PDA

View Full Version : Hatchet

slickwilly13
27-Sep-2008, 07:07 AM
Anyone watched it, yet? It was just on cable tonight. Very gory and funny. Worth checking out for a laugh.

Bub666
27-Sep-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah ,I watch it awhile back.It's a really good movie.

slickwilly13
28-Sep-2008, 01:33 AM
I read somewhere that they are making a sequel. I hope it is good as the first movie. I enjoyed the fact it mixed humor and extreme violence. And I was surprised to see ole JD from Grandma's Boy as one of the leads. Oh yeah, and it showed toppless chicks, too. So, it had everything I wanted in a slasher flick. :cool:

bassman
28-Sep-2008, 01:54 AM
Is this the same Hatchet that's a book? The boy that crashed on an island with only his hatchet as a tool?

slickwilly13
28-Sep-2008, 02:15 AM
I had to read that book in the 6th grade. Good story and a movie was made from the book. Ned Beatty played the pilot who dies. But no, it is not the same story.

It is a slasher movie made a year or 2 ago. Kane Hodder plays duel roles as both the deformed killer and his dad. Robert Englund and Tony Todd make cameo appearances. It is extremely violent and I am very surprised it was given a R rating for what it showed. I called it a hard R. There is an unrated version on DVD. People get ripped in half in this movie. And the gore is very well done. Hodder plays a roided up and seemingly indestructable mongaloid. Think Jason, but without the mask, undecayed, more aggressive, and very fast. Instead of Crystal Lake, it is a swamp in Baton Rouge, LA. The movie plays homage to old schooled slasher movies.

Bub666
28-Sep-2008, 02:37 AM
I read somewhere that they are making a sequel. I hope it is good as the first movie.

That would be awesome if they made a sequel to this movie.Hopefully it's as good as the first one.

MikePizzoff
29-Sep-2008, 04:57 PM
Is it on any of the On Demand channels right now?

Since the 90's ended there have been a few REALLY good independent horror films. Session 9 and Reeker come to mind immediately.

slickwilly13
29-Sep-2008, 08:02 PM
Is it on any of the On Demand channels right now?

Since the 90's ended there have been a few REALLY good independent horror films. Session 9 and Reeker come to mind immediately.

No, just regular cable movie channels. I think either STARZ or Encore had it. If I catch it on the guide, then I give a heads up in advance. But there is an unrated version on DVD. I am sure you could rent it at a local video store. I know it is out.