View Full Version : Yeh! - 'Unbreakable 2'

Neil
22-Sep-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shyamalan-May-Do-Unbreakable-2-10269.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/10269/10269.jpg

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2008, 09:52 AM
*sniffs*

Smells like someone wants their career back ... ... shouldn't have made The Village and The Happening then, should ya?

I say ya-boo-sucks on that sh*t.

Neil
22-Sep-2008, 10:32 AM
*sniffs*

Smells like someone wants their career back ... ... shouldn't have made The Village and The Happening then, should ya?

I say ya-boo-sucks on that sh*t.

'The Village' was OK...

Not seen 'The Happening'... Only heard bad things about it though :rockbrow:

Bub666
22-Sep-2008, 11:54 AM
Unbreakable was a really good movie.Now their going to ruin it with a sequel.

Neil
22-Sep-2008, 12:04 PM
Unbreakable was a really good movie.Now their going to ruin it with a sequel.

You never know... It might come good!

Bub666
22-Sep-2008, 12:11 PM
You never know... It might come good!

I doubt it very much.

bassman
22-Sep-2008, 12:12 PM
Smells like someone wants their career back

That was my first thought. Unbreakable is his best film, imo. Hopefully he doesn't screw this up...

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2008, 01:42 PM
shouldn't have made The Village

Oh, MZ...next you'll be telling us how much you liked Gladiator :|

PJoseph
22-Sep-2008, 03:33 PM
It's funny - he mentioned a sequel almost RIGHT after the first one came out and then I never heard about it again.

I wonder how true this is. I think it would be great. I'm a big fan of Unbreakable and would love to see more.

pJ

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh, MZ...next you'll be telling us how much you liked Gladiator :|
:lol:

Why? How does that factor?

I've seen Gladiator once, thought it was alright, can't remember any of it except that famous Crowe line with the guy's funny name. :p

I thought The Village was abominable, me and my mates at uni watched it and we groaned the entire way through and though the "whatta twist" (*nod to Robot Chicken*) ending was gash.

The Happening was even worse, I mean damn...:eek:

Skippy911sc
22-Sep-2008, 05:53 PM
I have liked most of his movies, with the exception of Lady in the Water...and maybe I never really gave it a fair shake. I like the happening with a few exceptions as well as the Village. I hope if this does come true he will be loyal to the original and not get someone to replace Willis.

zombie04
22-Sep-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm all for it. I remember him saying he wanted to do this since the first came out and since I think Unbreakable is his best film, I'll be willing to give him a chance. Sure his movies have degenerated over 8 years but who knows, he could pull a Sylvester Stallone and prove to us he still has some talent left. I wish him luck.

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2008, 07:38 PM
The Happening was even worse, I mean damn...:eek:

I haven't even seen The Happening yet, largely due to the warnings of people here, but I really liked the story and different ways you could view the 'moral of the story' with the Village. I wrote a review of it once, wonder if I can dig it up off an old hard drive...

MoonSylver
23-Sep-2008, 05:29 AM
I wouldn't mind a sequel at all. I always wanted one. He was talking sequel from the word go, but was bummed out by some of the reviews, as said. I think Unbreakable found more of an audience post-theatrical, so who knows. Only if Bruce is down for it though.

Haven't seen The Happening. Hated the twist in The Village. Signs & Lady In The Water were good to ok, if a bit uneven. So...eh....we'll see.

Bub666
23-Sep-2008, 11:38 AM
Only if Bruce is down for it though

Thats the only way I'll go see this.Bruce Willis was great in the first one.

Mutineer
24-Sep-2008, 10:34 PM
I like Night

The 6th Sense was awesome

Signs was fun awesome

The Village was a fun film; very well made

Lady was, hmmmmm, missed the mark but interesting still

The Happening was okaaaaaaaay; th plot got convuluted in the end;
fizzzled out but still an interesting character study

bassman
24-Sep-2008, 11:53 PM
I like Night

The 6th Sense was awesome

Signs was fun awesome

The Village was a fun film; very well made

Lady was, hmmmmm, missed the mark but interesting still

The Happening was okaaaaaaaay; th plot got convuluted in the end;
fizzzled out but still an interesting character study

This thread is about Unbreakable, but you didn't mention your opinion of that. Have you seen it? It seems that alot of the time viewers hold that as his best work.

