PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Gun Owners!

Yojimbo
20-Sep-2008, 07:13 PM
Although I am a proponent of the Right to Bear Arms, and am myself a gun owner and an NRA member, here again is another example of a parent who is obviously far too stupid and irresponsible to own a firearm. Another stupid and sensless, and avoidable tragedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,425302,00.html

As a gun owner, stuff like this really pisses me off.

capncnut
20-Sep-2008, 07:20 PM
...his mother warned him not to touch his father's gun because of the "bad boo boos" it could cause.
WTF? What kind of numbskull has to tell their 2-year-old child to not touch daddy's gun, the weapon should've have been stored out of sight and reach. Full stop.

Lone Wolf
20-Sep-2008, 07:29 PM
It's nice to see decent parents at work...

Swear, it's people like that who make the gun laws so damn strict. Idiots like that who can't put a gun somewhere where a kid can't get ahold of it.

Yojimbo
20-Sep-2008, 07:38 PM
WTF? What kind of numbskull has to tell their 2-year-old child to not touch daddy's gun, the weapon should've have been stored out of sight and reach. Full stop.

Honestly! What kind of idiot leaves a firearm where his 2 year old child can get to it? Moreover, what kind of idiot sees a firearm where her child can get to it and simply leaves it there, expecting that warning the child that the gun can cause "boo-boos" is all that they need do to keep the kid from injury. Obviously these parents are pathetic retards who had no business owning a gun in the first place!

This is why as a gun owner I am in favor of a more stringent process to weed out idiots before they are able to purchase a firearm, even though the NRA is against tighter controls. Though I think that people should have the right to bear arms, I believe that too many careless people are being allowed to purchase a firearm.

Bub666
20-Sep-2008, 09:48 PM
How stupid can these people be.You never leave a gun where a kid can find it.

capncnut
20-Sep-2008, 10:52 PM
Obviously these parents are pathetic retards who had no business owning a gun in the first place!
"Honey, whars mah gun?"

"Why I don't know, sweetie pie. Last tahme I's saws it, little Billy was playin' Starsky & Hutch wuth it."

<BANG>

Yeah, it's those type of people I'm pointing my finger at...

strayrider
21-Sep-2008, 12:58 AM
Hmmm ... we should pass strict laws before allowing people to breed. Score lower than 100 on a standardized IQ test, no permit to breed issued.

Mandatory sterilization to follow.

-stray-

Bub666
21-Sep-2008, 01:03 AM
Hmmm ... we should pass strict laws before allowing people to breed. Score lower than 100 on a standardized IQ test, no permit to breed issued.

-stray-

I agree,some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Neil
22-Sep-2008, 11:35 AM

-stray-

Unfortunately things are the opposite to this... The sensible people stop at a couple of kids, and manage to use contraception. The numpties though continue to breed away unable to keep their logs crossed, or put precautions in place...

I'm sure in the UK now we have negative evolution. The numpties/chavs are now outbreeding the fittest thanks to the state paying them to do so... Got too many children? Here, have a free house and go have some more :annoyed:

Tricky
22-Sep-2008, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately things are the opposite to this... The sensible people stop at a couple of kids, and manage to use contraception. The numpties though continue to breed away unable to keep their logs crossed, or put precautions in place...

I'm sure in the UK now we have negative evolution. The numpties/chavs are now outbreeding the fittest thanks to the state paying them to do so... Got too many children? Here, have a free house and go have some more :annoyed:

The worst thing is that the government surely reads the news & is aware of the public outcry over this benefits culture,yet they choose to stick two fingers up at us taxpayers & do nothing about it,it really boils my p*ss!

Yojimbo
23-Sep-2008, 12:42 AM
The worst thing is that the government surely reads the news & is aware of the public outcry over this benefits culture,yet they choose to stick two fingers up at us taxpayers & do nothing about it,it really boils my p*ss!

We have quite a similar problem here in the US with our welfare system that pays increasingly more in benefits with each additional offspring and because in some instances the benefits received are so much higher than what the recipient would be making on the open labor market that there is less of an incentive to come off of the program and find "gainful employment"

I know some folks really need the assistance, so I mean no disrespect on them, but it does annoy me that despite being employed full time and working my ass off every day, having to slave away to make ends meet, many of the welfare recepients have more cash to spend daily than I do!

slickwilly13
23-Sep-2008, 06:21 AM
Maybe the screening process should include an I.Q. and common sense test. This crap pisses me off and makes gun owners look bad. Btw, I am thinking about getting a consealed permit.

Mike70
23-Sep-2008, 11:29 AM
i have guns in my house and i have a two year old. call me crazy, but i keep my handguns on the top shelf of my closet where there is no way nick could ever get to them- even with his step stool and i keep my shotguns/rifles locked up in a case to which i have the only key. in addition, silly me, i don't keep them loaded. i have a home security system that would alert me (and the police) to anyone trying to get into my house(and probably scare them off in the process) in plenty of time to load one.

besides, if it comes down to my kid's safety or having a loaded gun around in the off chance that someone is going to break in and attempt some sort of criminal mischief against us, i'll choose his safety any day of the week.

Bub666
23-Sep-2008, 11:35 AM
Maybe the screening process should include an I.Q. and common sense test.

