PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Zombies?

Doc
14-Sep-2008, 05:25 AM
For me it will always be the Night of the Living Dead zombies. Those mofos are freaking scare!:eek:

I could never take Dawn's blue zombies seriously and Day...well...I guess they are a close second just because of how aggressive and strong they are. But are missing some of the creepiness The Night zombies had.

As for Land and Diary I ain't saying nothing.:confused:

3pidemiC
14-Sep-2008, 06:24 AM
I voted for Day. The zombies in that film just seem so aggrivated. They were out for blood and wanted nothing more than to tear someone to shreds.

MaximusIncredulous
14-Sep-2008, 06:41 AM
Day. Foul, savage, hideous, hellish creatures. Monsters through and through.

Bub666
14-Sep-2008, 01:35 PM
I voted for day.

EvilNed
14-Sep-2008, 04:09 PM
I vote for Night, the original. Because they're not lumbering slow like in Dawn, they can trek up quite a (realistic, for a zombie) pace. And they're just scary.

After Night comes Day, of course. The zombies in Day are driven by one fierce instinct, and you can tell they just want to feed, feed, feed.

Dawn's zombies are a bit too comical and weak. Land's zombies are too "nice" once they round up around Big Daddy. I guess Diary would be third.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2008, 04:22 PM
Day for me.

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2008, 04:40 PM
Day - easy peasy.

Best make-up f/x in the entire series, they all look really rotted and foul and stinky, plus they're quite violent and aggressive sometimes, they have haunting moans, and there's an air of desperation about them too.

They've been stuck in my head since I first ever saw Day back when I was 14. :cool:

MikePizzoff
14-Sep-2008, 04:48 PM
As Nick said, Day because the make-up is f'in top notch.

Mutineer
14-Sep-2008, 05:11 PM
I went with DAY

The Dawn zombies always were to clowny for me (The makeup). The Day one's were nasty nasty nasty

lullubelle
14-Sep-2008, 11:09 PM
Original Night zombies are the scariest because with some you dont notice till they are to close to know if they are zombies, so if you are not careful, you are dinner.

Danny
14-Sep-2008, 11:37 PM
im inclined to say the ones which used machine guns myself.:lol:

Bub666
15-Sep-2008, 12:55 AM
The Dawn zombies always were to clowny for me (The makeup).

I agree.

Skippy911sc
15-Sep-2008, 02:16 PM
I voted Dawn...2 reasons:

1-the Harri-Krishna Zed and
2-Steven Zombie

Both were cool and the Krishna was very scarey part of the film.

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2008, 02:25 PM
Day zombies were fierce (and not like a fashionista)! Also the lingering threat that some rudimentary intelligence was evident in one specimen coupled with the zeds strength and, by then, seemingly world-spanning numbers always made Day's zombies very scary. Plus, you can't mess with that make up, it was incredibly well done.

bassman
15-Sep-2008, 02:26 PM
im inclined to say the ones which used machine guns myself.:lol:

I honestly considered it.:shifty:

darth los
15-Sep-2008, 04:02 PM
Days Zombies. There's not even a close second. GAR even said he didn't consider dawn to be scary but likened the film to a " wild roller coaster ride ".

major jay
16-Sep-2008, 01:18 AM
Original Night zombies are the scariest because with some you dont notice till they are to close to know if they are zombies, so if you are not careful, you are dinner.

Agreed.

fulci fan
16-Sep-2008, 02:28 AM
In my opinion, the scariest zombies are Fulci's zombies hands down . Day had the scariest zombies in Romero's films.

bd2999
16-Sep-2008, 02:32 AM
Night has the ones that look most like the neighbors sort of situation and that is what I find creepy the most. I think Dawn did well with that too but went a bit different direction that took away from that feel.

I think Days zombies were really creepy and great looking, but I just found them to not be as realistic, IMO. Although when I first watched it I was not really taking into account the fact that they had been through more ware and tare since it occured at least (depending on who you talk to and the day of the week) up to a year after the dead rising. I think they are great looking though, but they did not have the lingering creepiness to me.

clanglee
16-Sep-2008, 02:38 AM
I gotta join the herd on this one. Day has the best and scariest zombies of all time. No doubt. Followed by Night. The OZ (original zombie).

Dillinger
16-Sep-2008, 03:24 PM
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The scariest zombies were from Nights of Terror (Burial Ground).

BUT as far as Romero zombies are concerned, the zombies in NOTLD were the scariest, especially the Cooper's daughter.

darth los
16-Sep-2008, 03:28 PM
She might definitely be the creepiest but not the scariest. On that note the girl who played her in the remake was much better.

