PDA

View Full Version : UK Football - John Terry's red card fiasco...

Neil
17-Sep-2008, 03:33 PM
So he man handles a player to the ground. The ref gives him a red card as he was possibly the last man between the goal.

Now the tackle was cynical, and by the England captain no less... But it's now been rescinded!

So it's OK to foul other players on purpose! Great example for young players! And a great advert for the 'professional game'!

The risk of a red card might just have made these professional players play a bit more professionally :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/16/chelsea.premierleague?gusrc=rss&feed=football

horrormad
17-Sep-2008, 03:34 PM
Im not really bothered about john terry's red card as Im a Newcastle supporter.

Deadman_Deluxe
17-Sep-2008, 04:04 PM
He earns in one week what most working men earn in ten years ... no matter how good anyone is at kicking a ball, how can that ever be considered right?

capncnut
17-Sep-2008, 05:14 PM
He earns in one week what most working men earn in ten years ... no matter how good anyone is at kicking a ball, how can that ever be considered right?
Completely agree. A good majority of footballers are overpaid and overhyped. Zidane's transfer from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001 being a case in point, 76 f**king million! No player is worth that.

LoSTBoY
18-Sep-2008, 11:53 AM
Much money changed hands methinks...

Dtothe3
19-Sep-2008, 11:30 AM
The point is a Man U player did it earlier that day and got a yellow, Chelsea's next match in the premier is Man U, if Chelsea got ****ed over by the ref at the Man U game understating a foul then that, plain and simple, isn't right.

It needs to be even stevens across the board or not at all.

Also, Carvalho (who had an excellent game btw) would have made it to the guy whether Terry fouled him or not. Last man my ass.

On a personal note, I think both players should have been shown the red, but circumstance led to it being rescinded. It had nothing to do with the pull of the club.

Neil
19-Sep-2008, 02:02 PM
The point is a Man U player did it earlier that day and got a yellow,

No the point is TWO players did it then...

In what other sport is cheating so common place and generally accepted as in football? The guys are cheating on purpose? How is that anything other than cynical and dispicable?

'Professional foul' are two words than cannot live next to each other...

Dtothe3
28-Sep-2008, 05:15 PM
We don't have the worst professional fouls. We have divers, but we don't have people going out with the intention of hurting someone else. That's left for pansy sports with enormous amounts of padding and face masks >.> and Roy Keane.

Neil
28-Sep-2008, 05:30 PM
We don't have the worst professional fouls. We have divers, but we don't have people going out with the intention of hurting someone else. That's left for pansy sports with enormous amounts of padding and face masks >.> and Roy Keane.

But none-the-less, we have a sport where a renound professional player, the captain of England no less, can cheat and wrestle a player to the ground for no other reason than he was beaten, and this is just accepted as part of the game...

How has this sport, and the sportmen (- questional term for them-) playing it fallen so far...

Tricky
28-Sep-2008, 06:03 PM
footballs cack anyway,i dont understand why people get so worked up about it,and i completely agree that players are paid far too much!i dont know how they justify the wages they get paid to be honest!