PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Anansie to reform

capncnut
24-Sep-2008, 02:55 PM
UK punk outfit, Skunk Anansie are set to reform and have promised to do at least one concert before the year is out. The band split in 2001, but singer Skin and bassist Cass have told a number of tabloids that they are coming back proper.

Don't know how well they fared overseas but before they split, they were on the verge of becoming a household name in the UK. I'm most definitely up for this!

pRH807Zg8MQ

Yojimbo
25-Sep-2008, 12:25 AM
I caught a Skunk Anansie show at a club in Hollywood back in the mid 90's and it was totally packed and sold out, but I managed to get in with a friend who had press credentials. They were great, really solid and fun, especially the lead with her freaky antics and kind of looney stage presence. They seemed to have somewhat of a following here in Los Angeles, and I had always wanted to see them again, but never saw another listing. Had a nice bootleg of another show that they played, but some dude ripped it off of me.

Glad to hear that they are happening again, and if they do a show here I will go out of my way to catch it. Thanks for the cool clip!

Tricky
25-Sep-2008, 05:18 PM
I quite liked them actually,they had a decent sound,very mid 90's,i'd be interested in hearing some new stuff!:)