RustyHicks
16-Sep-2008, 04:09 PM
I would have to say Day for me, although Night isn't that far behind.
The makeup in Day made the zombies look more realistic while in Night,
since it was a black and white film, the zombies just looked creepy.
When you see Night in the colourized version they just don't seem
so scary anymore

darth los
16-Sep-2008, 04:23 PM
I would have to say Day for me, although Night isn't that far behind.
The makeup in Day made the zombies look more realistic while in Night,
since it was a black and white film, the zombies just looked creepy.
When you see Night in the colourized version they just don't seem
so scary anymore

Perhaps the black and white enhanced their "deadness" by making them more pale. Or... Maybe it's the fact that they can jog after you that pushes them over the top !! :lol::lol::p

EvilNed
16-Sep-2008, 04:49 PM
Perhaps the black and white enhanced their "deadness" by making them more pale. Or... Maybe it's the fact that they can jog after you that pushes them over the top !! :lol::lol::p

Or the fact that in the colorized version they are green.

darth los
16-Sep-2008, 06:27 PM
Or the fact that in the colorized version they are green.

That's what detracted from Dawn's zombies, imo. The make up sorta looks like some kind of halloween cover up you use on kids to make them look like dracula. In only a couple of instances such as the airport zombie was more than a token effort given to make them look menacing.

fulci fan
17-Sep-2008, 12:43 AM
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The scariest zombies were from Nights of Terror (Burial Ground).

BUT as far as Romero zombies are concerned, the zombies in NOTLD were the scariest, especially the Cooper's daughter.

I totally agree with you. Burial Ground's zombies are great.

clanglee
17-Sep-2008, 01:17 AM
Seriously?

http://www.ilcancello.com/LOCANDINE%20E%20FILM/FOTOFILM/zombi%20horror1.jpg

Ok then. . . to each his own.

But I will admit. . .this dude was scary as hell!!!

http://www.goshzilla.com/screens/peterbark3.jpg

horrormad
17-Sep-2008, 07:48 AM
This Is the scariest zombie In my opinion.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/wickedsensation/ZombieFlesh-EatersZombi3.jpg

If I have to pick from the GAR series I would go with
Dawn.

AcesandEights
17-Sep-2008, 02:23 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/wickedsensation/ZombieFlesh-EatersZombi3.jpg

If I have to pick from the GAR series I would go with
Dawn.

You see, to me, Fulci zombies aren't that scary compared to (most) GAR zeds, because they lack that humanity. I like that stark, mirror-like reflection that GAR's zombies have. Now, some can get pretty inhuman looking, but for the most part there is an animus at work when you look at them and, most importantly, when they look back at you.

Granted, I have very limited experience with Fulci zombies...

Bub666
17-Sep-2008, 03:15 PM

This movie wasn't really scary to me,but it is a great movie.

horrormad
17-Sep-2008, 03:18 PM
This movie wasn't really scary to me,but it is a great movie.

It not the movie that was scary It was the zombs example the zombie on the boat In the beginning of the movie and the one I posted.

Bub666
17-Sep-2008, 03:20 PM
It not the movie that was scary It was the zombs example the zombie on the boat In the beginning of the movie and the one I posted.

Yeah,those two were really good.

EvilNed
17-Sep-2008, 03:26 PM
I totally agree with you. Burial Ground's zombies are great.

I won't say that Burial Grounds zombies are the scariest, but I do agree they are very eerie. Not great make-up, sure, but man. The music and mood in that otherwise hilarious film really makes those zombies stand out. There's just something about them that wreaks "Doom!".

Mike70
17-Sep-2008, 03:51 PM
day. easily, really no contest in my book. *slips into comicbook guy voice* best. zombies. ever.
*no longer channelling*

jesus, even helen keller could get this one.

i mean c'mon, the zombies in dawn are little more than poorly made up extras. they don't have even a fraction of the flair and pizzazz of the respiratorily challenged folks in day.

i will give honorable mention to the zombies in night68. they were creepy fo' sure.

darth los
17-Sep-2008, 04:00 PM
I agree that fulci's zombies lacked "humanity". We have to remember, Savini, was quoted as saying that their ghouls were dead people not zombies. That's a very important distinction. Someone stated earlier that the ghouls in NOTLD could be confused for a neighbor and that's spot on. Fulci's zombies look like a fake costume with little or no movement in the facial region. Just take a mask, add a few worms and maggots and VUALA!!

