PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Mission Impossible 3 yet?

Neil
05-May-2006, 01:51 PM
Thoughts?

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 02:46 PM
I shall see later after work. Hopefully my growing disdain for Tom Cruise as an individual will not cloud my judgment.

Terran
05-May-2006, 02:59 PM
I refuse to....the first two were horrible crap...(which I waited till they came on TV to watch...man I laughed the whole way through)....

So If It comes on TV someday ...and theres absolutely nothing else on...Ill watch it...

mista_mo
05-May-2006, 03:02 PM
I only saw a little bit of the 1st one...what a joke. not going to bother seeing numero 3

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:13 PM
i cant think of one tom cruise film i like really, he cant act, simple as kevin smith has a better "range".:lol:

bassman
05-May-2006, 03:32 PM
i cant think of one tom cruise film i like really, he cant act, simple as kevin smith has a better "range".:lol:

You didn't like "Legend", "Born on the Fourth of July", or "Rain Man"? Hrmm....

I think some of you fellas are letting your hatred for his "religion" get in the way. I enjoyed the first two "Mission: Impossible" flicks....I'll see the third one, for sure.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh, I don't have hate for his religion. I actually find it very entertaining to read about. I enjoyed the first two MI films. I just don't like Cruise as a person, though it hasn't stopped me from watching his films. It's just his Looney Tunes act the last 12 months or so has gotten old, tiring. He should just make his movies and eat placenta in privacy without having to tell the public about it.

bassman
05-May-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, I don't have hate for his religion. I actually find it very entertaining to read about. I enjoyed the first two MI films. I just don't like Cruise as a person, though it hasn't stopped me from watching his films. It's just his Looney Tunes act the last 12 months or so has gotten old, tiring. He should just make his movies and eat placenta in privacy without having to tell the public about it.

True. You know how to stop hearing about his crazy personal life? Push the botton on the television that says "power":p It's worked for me.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 03:44 PM
True. You know how to stop hearing about his crazy personal life? Push the botton on the television that says "power":p It's worked for me.

Bah, that would mean turning off my best friend. It's not my TV's fault Cruise is on it!

DjfunkmasterG
05-May-2006, 04:06 PM
I think some of you fellas are letting your hatred for his "religion" get in the way.

Religion has nothing to do with it. it is his arrogant antics and the incessant spouting off from him about the religion he practices and the beliefs of that religion he says we should follow is what ****es me off.

PHUCK HIM! :D PHUCK SCIENTOLOGY TOO! :D

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:07 PM
Religion has nothing to do with it. it is his arrogant antics and the incessant spouting off from him about the religion he practices and the beliefs of that religion he says we should follow is what ****es me off.

PHUCK HIM! :D PHUCK SCIENTOLOGY TOO! :D

Careful, they'll sue you! They'll sue you in England!

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:32 PM
what the hell is this guy talking about?,lol.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:47 PM
what the hell is this guy talking about?,lol.

I'm guessing you didn't see the Scientology episode of South Park. :)

Danny
05-May-2006, 05:29 PM
nope, banned before it made it over the pond.

p2501
05-May-2006, 05:31 PM
BAck on topic. thus far all of the reviews i've seen have been posative.

i'm going to try and catch it tonight.

Danny
05-May-2006, 05:34 PM
then you can tell us how pretentios it is, nootch.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 06:07 PM
BAck on topic. thus far all of the reviews i've seen have been posative.

i'm going to try and catch it tonight.

I'm really only going to watch it as a way to kick off the summer blockbuster season. Whatever other enjoyment I get out of it will be a bonus. But since it's not going to be rated R, I already know the fine Michelle Monaghan will not get all naked like she did in Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

MinionZombie
05-May-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll watch it yeh. The first movie was good, didn't fully understand it, but the whole Cruiser swinging silently on rope at a computer bit was really tense and well done, plus Brian DePalma is an excellent director, his style was great in that flick.

M:I2 was daft, but I enjoyed it at the time. Haven't seen it in a long time.

zombie04
05-May-2006, 06:47 PM
I saw it last night with Silent Hill and United 93, the movie was good. I decided to just enjoy Tom Cruise movies and try my hardest to ignore his private life because it really doesn't have an impact on me. MI3 was good. Nothing thought provoking, just a lot of action.

bassman
05-May-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I've only heard/read good things about it. I'll try to catch it tonight if one of my buddies wants to take a break from drinking to go see it. Otherwise, I'll probably end up waiting for DVD. It sucks being the only movie buff in the group...

Neil
05-May-2006, 07:21 PM

Huh? Legend, Rain Main, 4th of July, Far and Away, A Few Good Men, The Firm, Interview with the Vampire, Vanilla Sky... Not seen Last Samurai, but that got good review as well...

M:I2 was daft, but I enjoyed it at the time. Haven't seen it in a long time.

John Woo and his stupid stupid white doves!!! :)

Terran
06-May-2006, 01:10 AM
Huh? Legend, Rain Main, 4th of July, Far and Away, A Few Good Men, The Firm, Interview with the Vampire, Vanilla Sky... Not seen Last Samurai, but that got good review as well...

I dont disagree that hes been in fantastic movies...but I still hate him....

Interview with a Vampire and Vanilla Sky are some of my favorite movies...

Love some of his movies but hate him as a celebrity personality....

So movies in which their biggest selling point is him as the celebrity I ultimately despise...
Essentially I put the Mission Impossible movies in a similiar genre as a couple of Arnold Schwarzenegger's stupid action movies....like Eraser or most like True Lies.....Now while I might enjoy True Lies because Arnold cracks me up....I hate Tom Cruise as a personality so I cannot enjoy or like a movie that exploits his famousness to push the movie...

So mission impossible is going to suck big time....John Woo doesnt even need to help it suck....

Danny
06-May-2006, 01:19 AM

John Woo and his stupid stupid white doves!!! :)

okay interview with a vampire and vanilla sky were good, but yeah the rest did suck.

AcesandEights
06-May-2006, 03:16 AM
I dont disagree that hes been in fantastic movies...but I still hate him....

Hate him? Hate him, as in "he killed my family, shot my dog and stole my bible" sort of hate?

I don't dislike Tom Cruise. I can't be bothered. I like a lot of the films he's in, though some of them do certainly seem to be ego driven vehicles. I've enjoyed a lot of the films despite myself and what I felt about them going into the theatre.

I hear only good things about MI:3, to date, despite how often people reviewing say: "I know it's that crazy Tom Cruise, but..."

I mean, this is just a ****ing movie, after all.

Neil
06-May-2006, 06:55 PM
okay interview with a vampire and vanilla sky were good, but yeah the rest did suck.

Warning! Warning! Binary opinion! :rolleyes:

Hawkboy
06-May-2006, 08:07 PM
Let's face it the guy is weird (Although he handled himself very well when squirted in the face with a water gun last year) but he CAN act.

Magnolia anyone? How freaking fantastic was he in that film?

As for Mission Impossible III? I'll skip it as it's just not the type of film I really go see in the theatre. I did like the first MI film however...

Terran
06-May-2006, 08:51 PM
Let's face it the guy is weird (Although he handled himself very well when squirted in the face with a water gun last year) but he CAN act.

Magnolia anyone? How freaking fantastic was he in that film?

As for Mission Impossible III? I'll skip it as it's just not the type of film I really go see in the theatre. I did like the first MI film however...

Ug I absolutely Loathe Magnolia....and it had nothing to do with Cruise's performance...he was one of the only good parts in that movie....

I just did not care for any of the characters....and in a character driven drama if you dont care about the characters the movie will suck for you...

One of the only movies that I was itching to walk out on....UG! it just dragged on and on and on....and then soemthing stupid happens...

Its a shame to because I loved Boogie Nights and Punch Drunk Love....

MinionZombie
06-May-2006, 10:29 PM
NNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Only nerds ... and Max Payne ... use the word "binary" :lol:

Danny
07-May-2006, 12:04 AM
max payne rules.:D

Neil
07-May-2006, 10:32 AM
NNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Only nerds ... and Max Payne ... use the word "binary" :lol:

Come on! It perfectly sums up these bafoooons who the moment they have the slightly issue with something says it "sucks"... Nothing is gray to them, only black and white... How anyone can be so shallow I don't understand...

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 10:34 AM
Hellsing - Max Payne indeed does rock copious amounts.

Neil - indeed, I hate people who resort to reviews of "it sucks" and then just stick with it stubbornly. If I'm going to rip on a movie I'm going to have my reasons laid out. Yeh I hate "binary" folk too...although I pick a less NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDD like word for them :D:lol: