View Full Version : Live in or around Austin Texas?

Neil
26-Sep-2008, 08:40 PM
Fancy seeing the Night of the Living Dead Stage Adaptation towards the end of October?

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/competition/notld_theatre.html

Bub666
26-Sep-2008, 11:05 PM
I wish that I live in Texas,I would differently go and see this.:(

MissJacksonCA
29-Sep-2008, 04:22 AM
Finally living in Texas is going to payoff! Thanks for the tip Neil and I hope to win the contest for free tix :D

Neil
29-Sep-2008, 08:30 AM
Finally living in Texas is going to payoff! Thanks for the tip Neil and I hope to win the contest for free tix :D

How far away are you roughly then?

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2008, 02:05 PM
A stage adaptation would be interesting to see, but I wonder what direction they'd go with the portrayal. Schlocky, over-the-top, almost comedic would be one possible outcome if it weren't handled well or they could try to be genuine to the original, which I think would be very challenging to pull off.

Neil
29-Sep-2008, 02:43 PM
A stage adaptation would be interesting to see, but I wonder what direction they'd go with the portrayal. Schlocky, over-the-top, almost comedic would be one possible outcome if it weren't handled well or they could try to be genuine to the original, which I think would be very challenging to pull off.

Indeed, scary with tension could be hard!

slickwilly13
29-Sep-2008, 08:27 PM
Ok. I entered. I can skip a day of class to go.

MissJacksonCA
01-Oct-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm about 4 hours away but willing to spend the drive there and back for the stage production. I'm really wondering how they plan to do things with blood. Will there be lots of bloody moments? How is the shamble of the main characters? Will it be a loosely done adaptation or as verbatim as the stage permits?

slickwilly13
14-Oct-2008, 06:20 PM
Neil, did you get my e-mail?

Neil
14-Oct-2008, 09:37 PM
Neil, did you get my e-mail?

Nope... Because I've not been back to my main machine yet?

slickwilly13
15-Oct-2008, 01:24 PM
Nope... Because I've not been back to my main machine yet?

The reason I asked is because I am the contest winner. I chose Oct 31. I cannot remember when I entered if it asked me for my home address or not. If you do not have it, then let me know and I will send a pm.

Neil
15-Oct-2008, 02:09 PM
The reason I asked is because I am the contest winner. I chose Oct 31. I cannot remember when I entered if it asked me for my home address or not. If you do not have it, then let me know and I will send a pm.

Oh! LOL! Good job!

I'll contact you via email about this over the next day or two :)

If you don't plan on using both tickets, do let me know and I'll dish the spare one out too...

slickwilly13
15-Oct-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh! LOL! Good job!

I'll contact you via email about this over the next day or two :)

If you don't plan on using both tickets, do let me know and I'll dish the spare one out too...

I plan on using both tickets. My friend and I are going on a road trip. He is off the whole weekend, so I am ditching class that Friday and heading to Austin. I do not know if they will let me take photos, but I will bring a camera just in case. If I get pics, then I will post them on here. And give a review of the play. Btw, I did receive an e-mail, but I think it was an automatic one.

slickwilly13
30-Oct-2008, 03:07 PM
Just a reminder that I will be heading to Austin tomorrow to see the Night of the Living Dead play. If I am able to grab some extra programs does anyone want one? I will be taking photos to post on here. I'll back sometime Saturday afternoon.

Neil
30-Oct-2008, 03:43 PM
Just a reminder that I will be heading to Austin tomorrow to see the Night of the Living Dead play. If I am able to grab some extra programs does anyone want one? I will be taking photos to post on here. I'll back sometime Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy :)

capncnut
30-Oct-2008, 06:13 PM
Liking Neil's sig. :D