It's also interesting to note that there was a solid 10 year gap between NOTLD and DOTD with no mention of the word zombie. The first time it was ever uttered was by peter in the midst of the biker raid. " With those bay doors open there's gonna be a thousand zombies in here. That'll take the heat off us". So i guess GAR has always had a vision of what "zombies" should be.

MaximusIncredulous
17-Sep-2008, 04:08 PM
You see, to me, Fulci zombies aren't that scary compared to (most) GAR zeds, because they lack that humanity. I like that stark, mirror-like reflection that GAR's zombies have. Now, some can get pretty inhuman looking, but for the most part there is an animus at work when you look at them and, most importantly, when they look back at you.

That always bugged me too. With Romero's zombies, you can actually get a sense of what these people were, or try to imagine what they were, before they became undead. They have a human history and that's such a big help in drawing the viewer into that universe and making it believable. With Fulci's undead they all seem so generic in a Voodoo sense and are very bland without any human background feel whatsoever.

darth los
17-Sep-2008, 04:37 PM
That always bugged me too. With Romero's zombies, you can actually get a sense of what these people were, or try to imagine what they were, before they became undead. They have a human history and that's such a big help in drawing the viewer into that universe and making it believable. With Fulci's undead they all seem so generic in a Voodoo sense and are very bland without any human background feel whatsoever.

Well put sir. :thumbsup:

day. easily, really no contest in my book. *slips into comicbook guy voice* best. zombies. ever.
*no longer channelling*

i mean c'mon, the zombies in dawn are little more than poorly made up extras. they don't have even a fraction of the flair and pizzazz of the respiratorily challenged folks in day.

i will give honorable mention to the zombies in night68. they were creepy fo' sure.

Imo, another thing that made the night ghouls creepy is that they truly seemed dead. It was an ordeal for them just to move around. Like when Barbara is sitting in the chair there's a ghoul creeping up behind her that she fails to notice. ben takes him down but you got the feeling that it was struggling to get to her.

One of the scariest moments and best pieces of cinematography I've ever seen was in NOTLD when ben bashes a ghoul who's trying to get through the door in the face. The ghoul backs off stunned. He takes up the whole frame but he backs up and we see about 6 or 7 ghouls there to take his place. Classic stuff.

SRP76
17-Sep-2008, 06:50 PM
I see nothing scary about the zombies in Day. Being dead does NOT make you grow Romulan forehead ridges from a Star Trek episode, and make your teeth 5 times larger! Why do people keep saying that's "realistic"?!

Night and Dawn were the best for me, because they weren't all mutilated and looking like they'd been in the ocean for 12 years, like in most zombie films. They could pass for live people, except for how they move (and their eating habits, of course). Just like a real dead person that dies from something other than falling into a giant cheesegrater.

AcesandEights
17-Sep-2008, 07:23 PM
I see nothing scary about the zombies in Day. Being dead does NOT...make your teeth 5 times larger! Why do people keep saying that's "realistic"?!

I thought I'd read and heard various things about soft tissue, especially gums, shriveling and receding after death. This is thought to be one of the reasons grave-opening authorities over the centuries associated elongated canines and teeth with vampires. I also assumed that quite often the make up in Day was supposed to make the skin on the heads look as though it were dessicated, shriveling and tightening, thus explaining a more skull-like appearance.

I gotcha though...those Dawn deadies were so much more realistic:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/Blue%20Man%20Group.jpg

Oh, wait! My bad,I meant:

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/dawn-of-the-dead-zombies-in-doorway-small.jpg

Yup, very realistic looking :)

clanglee
17-Sep-2008, 07:59 PM

Exactly!!

Italian zombies are usually rubber masks(of the spencer's gifts variety) with some worms thrown on it. Put on a shroud, torn clothes, or some old armor and Wham!!! Italian Zombie. I don't hate Fulchi. I quite like some of his movies. But those stupid ass conquistador zombies at the end of Zombi, that just sat up out of 1.5 inches of dirt after being "burried" there for hundreds of years. . . . come on. And then the idiot heros fire like 100 shots and never hit their heads? :annoyed:

Romero's zombies are people. You can see that. They look almost normal. And then they come after you. Way creepier.

EvilNed
17-Sep-2008, 08:15 PM
I see nothing scary about the zombies in Day. Being dead does NOT make you grow Romulan forehead ridges from a Star Trek episode, and make your teeth 5 times larger! Why do people keep saying that's "realistic"?!

