PDA

View Full Version : New Queen Album.

Mikey
24-Sep-2008, 12:57 PM
Anyone from the UK have the new Queen album? Anyone care to comment on it? In the States we have to wait until next month, but I'm curious to hear comments if anyone has it.

Bub666
24-Sep-2008, 01:10 PM
It sucks that we in the U.S. have to wait until next month.I love their music,hopefully their new album is good.

capncnut
24-Sep-2008, 01:44 PM
I love Queen but I think they should just put it to rest. Paul Rodgers was great in Free but he's s**t in Queen. If the new single is any indication of the upcoming album, I'd rather castrate myself with a rusty saw than listen to it.

bassman
24-Sep-2008, 01:48 PM
I love Queen but I think they should just put it to rest. Paul Rodgers was great in Free but he's s**t in Queen. If the new single is any indication of the upcoming album, I'd rather castrate myself with a rusty saw than listen to it.

I haven't heard any of the new stuff, but I just can't agree to call it Queen. Queen ended in 1991 with Mercury and you can't have Queen without him, imo.

capncnut
24-Sep-2008, 01:53 PM
Here's a live performance of the new song, C-lebrity.

f3ovN40FwRI
It's a Free sounding song with a Queen-ish chorus. It doesn't work and it's as flat as yesterday's lemonade. :dead:

Tricky
24-Sep-2008, 05:56 PM
Forget Queen, its all about AC/DC's comeback!a bit of proper rock :evil:

MaximusIncredulous
24-Sep-2008, 06:02 PM
Here's a live performance of the new song, C-lebrity.

f3ovN40FwRI
It's a Free sounding song with a Queen-ish chorus. It doesn't work and it's as flat as yesterday's lemonade. :dead:

Blaaaa......zzzzzzzz :bored:

EvilNed
24-Sep-2008, 08:25 PM
I sure love Queen, but this new single isn't that great really. It's pretty bland. I might buy the album, but to be honest, Freddie wasn't just an awesome singer, he was an awesome songwriter too. You know Bohemian Rhapsody? That was all him.

And regarding the singer, I'd prefer it if Brian May had just taken over instead.

clanglee
24-Sep-2008, 08:31 PM
I just can't consider the band Queen without Freddie. Blah:|

major jay
24-Sep-2008, 08:39 PM
Freddie Mercury was Queen.

slickwilly13
24-Sep-2008, 09:08 PM
Not too bad, but it is not Queen. There is a big diffrence in style and sound of the vocals. Kind of reminds me of what happened with Van Halen.

Mike70
24-Sep-2008, 10:06 PM
yeah capn, i'm right there with you. this gets a big, fat meh from me.

queen is one of the more original bands that's ever come along and this is just, well, bland as unsalted crackers. this tune could've been done by any number of bands, there isn't anything about it that makes it stand out.

one thing though and it is what the announcer said that makes me ask: are they calling themselves paul rodgers and queen or simply queen?

MoonSylver
24-Sep-2008, 10:48 PM
Forget Queen, its all about AC/DC's comeback!a bit of proper rock :evil:

YEAH BOI!!! That's the sh*t right there! :evil:

One hot southern belle
Son of a devil
A school boy spelling bee
A school girl with a fantasy
One hot renegade
Old school rebel
A ten for the revelry
Diamond of the agency
Shake it, Shake it
Take it to the spot
You know
She make it really hot Yeah
Get it on, get it up
Come on give it what you got

Bub666
24-Sep-2008, 11:40 PM

I agree,no one can ever replace Freddie Mercury.He was the greatest.

Kaos
25-Sep-2008, 12:23 AM
Moved to Media Discussion.

zombie04
25-Sep-2008, 04:22 AM

I'd have to disagree with you there. Queen was Freddie Mercury, Rodger Taylor, Brian May, and John Deacon. All four of them were greatly talented and equally contributed their own styles to the final product. Now I'll admit they are my favorite band and I suppose it's good they have something else coming out, but I think I would've preferred if Brian and Rodger picked up more of the vocals. The strange thing is, as great a singer as Mercury was, those two were good in their own right.

But I'm still looking forward to AC/DC

capncnut
25-Sep-2008, 04:44 AM
I'd have to disagree with you there. Queen was Freddie Mercury, Rodger Taylor, Brian May, and John Deacon. All four of them were greatly talented and equally contributed their own styles to the final product.
Well that sounds all good in the scheme of things but um, Freddie WAS Queen. Brian and Roger are in that You Tube vid you know, and it sucks meaty knackers!

zombie04
25-Sep-2008, 04:54 AM
Well that sounds all good in the scheme of things but um, Freddie WAS Queen. Brian and Roger are in that You Tube vid you know, and it sucks meaty knackers!

I don't really see it that way. I think Queen was all four of them performing as one. Freddie was very important to the group but I think it is a bit of an overstretch to say he WAS Queen. True Brian and Roger are in that video, and I think they would've done good to call it quits after the tribute concert in 1992 as Deacon did. But honestly, how often do bands that take extended breaks come back to perform as if they were at their peak?

capncnut
26-Sep-2008, 01:10 PM
But honestly, how often do bands that take extended breaks come back to perform as if they were at their peak?
Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to name two.

zombie04
26-Sep-2008, 02:26 PM
Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to name two.

I'd add the Eagles to that list (from 1994, not 2003). I didn't say it never happens, but it is rare.