PDA

View Full Version : Led Yep

capncnut
26-Sep-2008, 02:14 PM
After many months of waiting, Led Zeppelin are finally going to hit the road for a world tour.

Led Zeppelin’s reunion tour looks set to hit the road next year after Robert Plant agreed to join the shows- says a report.

The singer had been resisting calls from the other three members- John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Jason Bonham- for a comeback of the classic rock band.

Reports say the other three have already been rehearsing and writing new songs while Plant has been touring his album with Allison Kraus.

Now though a source told The Sun: “They were all over the moon when he gave them the news. They are now forging ahead with tour plans and can’t wait to get on the road.”

Led Zeppelin reunited last December for a one-off charity gig at the O2 Arena which was widely praised by critics.

Don't miss them. I saw them last year and they absolutely rocked it!

axlish
26-Sep-2008, 03:42 PM
You've talked me into it, although some of their songs are too ambitious to be performed live without 9 guitar players.

bassman
26-Sep-2008, 04:10 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Come hell or high water - I will be there. This is like a dream come true. I've literally always dreamed about seeing Zeppelin but thought that it would never happen. This is soooo great.

Bub666
26-Sep-2008, 06:59 PM
I love Led Zeppelin,so I'll definitely be there.

Yojimbo
26-Sep-2008, 07:26 PM
Like bassman, I too thought that I had missed my window of opportunity to see Zeppelin play live, having been too young to catch them when they were still together - going to a Robert Plant concert or catching tribute bands was the best that I could do. So I am stoked that I will finally get a chance to see them live.

MikePizzoff
26-Sep-2008, 09:40 PM
Ehhh I dunno. Tickets will be WAYYY overpriced and I've seen plenty of live concerts of them from the 70's when they were in their heyday and Plant sounds like garbage live on a lot of the songs and Page even played some of the songs on the wrong strings/frets. Maybe they were just too fncked up?

capncnut
26-Sep-2008, 10:55 PM
Come hell or high water - I will be there. This is like a dream come true. I've literally always dreamed about seeing Zeppelin but thought that it would never happen. This is soooo great.
Good to hear brother, on my life, they kick f**kin' ass.

That brings me to Pizzface.

Ehhh I dunno. Tickets will be WAYYY overpriced and I've seen plenty of live concerts of them from the 70's when they were in their heyday and Plant sounds like garbage live on a lot of the songs and Page even played some of the songs on the wrong strings/frets. Maybe they were just too fncked up?
Well don't go, simple as. :D

Yojimbo
26-Sep-2008, 11:24 PM

As a Zeppelin fan, I have to admit that the performances on Song Remains The Same (the Movie) were lame, and I found it pretty dissapointing. Actually, the film itself was mighty lame, so I can understand where MikePizzoff is coming from to some degree. I do know that Plant and Page themselves were pretty pissed off at the director and the editor for that film too, since they themselves thought that the film made them look stupid (they happened to filmed on an "off night" which is now memorialized on film for all eternity) and was poorly edited (if I remember correctly, they cut one of Zep's key songs in half) Plant is shot looking like an effeminante crotch stuffer, Page looks like a self-aggrandizing egotistical freak.

But still, as a fan I intend to go, provided that I can afford their tickets. Even rabid fans have their price limit!

axlish
27-Sep-2008, 11:28 AM
Plant is shot looking like an effeminante crotch stuffer, Page looks like a self-aggrandizing egotistical freak.

Hey, they make (made) good music, and the above is an accurate description of Plant and Page. Can't the two statements be mutually exclusive? I say yes.

capncnut
30-Sep-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry folks, not happening. :(

Click (http://www.winnipegsun.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/09/29/6922511.html) for article.

bassman
01-Oct-2008, 12:15 AM
I hate you for this, cap.:mad:

;)

major jay
13-Oct-2008, 10:47 PM
Here's a new rumor. I think there's some truth to this.

LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT is to be given an ultimatum by his bandmates – join us on tour or we’ll replace you.
Zep guitarist JIMMY PAGE, bassist JOHN PAUL JONES and drummer JASON BONHAM have been busy recently rehearsing in West London’s Ritz Studio and using stand-in vocalists.

And one American singer has been so impressive the other band members are confident they could hit the road next year WITHOUT their iconic frontman.

Brummie-born belter Plant has refused to take part in any practice sessions as he is currently committed to his side project with country singer ALISON KRAUSS.

A source said: “Jimmy, Jason and John are determined a tour will go ahead next year.

“They’ve been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling.

There’s an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job.

“Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won’t commit.

“They will be finalising plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn’t want to be involved they will go ahead without him.”

While fans would be disappointed if Plant was not involved, the shows would still fill arenas worldwide

capncnut
14-Oct-2008, 06:25 AM
The new singer is Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge, I believe. Yeah, I haven't heard of him either....

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 11:54 AM
The new singer is Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge, I believe. Yeah, I haven't heard of him either....

Alter Bridge? Isn't that Creed with a new singer? If so, I heard some of their stuff and he has a pretty good voice. I can't see his voice living up to Plant's, though...

DubiousComforts
14-Oct-2008, 12:53 PM
As a Zeppelin fan, I have to admit that the performances on Song Remains The Same (the Movie) were lame, and I found it pretty dissapointing.
Led Zeppelin's heyday was a different time, a much different style of live concert music than we've had in the last 30 years. The band wasn't simply a live juke box. Onstage, they stretched the songs into improvisational epics and took a lot of chances, neither of which makes for very good concert video since MTV began churning out music sound bites for the ADD generation.

