PDA

View Full Version : Harry Enfield - 'Clarkson Island'

Tricky
14-Sep-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry to our americans but you wont get this,however the brits will :D

DMuO-8S_0Wg

saw it on tv the other night & thought it was hilarious!

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2008, 11:02 AM
As it is a lot of the time with these sketch shows, they can be very hit & miss - however, that skit was definitely a HIT alright.

As a massive Top Gear fan (who has also read a few of Clarkson's books), I found it hilarious. :D

When The Stig comes out to shepherd the asylum seeking Clarksons into a pen, I had the biggest grin on my face - for one reason, The Stig rocks! :)

Danny
14-Sep-2008, 12:31 PM
great sketch but the chocolatier pimp always cracks me up the most.

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2008, 04:31 PM
The builders always crack me up, switching to traditional mode with cat-calls at women, before switching back to highly-intelligent voices and appreciation for complex politics and the opera etc. :D

That weird thing with a seaside B&B all done in black and white like some sort of odd horror movie from the 50s with Paul reciting a series of perverted-sounding confectionary names to Harry as the stiff landlady was actually quite funny too, didn't like it much last week with the other list of odd names, but this week I liked it quite a bit.

The Clarkson thing was awesome though - "in the world..." :D

Craig
14-Sep-2008, 09:30 PM
I already think I prefer this series to Ruddy Hell, don't get me wrong Ruddy Hell was good, but I just think I'm finding this one funnier already. Loved this sketch of course.

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2008, 11:31 PM
I already think I prefer this series to Ruddy Hell, don't get me wrong Ruddy Hell was good, but I just think I'm finding this one funnier already. Loved this sketch of course.
It's pretty much just a second series of Ruddy Hell, though ... so, aye.

They've carried over some of the sketches, and ditched some (although they could have done with ditching the Polish cafe) ... but "I Saw You Coming" as well as "Modern Wank" are both class, as are the builders. :D

Danny
14-Sep-2008, 11:34 PM
not liking the surgeons myself no reason, just dont laugh at them.

i call it lee evans syndrome.

Craig
14-Sep-2008, 11:56 PM
It's pretty much just a second series of Ruddy Hell, though ... so, aye.

They've carried over some of the sketches, and ditched some (although they could have done with ditching the Polish cafe) ... but "I Saw You Coming" as well as "Modern Wank" are both class, as are the builders. :D
Oh no I like the Polish Cafe, dunno why it just always makes me smile and giggle... and yes it is basically the second series, but since it's not called Ruddy Hell I just distinguish the two like that.

As for the doctors, I dunno, not laugh out loud most of it but I still don't mind the characters. I especially liked the '40, 45 years' bit in the last episode.

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2008, 10:03 AM
Ugh ... Lee Evans is f*cking hilarious Senoir Jadery. :rolleyes::D

As for the doctors, I don't like that sketch either - HOWEVER - the whole "40 ... 45 years" thing had me chuckling heartily after they'd taken it so far that it was funny. :p

Tricky
16-Sep-2008, 05:30 PM
Lee evans is funny,when i was in magaluf a couple of weeks back they were playing his DVD's on big screens outside some of the bars,it was great!sat in blazing spanish heat with a cold beer & british comedy :D

I like the armstrong & miller show too,theres some gems on that,like the "jane austen" dances where they always come out with some filthy quip in georgian style language (like last week "Mr gosling is blessed with a sword that left me walking like an orphan with ricketts!" :lol: ) or the world war 2 RAF pilots that talk like modern teenagers
by33gZv8_BA

MinionZombie
16-Sep-2008, 05:45 PM
hehe, yeah again with Armstrong & Miller it's a case of a mixed bag. Some sketches are sh*te, some are pure genius - and the "blud" talking WW2 RAF guys is such an example of them at their hilarious best.

Those two blokes who sing dirty songs too is quite good too. :D

Sometimes sketches that aren't so funny, play better when viewing with other people, but I often view such shows alone, so I guess that lowers the funny factor a bit.

Like the show was funnier when it was originally on last year around October/November time, me and a mate went to Brizzle for Guy Fawkes to see some friends up there and we watched a couple of episodes of that off their Virgin Media in their flat and it was instantly funnier - and as a result, the themetune to Armstrong & Miller is now embedded in my mind as the themetune to that weekend. :)

The weekend I sprained-the-f*ck out of my left ankle too.

Danny
16-Sep-2008, 06:53 PM
never dug that show, i preferred that mitchell and web look...if that is the one with the dudes from peepshow im thinking of.

Tricky
16-Sep-2008, 07:39 PM
never dug that show, i preferred that mitchell and web look...if that is the one with the dudes from peepshow im thinking of.

this was a good sketch on there :lol:

uK-kWRAVmRU

MinionZombie
16-Sep-2008, 08:56 PM
this was a good sketch on there :lol:

uK-kWRAVmRU
haha, yeah, That Mitchell & Webb Look was definitely awesome, and indeed very consistent in being rather funny with some great little sketches coming from simple observations that are little thought of - such as the skit above, which was a great one, from the first episode if I'm not mistaken.

Tricky
15-Mar-2010, 08:01 PM
Had to dig up an old thread here, I was watching Armstrong & Miller the other night & they were showing this classic :lol:

OmSxjpcfxfI

"Do I look like I have special needs?"

shootemindehead
15-Mar-2010, 09:10 PM
Hate Clarkson, hate "Top gear" and I despise the "Top Gear" method of line delvery. Irritates the crap out of me.

That sketch was bang on.