I thought Sixth Sense was okay, but predictable. Unbreakable was a great film. Signs was good fun, but definitely has it's flaws....and that's about where it ends. I got bored with The Village and gave up, never saw Lady in the Water or The Happening.

darth los
25-Sep-2008, 01:51 AM
UN-breakable is Un-watchable.:cool:

DeadJonas190
25-Sep-2008, 07:08 AM
He actually wrote a much longer script for Unbreakable, but decided only to make the first half into a movie. Hopefully this sequel will be the second half of his original script. In my opinion, Unbreakable was his best movie so far.

Danny
25-Sep-2008, 12:03 PM
the 6th sense was scary but like blair witch got spoofed so much its hard to watch it anymore.
unbreakable has ben on tv like 5 times this month and ive missed it every time and i loved this when i saw it so ive gotta grab the dvd sometime.
signs, brace yourself, but i really loved it *mz drops what hs holding in shock* its a really great, underrated movie, cheesy ending, but i still loved it for what it was.
the village, now i only saw this a month ago and ive gotta say i can SEE why all the hate is thrown its way but i dont get why so much. its when night started to get out of his "what a tweest" phase and just started adding..i dunno plot corners i spose and whatching it expecting some big thing, i personally thought the reserve would be a people reserve and they would all be robots outside and the monsters were patrol dogs to keep them safe inside. and it turns out it was a simple story that i liked but it felt like it just got going as it ended and it left a funny taste in my mouth so to speak.
now ive said before i loved aldy in the water, by now he got a bad rep and people were in a bad mindset when they whent in to see this, i was not however ad gave him , form a filmmaking standpoint, the benefit of the doubt and loved it, its nothing like his other ones, a contemporary set fairy tle but i loved it, paul giamatti as usual does a fantastic job and the effects the soundtrack the acting the whole thing was absolute genius and is very under-appreciated, id recommend going back and watching it again, i know a lot of people expected full on horror and a twist like 6th sense adn were confused and angry with the lack of it.
the hapening.....ugh, the worst of the lot, good imagery but it was so obvious it makes the audience feel stupid. lingering after every death on tress blowing in the breeze, i could go on but it seemed like the filmmaker was going "thats it. sit down. comfy?, good, well the enviroment needs our help, and al gore is busy with manbearpig yknow?"

still id like an unbeakable 2 yeah.;)

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2008, 12:12 PM
"thats it. sit down. comfy?, good, well the enviroment needs our help, and al gore is busy with manbearpig yknow?"

:lol:

*picks up ending-of-Signs protest placard*

The ending wasn't cheesy, it was simply f*cking retarded. Gee, here's a clever idea lads, let's invade a planet that's 70% water, inhabited by similarly constituted beings despite the fact it's our achiles heel. :rolleyes:

The Happening was like eye rape or something, I mean what the hell was that sh*t?! :eek:

I wasn't at all fussed about Sixth Sense, and yes it has been spoofed to death. I liked Unbreakable when I first saw it - and have only seen it once. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't like it now, to be honest. I've long since been officially fed-the-f*ck-up with Shyamalan.

Village - again, crap ... like taking a long, hard sh*t after being bunged up for a week. Unpleasant.

Lady in the Water ... jog on.

Signs - enjoyable until that completely beyond the most stupid thing in existence ending. I mean for f*ck sake.

Neil
25-Sep-2008, 12:45 PM
The Happening was like eye rape or something, I mean what the hell was that sh*t?! :eek:

I watched the first 2 mins of it last night, starting on the building site, and then going into Wahlbergs lesson. And something - I can't put my finger on it - just seemed very wrong/awkward with it!?

Looking forward to watching the rest of it - I think :)

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2008, 04:44 PM
I watched the first 2 mins of it last night, starting on the building site, and then going into Wahlbergs lesson. And something - I can't put my finger on it - just seemed very wrong/awkward with it!?

Looking forward to watching the rest of it - I think :)
You must be high ... ... surely.