Led Zep also did this at a time when technology wasn't to the point where it could make up for poor or non-existent musicianship. If you need proof of the band's virtuoso ability, just watch the 1975 acoustic set on the live DVD.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 01:45 PM
Led Zep also did this at a time when technology wasn't to the point where it could make up for poor or non-existent musicianship. If you need proof of the band's virtuoso ability, just watch the 1975 acoustic set on the live DVD.

Is that the same that's on the double disc DVD that came out about 5 years back? It's just called Led Zeppelin DVD, I believe. With the desert and the mountain?

If that's what you're talking about....that's an AWESOME DVD to own. It's got pretty much everything. I probably can't watch it now because I wore it out when I first got it.:p

dmbfanintn
14-Oct-2008, 01:48 PM
Led Zeppelin's heyday was a different time, a much different style of live concert music than we've had in the last 30 years. The band wasn't simply a live juke box. Onstage, they stretched the songs into improvisational epics and took a lot of chances, neither of which makes for very good concert video since MTV began churning out music sound bites for the ADD generation.

But this is exactly what performances at outdoor festivals lend themselves to nowdays. What do yall want to bet that Zep is at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2009!

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 01:53 PM
But this is exactly what performances at outdoor festivals lend themselves to nowdays. What do yall want to bet that Zep is at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2009!

Wasn't it a "fact" that they would be at bonnaroo this past year? You saw how they worked out, im sure...

Skippy911sc
14-Oct-2008, 02:02 PM
Are they coming to a Nursing home near you?

How old are these guys...

I like Zeppelin some years back...have not thought about it for a long time. They did have some amazing sound, but I find most live music performances to be a bit of a let down.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 02:06 PM
but I find most live music performances to be a bit of a let down.

....You should check out more concerts then. Concerts and music festivals are the most fun thing I can think of.

And it doesnt really matter all that much how old they are. Many musicians/bands work throughout their entire life. Right up until they die.

dmbfanintn
14-Oct-2008, 02:07 PM
Wasn't it a "fact" that they would be at bonnaroo this past year? You saw how they worked out, im sure...

That whole rumor got blown up because roo schedule LEZ zep and some publication out of the UK looked at it wrong and floated that rumor.

Honestly, I would love to see them at roo (as you know bass, its right in my backyard) but I think bonnaroo goes for phish this year, if they do, they wont be able to afford zep as well.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 02:08 PM
That whole rumor got blown up because roo schedule LEZ zep and some publication out of the UK looked at it wrong and floated that rumor.

Honestly, I would love to see them at roo (as you know bass, its right in my backyard) but I think bonnaroo goes for phish this year, if they do, they wont be able to afford zep as well.

Nothing against Phish. I like Phish. But been there, done that, ya know? They would be fools to pass up on Zeppelin because of Phish.

dmbfanintn
14-Oct-2008, 02:16 PM
Nothing against Phish. I like Phish. But been there, done that, ya know? They would be fools to pass up on Zeppelin because of Phish.

From the mainstream fan perspective you are right, they would be fools to pass on Zep, but remember where the core audience of Bonnaroo comes from, phish phans. They whole design and production team of the festival are the guys who created the phish festivals in the past. Bonnaroo was patterned off the phish fests. The only phish fest I ever went to was Coventry and man what a mess that was!

I would be happy to see either of them on the farm. I have never seen Zep so that would be a first, but the vibe at a phish fest is incredible and un-matched at any other fest i have been to.

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I know that Phish is huge at Bonnaroo. I think that was the first place I saw them, actually. But if they pass up on Zeppelin because they already have Phish lined up....that's just crazy.

How was this year's Bonnaroo, btw? I couldn't make it.

dmbfanintn
14-Oct-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I know that Phish is huge at Bonnaroo. I think that was the first place I saw them, actually. But if they pass up on Zeppelin because they already have Phish lined up....that's just crazy.

How was this year's Bonnaroo, btw? I couldn't make it.

I was fun, the vibe is changing year after year. I had never seen metallica live so that was an experience. Pearl Jam rocked and Kanye got what he deserved! Phil Lesh put on a great show, Jackie Green just MAKES Phil and Friends.

I went to Allgood again this year and it was better than Bonnaroo. roo is just so big and there are so many people there, it makes it tough to enjoy sometimes. If I didnt live right here and get in free, I probably wouldnt do Bonnaroo. If you make it down next summer, You HAVE to let me know so we can hook up!

bassman
14-Oct-2008, 02:38 PM
If you make it down next summer, You HAVE to let me know so we can hook up!

Well....I live in GA, so technically it's if I make it UP.:p

Manchester is only about 2 hours from me. I go through there alot to visit in-laws over in Nashville actually. Anywho...Hopefully I can make it in 09 and if I can I'll definitely drop you a line so we can meet up. Maybe share a doobie with a fellow zombie fan.:D

dmbfanintn
14-Oct-2008, 03:04 PM
Hopefully I can make it in 09 and if I can I'll definitely drop you a line so we can meet up. Maybe share a doobie with a fellow zombie fan.:D

Thats what I am talking about!