Klingon! Not romulan. Geez.

fulci fan
17-Sep-2008, 11:19 PM
Exactly!!

Italian zombies are usually rubber masks(of the spencer's gifts variety) with some worms thrown on it. Put on a shroud, torn clothes, or some old armor and Wham!!! Italian Zombie. I don't hate Fulchi. I quite like some of his movies. But those stupid ass conquistador zombies at the end of Zombi, that just sat up out of 1.5 inches of dirt after being "burried" there for hundreds of years. . . . come on. And then the idiot heros fire like 100 shots and never hit their heads? :annoyed:

The zombies in Zombi 2 were made with clay and latex. Savini could never take clay and latex and make what Gianetto De Rossi did . Also, the effects in Zombi 2 are much better than in Dawn.

clanglee
17-Sep-2008, 11:37 PM
The zombies in Zombi 2 were made with clay and latex. Savini could never take clay and latex and make what Gianetto De Rossi did . Also, the effects in Zombi 2 are much better than in Dawn.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

. . . . . . oh

. . . . oh wait. . . you're serious?!?!

capncnut
17-Sep-2008, 11:44 PM
While I disagree with fulci fan's comment on FX, I have to say that the zombies in Zombi 2/ZFE are a lot scarier than Romero's. Those mashed-up, swaying, closed-eyed ghouls were quite horrific I thought.

darth los
18-Sep-2008, 12:15 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

. . . . . . oh

. . . . oh wait. . . you're serious?!?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi five !!:thumbsup:

fulci fan
18-Sep-2008, 12:40 AM
The bites are better, the eye gouging scene is one of the best effects ever, and the blood looks much better. See for yourself (by the way, I love Dawn).

http://elcinequenosgusta.nireblog.com/blogs/elcinequenosgusta/files/zombi2.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/toetagger/graver/Dawn08.jpg

http://home.clara.net/raydav/zombieflesh1.jpg

http://www.cemp.ac.uk/communities/interactivemedia/images/105.jpg

http://www.goozlepipe.com/images/zombies/zombie_conquistador.png

clanglee
18-Sep-2008, 12:41 AM
Bah, I never found Italian zombies all that scary. The mood that italian horror brings, however, is quite scary. Fulchi and the lot are very good at making their movies appear dreamlike and nightmarish.

Oh yeah. . the eye gouge scene is great. But most of Fulchi's zombies are more mummies than zombies.

fulci fan
18-Sep-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, you are totally correct. Italians could also take little money and make great films.

Fulci not Fulchi ;)

clanglee
18-Sep-2008, 01:09 AM
Bah. . .needed an H. . so I added one.

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2008, 01:24 AM
Italians could also take little money and make great films.

Fulci not Fulchi ;)

Fulcheap then, perhaps? :p

I kid. I kid.

Bub666
18-Sep-2008, 03:12 AM

:lol::lol::lol:
That was just wrong.

clanglee
18-Sep-2008, 06:04 AM
Fulcheap then, perhaps? :p

I kid. I kid.

:lol::lol::lol::stunned:. . . . :lol::lol::lol:

darth los
18-Sep-2008, 03:23 PM
Fulci's Zombie came out at a time where splatter films were in their golden age. You hardly see movies like that Anymore. Or even in the mold of Friday the 13th where you get a full on view of a knife being rammed into someone's skull. I don't even think a movie like that would get the green light now days.

Mike70
18-Sep-2008, 03:57 PM
While I disagree with fulci fan's comment on FX, I have to say that the zombies in Zombi 2/ZFE are a lot scarier than Romero's. Those mashed-up, swaying, closed-eyed ghouls were quite horrific I thought.

i cannot take fulci seriously. to me the guy was a gianormous hack. i have never enjoyed any of the his movies and consider them to be among the lowest forms of horror crap in my opinion.

darth los
18-Sep-2008, 05:19 PM
i cannot take fulci seriously. to me the guy was a gianormous hack. i have never enjoyed any of the his movies and consider them to be among the lowest forms of horror crap in my opinion.

DuDe, tell us how you really feel. :sneaky:

EvilNed
18-Sep-2008, 09:16 PM

For most of the time, I have to agree. Gianetti di Rossi's stuff is usually better than Savini's. Zombie 2's gore effects are definetly better than Dawn's. However, Day's effects are probably the best there'll ever be.

