PDA

View Full Version : thoughts bout the "standard" 360 release?

acealive1
11-Sep-2008, 12:11 AM
i think its what shoulda been out at the launch. MOST people dont care for downloadable content anyway. they want to buy memory cards,games and beer and play madden 09 :elol::elol:

the 360 just became attractive for me because i do not need a 50 gig hard drive.

Danny
11-Sep-2008, 12:16 AM
its been coming with a 12 gig one and a core one without and just memory cards for years now....

acealive1
11-Sep-2008, 12:29 AM
its been coming with a 12 gig one and a core one without and just memory cards for years now....

this new one is $199 and has no hard drive which is what im speaking of

Danny
11-Sep-2008, 12:37 AM
its not "new" though, its just a slight variation on what theyve been selling for years at a slight price drop, but i know stores when you can get a premium, with the hard drive and wireless controllers and whatnot for the same price as a wii. why you wouldn't want it when its the same price is beyond me, its not just content but games off live arcade, and some games have been unplayable till a patch. if its just and extra why would you be set against it?

CoinReturn
11-Sep-2008, 12:49 AM
$199 is an incredible value for the 360. If your in it just for the games, then there's no reason why you shouldn't own one, it's $50 less than Wii! It comes with 5 full XBLA games too, Pac Man Championship Edition included.

Plus you get a 512MB memory card, plenty of space for a few arcade games along with your game saves. It's a great deal no matter how you cut it.

slickwilly13
11-Sep-2008, 12:52 AM
Dude, save up for the Pro or the Elite. Seriously. By the time you save up, the price will drop. MS has already discussed a major price drop on the 20G and 120G HDs.

MikePizzoff
11-Sep-2008, 12:57 AM
i think its what shoulda been out at the launch. MOST people dont care for downloadable content anyway. they want to buy memory cards,games and beer and play madden 09 :elol::elol:

the 360 just became attractive for me because i do not need a 50 gig hard drive.

:rockbrow: Hm? They've been selling models of the 360 without the hard drive, for cheaper, since the system launched...

clanglee
11-Sep-2008, 01:01 AM
Is XBOX playing Blueray yet? Or is that still just the Playstation?

MikePizzoff
11-Sep-2008, 01:11 AM
Is XBOX playing Blueray yet? Or is that still just the Playstation?

Just the PS3. 360 has an [upgrade] HD DVD drive, though... I'm pretty sure it's really cheap now.

Danny
11-Sep-2008, 01:20 AM
the hd dvd drive for the 360 is £25 in my local gamestation with 5 h- (look and sound of perfect aye?) -d-dvd's free with it and hmv has removed it from the stores near me. not that i cared about one nor the other because dvd still does it for me but i think its safe to say the funeral march is getting into a full, albiet sombre, swing for hd-dvd.

SymphonicX
11-Sep-2008, 08:36 AM
I sold my xbox HD DVD player about a month before Toshiba announced that HD DVD was dead....bonus! Couldn't have timed that better...and for a month I really regretted it, but not now! Now I have DOTD on blu-ray....mwahahaha

I have an elite console, I bloody love it. I have ripped a ton of CDs onto the harddrive and now I don't have to listen to that pretty-boy w*nk rock ****e on games like Burnout Paradise...I've also downloaded a ton of games and demos, just played the new star wars demo which looks promising, even from me (who hates star wars), it's 905mb so quite hefty...definitely worth having the hard drive.

I convinced my mate to shell out the extra 40 quid for the premium version and he's bloody glad he did!!