I agree,a lot of people that have guns are really stupid.

Yojimbo
24-Sep-2008, 12:37 AM
i have guns in my house and i have a two year old. call me crazy, but i keep my handguns on the top shelf of my closet where there is no way nick could ever get to them- even with his step stool and i keep my shotguns/rifles locked up in a case to which i have the only key. in addition, silly me, i don't keep them loaded. i have a home security system that would alert me (and the police) to anyone trying to get into my house(and probably scare them off in the process) in plenty of time to load one.

besides, if it comes down to my kid's safety or having a loaded gun around in the off chance that someone is going to break in and attempt some sort of criminal mischief against us, i'll choose his safety any day of the week.

Mike you are an example of a proper parent and a pragmatic gun owner. I assume that when Nick is old enough that you would school him on proper gun safety as well.

I agree that a parent's primary concern should always be for the safety of their child and this is why stories about preventable accidents and/or deaths really piss me off. Sadly, this tragic story is not an unusual one.

DeadJonas190
24-Sep-2008, 05:54 AM
That mother is quite a horrible mother. She didn't bother to go grab the gun from the 2 year old playing with it, she just tells him not to because of the boo boo's it can cause... people like this are the worst examples of humanity, the utter stupidity makes me lose more faith in the human race.

strayrider
24-Sep-2008, 05:46 PM
Mike you are an example of a proper parent and a pragmatic gun owner. I assume that when Nick is old enough that you would school him on proper gun safety as well.

I agree that a parent's primary concern should always be for the safety of their child and this is why stories about preventable accidents and/or deaths really piss me off. Sadly, this tragic story is not an unusual one.

Quite simple to train children not to play with guns. Take them to the range with you, protect their hearing and eyes with the proper devices, then have them place their hands on yours when you fire the rifle/pistol/shotgun. When they see, hear and feel what the gun does when fired, they will not want to play with it. Very simple.

Also purchase a cheap BB/Pellet rifle or pistol. Shoot often in the backyard, constantly drilling into the child's head the 10-points of proper firearms usage.

:D

-stray-

horrormad
24-Sep-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree,a lot of people that have guns are really stupid.

That totally true.

p2501
28-Sep-2008, 08:09 AM
Nice.

on one hand, given the amazing parenting going on there, sonner or later something terrible was going to get this kid, be it drugs, a cult, maybe a low flying plane or something. so better it happen earlier and spare the kid some pain.

on the other hand the kid was two. after sorting out what happened, the arresting officer should have just marched that bint out into the street and plugged her twice in the head.

SymphonicX
28-Sep-2008, 10:24 AM
Gun rampage in America: "MORE GUNS!!!"
Gun rampage in Finland: "tighter gun controls!!"

bit of a difference there...wonder which one will work out....

Wooley
03-Oct-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree,a lot of people are really stupid.

Fixed it for you, since it's not just gun owners who have short bus all stars in their ranks, it's everyone.

Arcades057
05-Oct-2008, 06:01 AM
Fixed it for you, since it's not just gun owners who have short bus all stars in their ranks, it's everyone.

Too true. The gun owners get all the bad rap, but the gun banners are just as ridiculous.

GUN-GRABBER:Make everywhere a gun free zone! Then there will be no more gun violence!!

Common sense voice: Aren't schools gun free zones? Haven't there been like a hundred school shootings? Aren't churches, malls, court houses, bars, restaurants, airports, and pretty much any place else, already gun free zones? Don't shootings happen there all the time?

GUN-GRABBER: SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT FASCIST!!!

bassman
06-Oct-2008, 01:13 PM
I have a two month old daughter and I just bought a gun this past weekend. I don't think i'll just leave it sitting around or let her play with it.:shifty:

Publius
06-Oct-2008, 02:42 PM
I have a two month old daughter and I just bought a gun this past weekend. I don't think i'll just leave it sitting around or let her play with it.:shifty:

Good idea! But you could pick up one of these for when she's several years older. ;)

http://www.haycockhollow.com/pink2201a.jpg

bassman
06-Oct-2008, 03:21 PM
Good idea! But you could pick up one of these for when she's several years older. ;)

:lol:

That's the one I bought! But it's for me, not her.

Nah...I really just bought a 9mm to keep in the house for safety. Obviously I won't be as careless as these parents were. What morons.:rolleyes:

darth los
06-Oct-2008, 04:37 PM

Ah yes, the lilac rifle of destruction!! An excellent choice sir !!

:cool:

Publius
06-Oct-2008, 09:28 PM
Ah yes, the lilac rifle of destruction!! An excellent choice sir !!

This is the one to move up to from there.

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/KittyRifle.jpg

Yes, it's a real rifle, and no, it's not photoshopped (well, actually, the logo on the stock was photoshopped - from a standard Hello Kitty to that devil kitty - to avoid copyright issues). My wife wants one. :P

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2008, 12:56 AM

Yes, it's a real rifle, and no, it's not photoshopped (well, actually, the logo on the stock was photoshopped - from a standard Hello Kitty to that devil kitty - to avoid copyright issues). My wife wants one. :P
Hell, I want one! I am not too macho to own a pink assault rifle. :lol:

Bub666
09-Oct-2008, 01:01 AM

My wife wants a rifle just like that.