MaximusIncredulous
19-Sep-2008, 01:00 AM
The bites are better, the eye gouging scene is one of the best effects ever, and the blood looks much better. See for yourself (by the way, I love Dawn).

http://elcinequenosgusta.nireblog.com/blogs/elcinequenosgusta/files/zombi2.jpg

http://home.clara.net/raydav/zombieflesh1.jpg

On a side note, I wonder why Mrs. EyeStick never revived? Must've been hours before she was discovered.

DawnGirl27
19-Sep-2008, 01:27 AM
I agree that Fulci's zombies are more like mummies and therefore not too scary. Of GAR's movies I choose Day, hands down. Though Dawn's my favorite movie, the zombies weren't scary at all, and the makeup none too convincing. Day zombies had kick butt makeup, some good moaning, and aggressiveness that made them good and creepy. Two thumbs up! :p

Bub666
19-Sep-2008, 02:16 AM
On a side note, I wonder why Mrs. EyeStick never revived? Must've been hours before she was discovered.

They may have simply not shown her revive,so they could keep the story going without slowing it down.

MaximusIncredulous
19-Sep-2008, 02:26 AM
They may have simply not shown her revive,so they could keep the story going without slowing it down.

What I actually meant was the time between her initial attack and when she was discovered by the characters later in the film. It seemed to be few hours at least. She should've revived. Then again the cop at the beginning took quite a while to revive as well. Weird.

Bub666
19-Sep-2008, 02:45 AM
What I actually meant was the time between her initial attack and when she was discovered by the characters later in the film. It seemed to be few hours at least. She should've revived. Then again the cop at the beginning took quite a while to revive as well. Weird.

I guess in that movie it takes awhile to revive.

clanglee
19-Sep-2008, 03:32 AM
For most of the time, I have to agree. Gianetti di Rossi's stuff is usually better than Savini's. Zombie 2's gore effects are definetly better than Dawn's. However, Day's effects are probably the best there'll ever be.

I don't think I'd even go so far as to say usually. Savini really matured as an SFX artist and he became one of the undisputed masters. Granted, Dawn wasn't great. But it was a start for Savini. Look what he became. . .

Besides. . my problem with the Zeds in Zombi isn't really a special effects issue so much as an aesthetic issue. The zombies in Zombi were stiff, dry, brittle things. I have a problem with something 400 years old being able to move period. Granted they did move stiffly and slowly. But how is that scary? it looked like you could just blow on them and they would turn to dust.

slickwilly13
19-Sep-2008, 04:34 AM
Day had the best zombies, imo. Aggressive, strong, and nasty looking. Rhodes has the best death scene of the entire series.

Btw, most of Fulci's movies do not make sense. So, I won't let that spoil the movies. Try making sense out of The Beyond. Its a gorefest, so I take it for what it is.

EvilNed
19-Sep-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't think I'd even go so far as to say usually. Savini really matured as an SFX artist and he became one of the undisputed masters. Granted, Dawn wasn't great. But it was a start for Savini. Look what he became. . .

Becoming one of the undisputed masters doesn't mean you're THE undisputed master. Gianetti di Rossi and Tom Savini both equally impress me. Savini did the best ever effects job on Day, but Rossi impressed me move overall. In most films, his effects were the better ones, IMO.

Besides. . my problem with the Zeds in Zombi isn't really a special effects issue so much as an aesthetic issue. The zombies in Zombi were stiff, dry, brittle things. I have a problem with something 400 years old being able to move period. Granted they did move stiffly and slowly. But how is that scary? it looked like you could just blow on them and they would turn to dust.

Kinda wierd how you can accept zombies, but not a 400 years old one. :p

clanglee
19-Sep-2008, 08:31 AM
Becoming one of the undisputed masters doesn't mean you're THE undisputed master. Gianetti di Rossi and Tom Savini both equally impress me. Savini did the best ever effects job on Day, but Rossi impressed me move overall. In most films, his effects were the better ones, IMO.

Your opinion. . .However after looking over the body of work. . Gianetti di Rossi does have more Make-up films under his belt. The makeup in Zombie still sux tho. :p

Kinda wierd how you can accept zombies, but not a 400 years old one. :p

How could a 400 year old zombie physically get around? there could not possibly be any muscle mass left. It's nothing but stiff mumified remains. Come on don't be cheap and pull that old argument. Why do I have to accept everything just because I accept the zombie as a general believable?

horrormad
19-Sep-2008, 09:56 AM
The zombie that really scared me when I was a kid was the one from Return of the living dead.

http://badazzmofo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/rotld3.jpg

clanglee
19-Sep-2008, 09:58 AM
The zombie that really scared me when I was a kid was the one from Return of the living dead.

