnesota after winning the Democratic nomination on Tuesday.

The former Saturday Night Live star beat six opponents, taking 66 per cent of the public vote in the state's primary election.

Franken will face current Republican Senator Norm Coleman and Independence Party candidate Dean Barkley in the November election.

alrighty then.

clanglee
10-Sep-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah. . . what can you say about that? :confused:

Alrightly then pretty much sums it up. . .

major jay
10-Sep-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, you never know. They elected Jesse Ventura as Governor.
I hear They like their alcohol up there.

axlish
10-Sep-2008, 09:24 PM
I think he is an overly-negative windbag. He has the political relevance of Barbara Streisand.

bassman
10-Sep-2008, 09:36 PM
I can't help but think of Stuart...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/26407M~Stuart-Smalley-Posters.jpg

Mike70
10-Sep-2008, 11:10 PM
I think he is an overly-negative windbag. He has the political relevance of Barbara Streisand.

ouch. barbara streisand? i agree with you though. al is a loud mouthed lightweight who will most likely get devoured in place if he gets elected.

axlish
10-Sep-2008, 11:12 PM
I was going to say Jello Biafra but I like him too much.

I do think he is funny though. Smalley's Daily Affirmation was awesome. I also think Slash is awesome, but I wouldn't even allow him to balance my checkbook :)

AcesandEights
11-Sep-2008, 01:51 AM

Yup, that about sums it up. He is partisan to the bone and doesn't bring much aside from, as you said, negativity.

Bub666
11-Sep-2008, 02:37 AM

I agree 100%.

clanglee
11-Sep-2008, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I used to listen to his Radio show until I realised that he and people like Janine Garafalo were just as bad as Rush Limbaugh and the like on the innane windbag charts.

capncnut
11-Sep-2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I used to listen to his Radio show until I realised that he and people like Janine Garafalo were just as bad as Rush Limbaugh and the like on the innane windbag charts.
That's Janeane Garofalo and don't be talking about my sex bomb like that. :mad::D

clanglee
11-Sep-2008, 05:00 AM
Oh no, don't get me wrong. . I love the lady. I've had a crush on her for years and years. But in recent years her political rants have gotten very annoying.

Skippy911sc
11-Sep-2008, 01:46 PM
I like Al...

His book s are great and well written. I think he would make a fine addition to Washington...maybe be a little more honest (whatever that means) and bring some sense of change. (Had to add that at the end)