PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Live update

MikePizzoff
24-Sep-2008, 07:41 PM
I just logged onto Live and had a message from XBOX. It states that on Monday Sept 29, Live will be down, for up to 24 hours, so they can perform maintenance that will "bring some new and exciting features and funtionality to you this holiday".

I hope the holiday they're speaking of is Halloween. I'm actually VERY excited for the new dashboard and it's features.

Danny
24-Sep-2008, 08:14 PM
man i hope that update arrives, ive been looking forward to this for ages now.

darth los
24-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM
They'd better do something to spruce things up a bit. Sales and enthusiasm for their product are declining.

MikePizzoff
24-Sep-2008, 08:53 PM
They'd better do something to spruce things up a bit.

You haven't seen what the dashboard is going to become and all the new features the 360 will have with this update???

slickwilly13
24-Sep-2008, 08:57 PM
I just logged onto Live and had a message from XBOX. It states that on Monday Sept 29, Live will be down, for up to 24 hours, so they can perform maintenance that will "bring some new and exciting features and funtionality to you this holiday".

I hope the holiday they're speaking of is Halloween. I'm actually VERY excited for the new dashboard and it's features.

Thanks for posting. I read about this last night and forgot to mention it here. I am looking forward to it as well. Anyone seen the XBL version of Mii?

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2008, 10:51 PM
i've moved recently and haven't really got around to gettin my xbox back online....i'm gonna have to get up on this sometime soon......man i miss online gaming.

CoinReturn
25-Sep-2008, 12:50 AM
Apparently, there's a "Rock Band 2" promotion on Xbox Live that mentions it's coming in November. Probably right around when Gears of War 2 hits.

The thing I'm most excited about is the ability to install your games on your hard drive. Faster load times an no more wear and tear on your disk drive.

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2008, 01:16 AM
Wow, I just read some of the responses to this over on Kotaku and... I never thought some people could be such... losers? There are people freaking out about not being able to get on Live for 1 day. ONE DAY!!!

darth los
25-Sep-2008, 01:47 AM
You haven't seen what the dashboard is going to become and all the new features the 360 will have with this update???

Nope. I really do need a life.

DeadJonas190
25-Sep-2008, 06:34 AM
Wow, I just read some of the responses to this over on Kotaku and... I never thought some people could be such... losers? There are people freaking out about not being able to get on Live for 1 day. ONE DAY!!!

I don't go on everyday but I can see why people would be mad, they are paying for a service and now that service will be down for a day. Hopefully Microsoft will credit everybody a day.

Honestly though, if I had not read this I probably never would have even known it will be down.

Hopefully its the new Wii upgrade.. err I mean dashboard upgrade.

Danny
25-Sep-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't go on everyday but I can see why people would be mad, they are paying for a service and now that service will be down for a day. Hopefully Microsoft will credit everybody a day.

dude, its £39.99 for a year, so one day out of 365 is ,what?, 9 and a half pence? thats hardly worthy of reimbursement, 24 hours is no biggie, these people are being over the top dicks about it on kotaku, if you cannot wait 24 hours for a total overhaul of the console and the service then these people need to take something for stress and chill the frigg out.

bassman
25-Sep-2008, 01:18 PM

Damn. I've never been on Live. Is it THAT great?:shifty:

Those are probably the guys that do nothing but play video games. It's their goal in life....

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2008, 02:01 PM
Nope. I really do need a life.

:lol: Yeah, darth losER! :D

Here's a clip about some of it's features...

U9JonXfgKpg

Danny
25-Sep-2008, 03:12 PM
whilst the 1 vs 100 stuff isnt my bag i like how you can win t shirts and stuff off it, didnt they do something like that when the 360 launched?, but it was based on reaching points like 10,000 gp and stuff but when it ran out too fast they scrapped it?

darth los
25-Sep-2008, 03:30 PM
:lol: Yeah, darth losER! :D

Here's a clip about some of it's features...

U9JonXfgKpg

lol

Very nice but still there's no reason to go apesh8t because the service is going to be down for one day. How about going on a...DATE!! :stunned:

They also have to realize that for major upgrades that has to happen. I can recall this site being down for a day or two in the past as well.

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2008, 06:38 PM
Exactly. Is it really imperative that these people play online games on their 360 every single day?

darth los
25-Sep-2008, 07:40 PM
Exactly. Is it really imperative that these people play online games on their 360 every single day?

Anything that you can't live one day without that's not called food, water or air i'd call being addicted. They'd probably say they're not but their b8tching about it says otherwise.

SymphonicX
28-Sep-2008, 12:44 PM
lol

Very nice but still there's no reason to go apesh8t because the service is going to be down for one day. How about going on a...DATE!! :stunned:

They also have to realize that for major upgrades that has to happen. I can recall this site being down for a day or two in the past as well.

It's funny how they listed the downtime as starting from 8:01am....pretty bloody specific....I was planning to play up until 8:00:59s so that suits me fine...

Anything that you can't live one day without that's not called food, water or air i'd call being addicted. They'd probably say they're not but their b8tching about it says otherwise.

Damn, I'm addicted to clothes and shelter then!

have to say though, it's pretty damn fun...if I was off shift at this time I'd be slightly annoyed that I'd actually have to do something else like After Effects and actually progress my life...

Bub666
28-Sep-2008, 01:27 PM

I know,it's just one day.I don't think anyone is going to die from not being able to play with their 360 for one day.So people need to stop crying about it and get over it.