Yeah, that one got me too.

horrormad
19-Sep-2008, 10:02 AM
Return of the living dead was a great zombie movie I think it the only running zombie movie i like.

Bub666
19-Sep-2008, 11:10 AM
Return of the living dead was a great zombie movie I think it the only running zombie movie i like.

I agree,thats the only running zombie movie that I love.

Trin
19-Sep-2008, 03:19 PM
Return of the Living Dead - proof that neither running zombies nor intelligent zombies are new twists!!

I hated that movie. Hated. But then I didn't realize it wasn't a Romero movie when I rented it.

darth los
19-Sep-2008, 03:27 PM
had kick butt makeup, some good moaning, and aggressiveness

Sounds like a woman I used to date...:rolleyes:

Perhaps it was because she was impaled through the eye deep enough to significantly damage the brain.

Very well put.

Tarman was indeed THE man.:thumbsup:

fulci fan
20-Sep-2008, 04:12 AM
Day had the best zombies, imo. Aggressive, strong, and nasty looking. Rhodes has the best death scene of the entire series.

Btw, most of Fulci's movies do not make sense. So, I won't let that spoil the movies. Try making sense out of The Beyond. Its a gorefest, so I take it for what it is.

A lot of Fulci's films were written by Dardano Sacchetti, who loved to explore different dimensions in his screenplays. Fulci's films leave the viewer to interpret what is going on rather than putting everything in front of you. This is why people (mostly Americans) do not like his films.

RustyHicks
20-Sep-2008, 04:25 PM
Could never get into Fulci's zombi movie, grant it, the make up was impressive,
just that the zombies were more like mummies. I like the zombies in Romero's
movie, you know they were once human and not too long ago, you kind of feel
sorry for them because you see what they once were eg: the baseball player
in the mall drooling over Franny and the zombie carrying around a toaster.
In Day the make up was a lot better and they looked like people who had been
eaten by zombies or killed, instead of the zombies from Dawn who looked like
they just died with no trauma and came back.
ROTLD did have some great zombies though, that Tar man was great

DawnGirl27
21-Sep-2008, 04:53 PM
:stunned: So, Darth, what made you break up? The makeup come off and you saw the real face? The moaning make your ears ring? The aggressiveness too tiring? Ah, the parallels between zombies and real life......:D

Bub666
21-Sep-2008, 04:55 PM
:stunned: So, Darth, what made you break up? The makeup come off and you saw the real face? The moaning make your ears ring? The aggressiveness too tiring? Ah, the parallels between zombies and real life......:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Yojimbo
21-Sep-2008, 05:33 PM
To me the ghouls in NOLD 78 are the scariest, but that could be because it was the first "zombie" film I saw and as a little kid it freaked me out.

The ghouls in DAWN were pretty silly looking, with the exception of zombie nurse, which also gave me major nightmares at the time. I later met Sharon, Clayton Hill's wife (the sweater/escalator zombie) at a convention and told her this and she gave me a hug!

I agree that the conquistador zombies in ZOMBIE: WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!, while they were disgusting with all the mud and worms, are kind of ridiculous. Suspension of disbelief or not, skeletal remains held together by mummified flesh (which, BTW, would not be mummified after having been buried in the wet soil of the tropics) would not pose much of a threat if they were to revive.

Fulcifan91
22-Sep-2008, 03:01 PM
Easily day for me, not nessicerily scarey to me, but they're the ones I like the most.

fulci fan
22-Sep-2008, 06:33 PM
^^^
fruitcake.

EvilNed
22-Sep-2008, 07:15 PM
Your opinion. . .

Well, duh, who's else's would it be?

How could a 400 year old zombie physically get around? there could not possibly be any muscle mass left. It's nothing but stiff mumified remains. Come on don't be cheap and pull that old argument. Why do I have to accept everything just because I accept the zombie as a general believable?

No, but I was never, ever bothered by it. Because I walk into it expecting a zombie movie, and zombie movies generally demand a HUUUUGE suspension of disbelief. I could just say "don't pull that argument" right back at ya, because nobody ever (seriously) complained about spider-man breaking the laws of physics. You can't possibly get a distaste for a zombiefilm because one of the corpses that revives is a bit too old...

clanglee
22-Sep-2008, 08:25 PM
You can't possibly get a distaste for a zombiefilm because one of the corpses that revives is a bit too old...

Yes I can too!!!:p They were old weak feeble and thus. . . . . Not scary too me.