PDA

View Full Version : The Wake Wood

capncnut
23-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9359/thewakewoodzz0.jpg

The first legit Hammer film since 1976's The Devil's Daughter and second official Hammer project since reforming recently (the first being an episodic web movie called Beyond The Rave) just so happens to involve the living dead.

David Keating is directing The Wake Wood from a screenplay he co-wrote with Brendan McCarthy, who came up with the original story. Brendan McCarthy is producing the film along with John McDonnell through their Fantastic Films banner. Simon Oakes and Guy East are Executive Producers.

Still grieving the death of nine-year-old Alice – their only child – at the jaws of a crazed dog, vet Patrick and pharmacist Louise relocate to the remote town of Wake Wood where they learn of a pagan ritual that will allow them three more days with Alice. The couple find the idea disturbing and exciting in equal measure, but once they agree terms with Arthur, the village’s leader, a far bigger question looms – what will they do when it’s time for Alice to go back?

The cast includes Aidan Gillen (The Wire), Eva Birthistle (Middletown) and Timothy Spall (Harry Potter series, Sweeney Todd). Principle photography commences today in County Donegal, Ireland.

Additional info and production notes can be found at the official site (http://www.hammerfilms.com/news/hammer-starts-production-on-the-wake-wood).

I know it sounds a bit on the Pet Sematary side and that the early poster design is one of those cheesy 'hand-bursting-from-the-ground' images but there's some decent actors attached to it so I've got some hope. Bring it home, Hammer!

bassman
23-Sep-2008, 08:28 PM
the early poster design is one of those cheesy 'hand-bursting-from-the-ground' images..

The hand looks more like it's supposed to be a tree, imo.:shifty:

capncnut
23-Sep-2008, 08:31 PM
The hand looks more like it's supposed to be a tree, imo.:shifty:
Well, yes of course but there's no denying the similarity.

Bub666
24-Sep-2008, 12:11 AM
I loved the old Hammer movies,so I will be checking this out.

clanglee
24-Sep-2008, 12:41 AM
I was thinking Pet Cemetary/Monkey's Paw. Sounds interesting. . .

Danny
24-Sep-2008, 12:48 AM
posters crappy, ive said a couple of times that a hadn reaching up is the cheapest of poster cop-outs for horror nowadays, but the idea fo a good old brit horror flick that sounds like a cross betwixt the whicker man and pet cemetary sounds bitchin'.

i hope they put a "be-fah tha gra'ahnd went sa'our" reference.:lol: